Page 142 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Not sure why people are moaning, we're in an ideal situation!
    If people keep on complaining like this it may cost us the title.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be ironic if we lost Ox-Chamberlain, for years we held on to him when he really wasn't doing much and the minute he starts to become top class he's got one year left and can pretty much walk away.

Never had that problem with Walcott who has been sh*t all his all career and we've kept offering new contracts to.

This club really is sh*t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It would be ironic if we lost Ox-Chamberlain, for years we held on to him when he really wasn't doing much and the minute he starts to become top class he's got one year left and can pretty much walk away.

Never had that problem with Walcott who has been sh*t all his all career and we've kept offering new contracts to.

This club really is sh*t.
    You know my thoughts on Walcott. We’ve had the debate plenty of times about him being suited to playing up front. But putting aside the technical comparisons, in terms of the style of play and type of striker, he’s similar to Lacazette. Again, I’m not comparing their technical ability, just how they play up front. He should have been developed into a classic number 9. It has made no sense to play Theo as a winger when it’s clear he doesn’t have the skillset for that role.

My guess is that Wenger has never fancied the classic number 9 sort of player or has had bad luck with them when he’s signed them. He got Ian Wright out of the team pretty quickly, never signed Jermain Defore despite the Wright comparisons, had a bad experience with Jeffers, Suker wasn’t what we expected, etc. When we have signed that sort of player, he’s been reluctant to play them. Eduardo had way too many games playing wide, we bought Vela because of his strike record with the Mexico youth team but he ended up playing wide and lord knows why Park and Perez were never given a chance.

Walcott really should have moved on ages ago if he valued his development over money. As things stand, he has no place in the team since and is still at a stage where he’s having to prove himself despite scoring 19 goals last season. Ox not signing a new deal is the right thing for his career. Here is a kid with everything in his locker technically and physically. He can pass, shoot, dribble, strong on the ball, gets back to defend….all the problems with his game are mental. It’s his decision making that lets him down and that’s down to bad coaching. What is he being taught? That’s why he needs to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are Ox was waiting on Wenger's decision. People who know him say he likes it at Arsenal, he's settled. And yet he won't sign a contract. What does that tell you? Now he's been offered a big pay bump, if he still doesn't sign that will eliminate the money angle. My bet is he wants to get as far away from Wenger as possible. As does Alexis. As does Ozil. And because they are all in the driving seat they can bide their time. Contrary to Wenger's bullshit, it is the players who are in the ideal position having calmly outmanoeuvred the old fool.

Look at how ridiculous this all is.

Monaco wanted 50 mill for Lemar. 50 mill on the table would have got the deal done, well in advance of other clubs coming in and depleting the Monaco squad. Wenger's excuses are bullshit, as always.

Alexis wanted 300k. Slap that on the table and he's signed, a massive boost going into the new season. With Lacazette in, Lemar following and Alexis signed, what's the bets Ox and Ozil would take that as an indicator the club was finally getting its shit in gear?

And Ox wanted parity. A smaller offer than the one Wenger has painfully crawled to might have done the job six months ago. Stick 140 on the table and show the player you are interested in him, he's in your plans, you want him to stay. Instead, another crawl to the worst possible outcome.

It's a joke. You make one mistake and that's acceptable, everyone makes a mistake. Make two and that's careless. Make the same fucking mistake a third time in short order and that's outright incompetence.

Wenger should have been sacked for this contract farce alone.

Why is the fucker still here? It's outrageous. WTF? What, exactly, would he have to do to get the shove? Burn the fucking place down?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours building that Utd will step in and pay the asking price for Lemar. What a coup for Maureen if true. He'll be laughing has arse off at the old goat who wouldn't go an extra 5 mill in this crazy market to get his supposed number one target.

Fucking cheapskate. Well, I erm, you know, little bit, if we can find qualiteeee we will do it, there is no qualiteeee, it will kill Gibbs, please pay me 8 million quid...
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Rumours building that Utd will step in and pay the asking price for Lemar. What a coup for Maureen if true. He'll be laughing has arse off at the old goat who wouldn't go an extra 5 mill in this crazy market to get his supposed number one target.

