Page 145 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Dumb, how? We are regressing steadily. Our so called star players want out, with bigger clubs ready to swoop. Leeds may have been an extreme example, but look at where we are now, a jumped up cup team being led by a a clueless board and manager.
    Except that's not what happened to Leeds. They went bust and were forced to sell their assets, including the stadium.

There's no comparison at all, so yes, it's dumb.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's easy to say what his best position is when you haven't seen him play in the middle for a long enough period.
    Ok well I'm just saying his attributes are best suited to the position wide right, could he also be an accomplished central attacking midfielder I'm sure he could.

But in playing him at wing back or even on some bizarre occasions as a deep lying central midfielder like Wenger is doing is a) the square peg in round hole that Wenger does and b) reportedly the reason he has turned down a deal from us, but more likely he wants to go to Chelsea for more money and champions league football with a good chance of getting games in a thin squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the feeling that OX just wants to leave and play for a different manager and try prove himself somewhere else. I have no doubt that under someone like Klopp or Conte he would improve and would be used properly and given the right type of coaching and guidance.

I too would turn down a deal if I was him considering dross like Walcott is on 110 a week since 2014 despite bringing nothing to the table and consistently looking lost. Ox must be thinking why am I being pissed about and played all over the park and not given any importance until I enter my final contract year?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF we do the same shit we do every season for the last decade, next summer is going to be a bloodbath with Ox, Ozil and Sanchez leaving. The last year of the cunts contract is going to be a humungous shit storm!

Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rapidly this great club is descending to the levels of WBA, Stoke and other also rans. Blame lies with Wenger and Kroenke. Sooner both of them go the better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    Rapidly this great club is descending to the levels of WBA, Stoke and other also rans. Blame lies with Wenger and Kroenke. Sooner both of them go the better
    relax, its not that bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Ox needs to understand where his strengths are. He absolutely doesn't have the skillset to play CM. Like Theo, he's best off on the right.
    tbf, he does.

The type of midfielder we need in our midfield is what Ox has in his skillset.

The problem is Wenger hasnt turned anyone into a proper CM... ever. Vieira came in and dominated. Cesc didnt really become a great CM, he became more of an attacking mid and a great footballer. Ramsey had the chance but Wenger turned him into something like Cesc but not as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele signs for Barca. 96 mill, rising to 136 mill with add-ons. Release clause is close on 400 mill.

Looks like Mbappe will go to PSG on loan, to get around FFP, and will sign on a permanent deal next season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We turned down a £10 mil bid for Gibbs earlier now we are selling jim for £7mil
    [B]Check out my friends stand up Comedy channel :