Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Are you Otto?
    I WISH!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Words of wisdom from Wenger
    I saw this earlier and while I get irritated when people just by default slam everything Wenger says, even if they agree with it, I have to say this:

Wenger insisted it was “ideal” to have six of his first-team squad in the final 12 months of their deals.
    Is weapons grade balonium.

*roof falls off house*
    "This is an ideal situation, now I don't have to go outside to sun-bathe!"
    *starts to rain*
    "This is an ideal situation, nice and refreshing"

...and so on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Words of wisdom from Wenger

3 first team players refusing to extend their contracts says more about Wenger than it does about player power or even Arsenal. They are REFUSING to extend because they don't believe in Wenger and his hollow words, they don't believe he is capable of building a football team to compete!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3599736.html

“Why? Because transfers become so high, even for normal players, they will go to the end of the contract because no-one will want to pay the amount of money that is demanded. I am convinced that in the next 10 years that will become usual.”
    The guy needs to sit down with the people that sold us Lacazette. They kept topping up his contract and refused to sell until they got what the right price.

He's talking as if Ozil and Sanchez don't have a year left on their contract. They're value has been shot to shit. If the idiots just gave them the money they want it spares us from having to fork out serious cash on an inferior player. Clubs will end up paying out for the contract because they know it's cheaper than spending £100m on the transfer fee plus the extra money on wages.

What sort of economic student was he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I saw this earlier and while I get irritated when people just by default slam everything Wenger says, even if they agree with it, I have to say this:

Is weapons grade balonium.

*roof falls off house*
    "This is an ideal situation, now I don't have to go outside to sun-bathe!"
    *starts to rain*
    "This is an ideal situation, nice and refreshing"

...and so on
    Yep, this situation is absolutely on Wenger and the club, how could it have got to this? It's honestly amazing. Wenger is fooling nobody with this nonsense about it being good for the team/club/blah blah

What is even more comical is that it's gone from the club needing every single last penny by selling players to now it being OK for the club to let the best players contracts run down and loose them for nothing.

The whole thing is one giant mess and Wenger has his paws all over it.
    Last edited by selassie; 31-07-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    The guy needs to sit down with the people that sold us Lacazette. They kept topping up his contract and refused to sell until they got what the right price.

He's talking as if Ozil and Sanchez don't have a year left on their contract. They're value has been shot to shit. If the idiots just gave them the money they want it spares us from having to fork out serious cash on an inferior player. Clubs will end up paying out for the contract because they know it's cheaper than spending £100m on the transfer fee plus the extra money on wages.

What sort of economic student was he?
    I know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have 2 more years of the guy to come, at least. Within the year he may have lost a big chunk of the squad, and with his antic over Lemar it shows he's still not prepared to accept the realities of the market, crazy as they are. So unless he's going to recapture his eye for spotting talent, we have a bleak period mapped out. We could be mid-table by the time Wenger gets around to awarding himself his next contract.

Stan's giving him a run for his money in the popularity stakes. His new "conservation" channel has gone down about as well as Wenger's eye for spotting talent.

What a pair they are.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Wenger trying to reinvent the wheel with some hipster bullshit.

Under no circumstances is having a group of first team players, some of whom are key, enter their final year without any designs of long term commitment an "ideal situation". Does this happen at other top clubs?

Christ. To think there were some people amongst the fanbase who were happy this guy signed up for another 2 years. He's a soul sapping fruitloop, I completely resent him for making me feel so disconnected from the club I love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they are in the final year of the contract does not mean the contract is in the final year. If they extend then it is not the final year. Is this the waiting period or the wanting period? Maybe we know, maybe we don't know. Maybe the player will tell you, maybe not. If they sign or do not sign depends on many things. Speculation is unhelpful and maybe means the team loses games. Fans who love the club will know this but sometimes you have fans who only want to win games and do not think about the club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Typical Wenger trying to reinvent the wheel with some hipster bullshit.

Under no circumstances is having a group of first team players, some of whom are key, enter their final year without any designs of long term commitment an "ideal situation". Does this happen at other top clubs?

Christ. To think there were some people amongst the fanbase who were happy this guy signed up for another 2 years. He's a soul sapping fruitloop, I completely resent him for making me feel so disconnected from the club I love.
    He's either completely losing the plot, or just openly taking the piss out of the fans. Either way it's a disgrace he is still in charge of this club.

Fuck Wenger, Kroenke, Gazidis and the rest of their cronies. I have never felt less enthusiastic about a season starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    He's either completely losing the plot, or just openly taking the piss out of the fans. Either way it's a disgrace he is still in charge of this club.

Fuck Wenger, Kroenke, Gazidis and the rest of their cronies. I have never felt less enthusiastic about a season starting.
    Really would be happier if we resigned inamoto and sacked the entire backroom staff. We give players who don't deserve it like Jenkinson and bendtner long term deals and can never offload them but good players who play Well for us have all the power and are given shorter deals
    [B]Check out my friends stand up Comedy channel :