Page 150 of 263 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I did give him the benefit of the doubt, what I did was voice my reservations about his competence. I acknowledged that he really was the only hope we had for change.

The reason we assume Gazidis is powerless is because of Kroenke and yet he was here two years before Kroenke.

I'm simply saying it's not inconceivable a chief executive with more clout might have more power over Wenger. Like I've said Wenger has cultivated a relationship with Kroenke, one that Gazidis clearly does not have.

And I don't think it's unfair to at the very least speculate that a man who clearly was prepared to humiliate himself in the way Gazidis has to keep his very nice pay packet might not be awfully good at his job. Whether you think he should have gone or not, if Gazidis is that good at his job hed surely think I can actually get another one where I actually make changes.

It strikes me that it's easier for him to do a 180 and pretend like he never said what he did. Spin merchant basically.
    Speak for yourself. Wenger hired Gazidis and was acting as Chief Executive after Dein left.

Did you not hear the part about Wenger bypassing the Board and going straight to Kroenke for his contract? Do you really think Wenger won't have a say over who the next Chief Executive is?

Does anyone else here think hiring a new Chief Executive would change things? Do you trust Stan to even make the correct decision and appoint the right man? Why in the heck would he appoint someone to oppose Wenger if he's not even listening to Gazidis and Chips?

It's a foolish proposal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wimmer to Stoke for 15 mill.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason we assume Gazidis is powerless is because of Kroenke and yet he was here two years before Kroenke.
    It may be as simple as he was willing to give Wenger a chance to sort things out back then as there was legitimately a money issue then (it was prior to the sponsorship money really kicking in) but now seeing as he can't do it despite not being financially handicapped is or should I say was willing to try and force some change.

Essentially the same sentiment that a lot of fans have had, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Oxlade moving to Chelsea

Arsenal
    Fuck him. If we can get 35 million out of Chelsea then it'd be decent days work - probably could have got 50+ if he had more years simply for the English factor.

What's annoying is that we've spent the first three games of the season's placating his fragile little ego, dropping the best LB in the Bundesliga last year and shifting Bellerin to the left just to give him game time and he still wants out. All simply because he's one of Wenger's favourites. He doesn't deserve the chances he's been given here - he'll be in for a shock when he goes to Chelsea and realises he'll have to actually answer to a manager and owner who won't tolerate total incompetence.

He's got the same cunt of an agent that Sterling has so I suppose I shouldn't be at all surprised at this.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Speak for yourself. Wenger hired Gazidis and was acting as Chief Executive after Dein left.

Did you not hear the part about Wenger bypassing the Board and going straight to Kroenke for his contract? Do you really think Wenger won't have a say over who the next Chief Executive is?

Does anyone else here think hiring a new Chief Executive would change things? Do you trust Stan to even make the correct decision and appoint the right man? Why in the heck would he appoint someone to oppose Wenger if he's not even listening to Gazidis and Chips?

It's a foolish proposal.
    So basically you've admitted that Gazidis is a Wenger stooge

I mentioned that Wenger bypassed the board, that he was able to do that so easily like I've said doesn't cast a great light on Gazidis. He's apparently coming up with all these plans to put Wenger in his place and Wenger just says fuck you and goes behind him.

You seem to think I'm suggesting we should get rid of Gazidis and keep Wenger, ship has well and truly sailed. You're quite probably right you would only get in soneone just as spineless as Gazidis. I'm saying he and Wenger should be out the door at the same time.

Because what happens then is any manager with half a brain would be able to play Gazidis just as easily as Wenger has.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    I dont blame him for wanting to leave and i bet the board and manager are happy to be making yet more profit in the transfer market.
    Given our total ineptitude in tieing down players to contracts, letting too many of them go into their final years without any consequences and being unable sell well ....... we can't even boast about "net transfer spend" or celebrate the "most financially prudent team" trophy anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In:
    Lacazette - 44mill rising to 50mill if Arsenal win a match or Wenger selects a right back for the right back position.

Potentially In:
    Evans 23 mill

Out:
    Ox - 30 mill
    Chesney - 15 mill
    Gibbs - 5 mill
    Gabriel - 10 mill
    Plus a few kids worth around 6 mill

Potentially out:
    Alexis - 70 mill
    Mustafi - 30 mill

In: 44 mill
    Out: 66 mill
    Profit: 22 mill

Potentially In: 67 mill
    Potentially Out: 166 mill
    Potential Trophy: 99 mill

And that's without growing rumours that Ozil may be off to Dortmund.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Given our total ineptitude in tieing down players to contracts, letting too many of them go into their final years without any consequences and being unable sell well ....... we can't even boast about "net transfer spend" or celebrate the "most financially prudent team" trophy anymore.
    I don't think these sales are about financial prudence. It's about these players wanting out because we are a club with no ambition. Totally controlled by one man in the football stakes.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    In:
    Lacazette - 44mill rising to 50mill if Arsenal win a match or Wenger selects a right back for the right back position.

Potentially In:
    Evans 23 mill

Out:
    Ox - 30 mill
    Chesney - 15 mill
    Gibbs - 5 mill
    Gabriel - 10 mill
    Plus a few kids worth around 6 mill

Potentially out:
    Alexis - 70 mill
    Mustafi - 30 mill

In: 44 mill
    Out: 66 mill
    Profit: 22 mill

Potentially In: 67 mill
    Potentially Out: 166 mill
    Potential Trophy: 99 mill

And that's without growing rumours that Ozil may be off to Dortmund.
    My understanding is that Mustafi will go to inter on loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that Mustafi will go to inter on loan
    Juve are supposedly offering a permanent deal. Speculation and rumour of course, which is why he's in the potential column. Also, if we were serious about a loan deal we wouldn't be talking about demanding offers matching the amount we paid for him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically you've admitted that Gazidis is a Wenger stooge

I mentioned that Wenger bypassed the board, that he was able to do that so easily like I've said doesn't cast a great light on Gazidis. He's apparently coming up with all these plans to put Wenger in his place and Wenger just says fuck you and goes behind him.

You seem to think I'm suggesting we should get rid of Gazidis and keep Wenger, ship has well and truly sailed. You're quite probably right you would only get in soneone just as spineless as Gazidis. I'm saying he and Wenger should be out the door at the same time.

Because what happens then is any manager with half a brain would be able to play Gazidis just as easily as Wenger has.
    Admitted? I have always said Gazidis has no power to fire Wenger. Is your memory that bad? I've said this for the past 10 years or so. What part of Wenger having the final say aren't you getting from the many posts here and elsewhere? You're only just catching on. I still remember the day you tried to argue that we didn't have the cash to spend when we signed Ozil. Again, if certain details about our finances weren't so public, fools would still be raging on about us not being able to compete.

How is that last part even relevant? Played? Is it more important for the focus to go on Wenger or Gazidis? For the almost a decade Wenger has evaded criticism because of these sort of arguments. It's brain dead.