User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Southampton v Arsenal, 19:45, 10/05

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I like Welbeck and don't mind Giroud but the only one fit to play centre forward an entire season is Sanchez....but Wenger won't stick with anybody there
    If form didn't come into it, I reckon he would play Giroud because he sees the tippy tappyness he brings with the lay offs and thinks that's what his striker should be doing.

All this chopping and changing helps no one, I still have no idea why Sanchez was removed from the role after his blistering start to the season. Theo should be the alternative if for whatever reason Sanchez is not central. The penny will never drop for him, dinosaur of a manager and one of the reasons he needs to go.

I like Welbeck but I know he's never going to be productive striker, he's just not switched on enough. Supreme athlete but only someone to use sparingly and for specific roles. Fergie always used to deploy him to do a job because that's how you get the most out of him, he never relied on him for goals.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 10-05-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a footballer I won't argue that Lukaku is a good striker and better than anyone we have at CF at the moment. But it will be like having another Ozil on the pitch in terms of work rate. The guy is just that lazy. Wont chase anything, wants everything to feet and wont put himself about enough to make use of his physique. We have enough players with that kind of attitude and I don't particularly want another one. We should be stacking our squad with fighters like Alexis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Alexis sent those two Southampton defenders to the floor and finished it past Forster was really special. So calm and collected in front of goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An example of why I want Alexis in the middle. It's the sort of goal we won't get from our other strikers because they can't even control the ball when zipped in with pace yet alone drop two defenders and score. Seen Welbeck in similar situations and his touch is way too heavy. Ozil would have to deliver a pass that puts Danny clean through on goal where he can hit it first time.

Wenger has to switch it up. Bring Sanchez back into middle and could even be a good time to bring back Iwobi to replace Sanchez's old position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    An example of why I want Alexis in the middle. It's the sort of goal we won't get from our other strikers because they can't even control the ball when zipped in with pace yet alone drop two defenders and score. Seen Welbeck in similar situations and his touch is way too heavy. Ozil would have to deliver a pass that puts Danny clean through on goal where he can hit it first time.

Wenger has to switch it up. Bring Sanchez back into middle and could even be a good time to bring back Iwobi to replace Sanchez's old position.
    I agree with bringing Sanchez back up front, esp against Chelsea at a neutral (and wide) venue. When we played them at their place their sat back and denied him space so he kept coming deep and was one of worst players that day. However at Wembley he would have a lot more space as the pitch is wider.

Don't agree with bringing Iwobi back tho, simply because he is currently out of his depth as a wide man. He doesn't bring anything to the side and is a proper wenger player in that he loves a pass back or a cut inside and the easy option. I'd play Welbeck wide as he at least takes his man on and can put a decent cross in.