Fucking cheapskate. Well, I erm, you know, little bit, if we can find qualiteeee we will do it, there is no qualiteeee, it will kill Gibbs, please pay me 8 million quid...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

This would be hilarious and would leave a massive egg on Wengers' face as he said Monaco weren't willing to sell as they had sold others effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You know my thoughts on Walcott. We’ve had the debate plenty of times about him being suited to playing up front. But putting aside the technical comparisons, in terms of the style of play and type of striker, he’s similar to Lacazette. Again, I’m not comparing their technical ability, just how they play up front. He should have been developed into a classic number 9. It has made no sense to play Theo as a winger when it’s clear he doesn’t have the skillset for that role.

My guess is that Wenger has never fancied the classic number 9 sort of player or has had bad luck with them when he’s signed them. He got Ian Wright out of the team pretty quickly, never signed Jermain Defore despite the Wright comparisons, had a bad experience with Jeffers, Suker wasn’t what we expected, etc. When we have signed that sort of player, he’s been reluctant to play them. Eduardo had way too many games playing wide, we bought Vela because of his strike record with the Mexico youth team but he ended up playing wide and lord knows why Park and Perez were never given a chance.

Walcott really should have moved on ages ago if he valued his development over money. As things stand, he has no place in the team since and is still at a stage where he’s having to prove himself despite scoring 19 goals last season. Ox not signing a new deal is the right thing for his career. Here is a kid with everything in his locker technically and physically. He can pass, shoot, dribble, strong on the ball, gets back to defend….all the problems with his game are mental. It’s his decision making that lets him down and that’s down to bad coaching. What is he being taught? That’s why he needs to go.
    I know your feeling about Walcott and you know mine so no point going over old ground, I think my point was really that Walcott really hasn't delivered for us whatever the reasons but we have been happy to offer him new contracts and keep him tied down, he's been here 10+ years now.

With Ox we kept him here but let him run down his contract when he started coming good which seems odd to me, we should have got him signed up last season during the season at the latest, we've had no issues signing up other players on long term contracts, players who aren't even good enough and yet with Ox who was very good last season we haven't.

What a terrible oversight and now he'll be able to walk away for free next summer just like Sanchez and why wouldn't he. We've basically waste a load of money allowing him to develop and when he starts to show signs of becoming top class allowed him to walk away, we clearly signed him for the future when we brought him in, when that future finally became the present we won't be reaping the rewards some other club will by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I know your feeling about Walcott and you know mine so no point going over old ground, I think my point was really that Walcott really hasn't delivered for us whatever the reasons but we have been happy to offer him new contracts and keep him tied down, he's been here 10+ years now.

With Ox we kept him here but let him run down his contract when he started coming good which seems odd to me, we should have got him signed up last season during the season at the latest, we've had no issues signing up other players on long term contracts, players who aren't even good enough and yet with Ox who was very good last season we haven't.

What a terrible oversight and now he'll be able to walk away for free next summer just like Sanchez and why wouldn't he. We've basically waste a load of money allowing him to develop and when he starts to show signs of becoming top class allowed him to walk away, we clearly signed him for the future when we brought him in, when that future finally became the present we won't be reaping the rewards some other club will by the looks of it.
    I don’t think Ox deserves a contract worth £130k if I’m going off his performances. I made a point last year about young players getting way too much too soon and Ox was included in that list along with Gibbs, Ramsey and Wilshere. If I’m being honest, this would be an example of the club doing something different and not handing out a new deal off the back of a purple patch in form. We’ve seen it with Theo, Bellerin and Ramsey, an explosion of great form, new contract comes in and then that form disappears. I can’t fault them for being cautious but I know this is just a one off.

I think Ox has bags of potential, but I can’t even bring myself to say I want him to stay because he’s fucking up his career the longer he stays with Wenger. He’s now playing as a wingback for fucks sakes! He should be a central midfielder. Under different circumstances and I’d want him to stay but I don’t believe for a second that him staying will help us or his career. If he has any sense he’ll turn down every single offer they put in front of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ox needs to understand where his strengths are. He absolutely doesn't have the skillset to play CM. Like Theo, he's best off on the right.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.