User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Sunderland 19.45 at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Kroenke is a businessman and a pretty ruthless one, he and Wenger according to reports haven't even spoken in 2017

Wenger has made them money, but the point is he's on a downward trajectory and the longer in continues the less money he will make for the club

How long Jeff Fisher had been at the club is irrelevant, he was sacked six months after being given a contract extension after going on a losing run.

Your belief is based on a sense of negativity, you feel negative i appreciate that.....but it doesn't make you objective in your viewpoint.
    Maybe but as mentioned above he ran his American team into the ground didn't he? At the moment there's no money lost, tickets were already sold, if season ticket sales are slow perhaps it might change something.

I'll make this clear, I sincerely hope Kroenke is thinking what you say he's thinking, I'm just not convinced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wonder how many will stay for the lap of "honour" at the end of the Everton game. That will send another message.
    I think on that one it would be right to stay and give the likes of Alexis a clap. A bloody prudent too. Any little thing to avoid him fucking off will help. Ox stepped up in the final weeks, despite being messed around all over the shop by Wenger. Bellerin lost form but never forgot the fans. Cech is a pro through the good and bad and has fought back into form. I'd even say Theo wasn't horrible this year and we haven't seen any moaning from him over Wenger's strange campaign to ostracise him from the remainder of the season - although is that a good or a poor response? I think Kos always tries, sometime on his own. And kids like Holding and Iwobi deserve a nod for being thrown in at the deep end and managing to stay afloat and even thrive.

So it might be a bit unfair to tarnish all with the one brush.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agreed, Robbie has to turn up. That's his job now. But what about Moh, for example? 5 million words a season, but he has nothing to say about the boycott last night? I wonder was it agreed beforehand not to mention it, to avoid any of the nastiness we have seen in recent weeks? If so, and it's pure speculation, it would be a disservice to the idea of a channel that has the specific purpose of giving the fans a platform to discuss the immediate issues. Claude as well. All his claims that if Wenger stays, he's out. But he can't even manage it for one game. I AFTV a different thing now, in effect disconnected from the fans? Its own little bubble?
    I think Claude is afraid to be on his own, otherwise the bottle of Johnny Walker and the cabinet full of temazepan starts calling for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we do benefit a lot from selling tickets to tourists, we are one of the nearest clubs to central London and although it's not a reputation that is founded on anything substantial lately, we do have a reputation for good football.

Whilst I can understand Robbie Lyle himself attending, Troopz and DT?......as much as I think DT has become a great deal more coherent and less vitriolic anger in the last year (he was when they had that bell end Gary Neville on the show the most articulate of the four) I do think again he's in the business for himself as a vlogger (again it's a growing industry so can't blame him).
    If I remember correctly, the boycott was just one of the ways fans could participate. There were ways to take part on Twitter by tagging our sponsors and team, I think they also called for anyone that usually watches on Sky to switch off….for those that still wanted to go to the game, bring a banner or protest before the game. Anyone and everyone could have got involved and all done respectfully. I’ve heard DT and co say they won’t stop going to games just because of Wenger and have had to defend themselves when people have suggested they should stop going. I won’t knock them for going because they’ve been a huge part of why this has happened. I won’t knock them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroenke is a businessman and a pretty ruthless one, he and Wenger according to reports haven't even spoken in 2017

Wenger has made them money, but the point is he's on a downward trajectory and the longer in continues the less money he will make for the club

How long Jeff Fisher had been at the club is irrelevant, he was sacked six months after being given a contract extension after going on a losing run.

Your belief is based on a sense of negativity, you feel negative i appreciate that.....but it doesn't make you objective in your viewpoint.
    There's another thing lurking in the background - this 2019/20 Euro Super League. This thing hasn't gone away and, if anything, is quietly gathering steam. Who will be the 4 or 5 English clubs to cement their place at the top table if that horrible idea takes form? On pure financials alone, the chavs and the gypos. On history, Utd. That leaves Liverpool (already one of the "Big 5"), the spuds (with their upwards trajectory) and us (yes, "Big 5", but also heading down). A couple of years in the Europa while the spuds play the CL - I wonder? Can Kroenke take the risk of missing that boat, or even allowing the slim possibility of missing out? Wenger has already demonstrated time and again he can't master the Euro stage. Kroneke will have all the inside information he needs on this one. Just like I'm sure he had the inside track on TV deals when he made his initial "investment". This could be the big move where national football is pillaged and ditched and 100% of the resources end up in the pockets of a few elite teams. A bit like that banker bailout and maybe even necessary to keep this ridiculous money train on the rails.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    If I remember correctly, the boycott was just one of the ways fans could participate. There were ways to take part on Twitter by tagging our sponsors and team, I think they also called for anyone that usually watches on Sky to switch off….for those that still wanted to go to the game, bring a banner or protest before the game. Anyone and everyone could have got involved and all done respectfully. I’ve heard DT and co say they won’t stop going to games just because of Wenger and have had to defend themselves when people have suggested they should stop going. I won’t knock them for going because they’ve been a huge part of why this has happened. I won’t knock them.
    Yes, that's right actually. That's why I didn't watch the game last night. Although I couldn't quite resist tuning into GW to find out what was happening. I wonder is anyone trying to measure the full reach of the protest?

I understand why the AFTV lot won't commit to boycotting every match, they are Arsenal fans after all. But this one-off match, against Sunderland? I think the absence of that lot would have sent a message. Instead we had business as usual and barely a mention. Isn't that exactly what Wenger and the board want - business as usual? And silence?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's entirely up to them of course. Like i said in DT's case, he's also branching out by himself as a vlogger.....so people who want to look at his face as he reacts to what he's watching on the pitch......well they have that luxury.

It's still better than the expletive laden post match rants he used to do from his bleak looking bedroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defending?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's entirely up to them of course. Like i said in DT's case, he's also branching out by himself as a vlogger.....so people who want to look at his face as he reacts to what he's watching on the pitch......well they have that luxury.

It's still better than the expletive laden post match rants he used to do from his bleak looking bedroom.
    You could vlog about the boycott from outside the ground. It's hard to know why somebody central to the whole Wenger Out campaign passes up the opportunity to join with other fans in doing something to underpin that position and perhaps fire a more potent message at the board.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes, that's right actually. That's why I didn't watch the game last night. Although I couldn't quite resist tuning into GW to find out what was happening. I wonder is anyone trying to measure the full reach of the protest?

I understand why the AFTV lot won't commit to boycotting every match, they are Arsenal fans after all. But this one-off match, against Sunderland? I think the absence of that lot would have sent a message. Instead we had business as usual and barely a mention. Isn't that exactly what Wenger and the board want - business as usual? And silence?
    Some people just don’t agree with boycotting games. Some may just be proud to say they’ve gone to every game to support the club despite the shit results. I don’t know. But the purpose behind yesterday was to try and send a message the club and in a way that unites the fans. I guess by not mentioning it on AFTV it stops the debate on whether boycotts are right or wrong. I wouldn’t want anyone there to use that platform to suggest that we’re not real fans for boycotting. We don’t need to fight each other to get a message across. Everyone had a way to take part.