User Tag List

Page 13 of 263 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Have you moved on to whining about stuff that hasn't happened now?
    Straight back into the routine. Let's wait and see if year 14 is the charm, eh?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Straight back into the routine. Let's wait and see if year 14 is the charm, eh?
    Well, yes . What is the other option?
    I don't think it will be "our year" next season either and I don't want Wenger to be our manager next year. But he will be. Nothing you post on here will change that.
    Whining about every rumour, every signing, every transfer saga all summer. What does that add to either this place or the campaign (such as it is) to get Wenger out?
    Is it not more productive to objectively look at players we're linked with, discuss how they'd fit into the team, or wouldn't, or whatever.
    This place isn't loads of fun any more at the best of times. Constant whining - even when nothing has actually happened - adds nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes . What is the other option?
    I don't think it will be "our year" next season either and I don't want Wenger to be our manager next year. But he will be. Nothing you post on here will change that.
    Whining about every rumour, every signing, every transfer saga all summer. What does that add to either this place or the campaign (such as it is) to get Wenger out?
    Is it not more productive to objectively look at players we're linked with, discuss how they'd fit into the team, or wouldn't, or whatever.
    This place isn't loads of fun any more at the best of times. Constant whining - even when nothing has actually happened - adds nothing.
    That's YOUR response to the situation. Fine.

But other people see it differently and they are equally entitled to their opinion. Opinions you can disagree with, also fine. But you don't. You post up snide comments. Why is it "whining" for any Arsenal fan to be pissed off with the situation at this club?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't whining for people to be pissed off with the situation at the club. But it's whining to be whining about everything that happens. Everything that doesn't happen. Every rumour about a player we're linked with.
    Does it make the slightest bit of difference to whether Wenger stays or goes? What does it add either to debate on here or the place being fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it whining tobe underwhelmed by the kind of players we're being linked with and of course our supposed signings so far, a free full back (again few know anything about) and some kid from some minor league.

It's not like this is all BS either, we've seen the kind of players we sign, rarely are they proven or top class, so these players are feasible signings for us, we won't be seeing any top quality players through the door because the fact is we're cheap and Wenger loves nothing more than a pet project.

If our transfer history wasn't so obviouly skewed towards certain types of players then fine, but it is, we're always on the lookout for some project or bargains OR we leave it till the very last minute (how ridiculous is that BTW when we're already well into the new season) and then panic buy, why can't we be like a proper club and just sign the players we need at the going rate just like everyone else?

Sick of this rubbish to be honest and now we're lumbered with this for yet another two years, so yes I am going to complain when things are not to my liking and when we're linked to players I don't want to see here and who I don't feel will bring anything we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't whining for people to be pissed off with the situation at the club. But it's whining to be whining about everything that happens. Everything that doesn't happen. Every rumour about a player we're linked with.
    Does it make the slightest bit of difference to whether Wenger stays or goes? What does it add either to debate on here or the place being fun?
    Why isn't political debate fun? Why isn't religious debate fun? Why isn't Apple vs Microsoft fan boy debate fun? Why isn't "my favourite pop singer" debate fun? Why isn't it all reasonable and rational and carefully crafted to avoid potential offence and distress?

Football forum. Football fans. Different people, different views, tribalism, emotion. What do you expect? Oxford debating rules? Have you seen how boring those cunts are, btw?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it all la bit draining. Nothing is looked at objectively. No, I don't expect this to be high quality intellectual debate but there is a bit of a middle ground. Isn't there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the middle ground exactly? Everything about the club is a joke at the moment, there's literally no part of it you can respect, we don't do anything the right way, which is ironic considering for years we were talking the morally superior angle, truth is we're everything that is wrong with football today and pound for pound from the fans point of view one if not the worst clubs in football today, a club where the fans put everything in and get nothing back but a kick in the teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find it all la bit draining. Nothing is looked at objectively. No, I don't expect this to be high quality intellectual debate but there is a bit of a middle ground. Isn't there?
    That's the problem. In competition there is no middle ground. There is no reasonable, no rational. There's winning and losing. Do you not see the way fans scream and lose control when their team scores a goal? Do you not see how that is intensified ten fold if the goal comes in the last minute, to win the game? Do you not see how it is one hundred times the passion and emotion if a trophy is on the line? That's what it's about.

And when some fuck comes along and says it's all about sustainability and accounting and balance sheets and profit and all of that will be promoted at the expense of the other thing, well fans get fundamentally fucked off. And all that passion and irrationality and emotion gets directed elsewhere.

This is human nature you are seeking to neutralise and organise. Like our modern politics. A politically correct wasteland. Human shells, schooled and practised in the discipline of saying nothing at all and, eventually, thinking nothing at all. Makes for a nice calm environment, like a drugged up retirement home. But it's not football.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    What's the middle ground exactly? Everything about the club is a joke at the moment

We have literally just won the FA Cup, our 3rd in 4 years. So no, not really. We surely can't be doing EVERYTHING wrong. It's 3 more trophies than Spurs have won in that time.
    Where we are failing is to compete in the biggest competitions which, with our resources isn't good enough.
    My hope for this summer is that they surely realise that we have to sign some more proper quality and keep most of the the squad we have together. If they let Sanchez or Ozil and/or don't sign some proper quality then it will be another frustrating season next year. But the season has barely finished, even I didn't want Wenger to stay but he has and there's nothing we can do about that so let's at least see what he's going to do in the transfer window this year. All clubs sign nothing players as well as bigger ones in every transfer window, that is not something unique to Arsenal. If that's all we do then I'll be facepalming too but the transfer window has barely opened yet.