Page 149 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Been listening to the Arsecast Extra this morning and Arseblog was essentially saying the same thing. He made a failed powerplay last year to get rid of the manager, got cucked by Kroenke & Wenger and instead of resigning with integrity, prefers to stick around despite being emasculated because it's too much of a cushy paypacket (£2 million a year plus bonuses) & job to give up.

I suppose I've been guilty of perhaps giving too much credit to Gazidis on here but he at least made a concerted attempt at change, interviewing potential new managerial targets and attempting to introduce a DoF which is far better than anything Wenger or Kroenke have done to reverse course.

I guess it's a Trump like situation where because the bar and expectations are so low with fans absolutely desperate for anything, even the most minimal attempt to show some basic competence or initiative is praised.
    If it weren't for certain details being revealed by Gazidis, I'm pretty sure we'd still be in the dark about our state of finances with posters still talking as if Wenger is the victim and not a selfish cunt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It has to be said the reason he did it was because he's trying to deflect blame off himself for not doing his job properly.

I had trepidation about Gazidis but I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he was finally going to stand up and do something, the end result lead us to one of two conclusions. He's weak and incompetent or he's as much a part of our malaise as Wenger and Kroenke.

The fact that Wenger has managed to cultivate a relationship with Kroenke and Gazidis hasn't doesn't speak highly of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It has to be said the reason he did it was because he's trying to deflect blame off himself for not doing his job properly.

I had trepidation about Gazidis but I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he was finally going to stand up and do something, the end result lead us to one of two conclusions. He's weak and incompetent or he's as much a part of our malaise as Wenger and Kroenke.

The fact that Wenger has managed to cultivate a relationship with Kroenke and Gazidis hasn't doesn't speak highly of him.
    You didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. We've had this conversation too many times. Despite sources saying Wenger bypassed the Board and went straight to Kroenke for the contract renewal, you're still focused on the wrong guy. Gazidis had no power when appointed and still doesn't have the power to move Wenger on. It would be stupid to focus on getting him out and hoping he resigns if he has no power to give Wenger the boot despite the supposed power moves to undermine the manager. Heck, if he wasn't so vocal about our affairs, most here, including you would be pulling up useless spreadsheets trying to calculate our finances as if it has anything to do with why Wenger is a crap manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I did give him the benefit of the doubt, what I did was voice my reservations about his competence. I acknowledged that he really was the only hope we had for change.

The reason we assume Gazidis is powerless is because of Kroenke and yet he was here two years before Kroenke.

I'm simply saying it's not inconceivable a chief executive with more clout might have more power over Wenger. Like I've said Wenger has cultivated a relationship with Kroenke, one that Gazidis clearly does not have.

And I don't think it's unfair to at the very least speculate that a man who clearly was prepared to humiliate himself in the way Gazidis has to keep his very nice pay packet might not be awfully good at his job. Whether you think he should have gone or not, if Gazidis is that good at his job hed surely think I can actually get another one where I actually make changes.

It strikes me that it's easier for him to do a 180 and pretend like he never said what he did. Spin merchant basically.

Did he have ideas to at the very least assert some control over Wenger.....possibly. But Wenger very easily outmanuevered him.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 28-08-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxlade moving to Chelsea

Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict they'll pull some director of football stunt and bring in a yes man as cover for Wenger to see out his ill-gotten contract. And that would serve as a pretence that Gazidis has some power. Would be a nice, cynical solution and would also supply a scapegoat for both of them. Of course you'd have to be the greediest man alive or an absolute fool to take that role, but there are plenty of greedy people and fools out there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool sign Keita for over 70 mill, but he won't join until next summer.

The chavs are on the verge of signing Ox for 30 mill.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barkley to the spuds.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player with promise buy he is under bad management and hasn't really done anything of note in the 6 years hes been here. I dont blame him for wanting to leave and i bet the board and manager are happy to be making yet more profit in the transfer market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lemar on verge of signing for Liverpool. Final deal will be in the region of 74 million.

Meanwhile some nasty and hurtful rumours going around that we're trying to sign Jonny Evans. What's the matter you cunts? Couldn't you get Senderos or tempt Silvestre out of retirement?
    Für eure Sicherheit