User Tag List

Page 163 of 263 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Graffiti has always had it's place when dictators run wild. You're not alone in not being against this sort of thing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...sed-liverpool/
    Was the G and E in Wenger a deliberate attempt at Cursive?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Le Grove wrote an excellent piece today, really informative and sums up everything.

Wenger has simply got to go.
    I read it and whilst I generally agree with his diagnosis of the problems it's kind of staggering that he doesn't place any blame on Kroenke and his lack of interest and instead puts it squarely 100% on Wenger.

I know he's had an agenda for a long time against Wenger even when we weren't the clown show we are now ...... but does he not realise it's Kroneke absenteeism that allows Wenger to run the club unchecked and ungoverned?

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Those bastards know very well that fans won't stop watching or engaging. That's why modern football is such a coveted investment, captive audience, fanatical commitment to brand, total aversion to brand switching, even the eye watering prices don't diminish the demand.
    Total football fans won't but Arsenal football fans may. And as you said in an earlier post, the TV money will keep coming in regardless if less Arsenal fans are watching their games because it's locked in and isn't determined by league position.

Probably the only problem with the collective TV deal.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I read it and whilst I generally agree with his diagnosis of the problems it's kind of staggering that he doesn't place any blame on Kroenke and his lack of interest and instead puts it squarely 100% on Wenger.

I know he's had an agenda for a long time against Wenger even when we weren't the clown show we are now ...... but does he not realise it's Kroneke absenteeism that allows Wenger to run the club unchecked and ungoverned?

Total football fans won't but Arsenal football fans may. And as you said in an earlier post, the TV money will keep coming in regardless if less Arsenal fans are watching their games because it's locked in and isn't determined by league position.

I think in fairness he's merely answering the accusation that Kroenke is stopping Wenger from buying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Ornstein is reporting the Sterling/Sanchez swap deal.
    So we swap one player who doesn't want to be here, for another player who doesn't want to come here.

Only at Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling is reportedly keen on returning to London.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jonny Evans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Jonny Evans
    Kind of staggering that us and City are linked with him when you have a wantaway Van Dijk at Southampton who's miles a better player.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Now Ornstein is reporting the Sterling/Sanchez swap deal.
    He has said that City have no interest in offering a player as part of the deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

I get where Le Grove is coming from with the focus on Wenger. The Cult of Wenger is strong with many believing he can do no wrong. They still believe that if we put the right pieces around him, he’d turn water into wine. That’s what previous Board members thought before cashing out and that’s the current owner thinks.

We could change owners tomorrow and still have the same problems if they the new owners can’t see that Wenger is passed it. Think of Usmanov. He’s never criticised and he’s supposed to be close to David Dein. Kroenke was close to David Dein. If Usmanov were to takeover or if we were able to bring Dein back in some capacity, would they sack Wenger? I doubt it. It would just extend his life at the club and give the fans false hope of something changing.

Wenger’s reputation needs to take a battering and we need to hope that Kroenke gets the message. What happens after that and who they appoint….God knows. But if we appoint someone with a good reputation because I doubt these guys have enough knowledge about football to discover some hidden talent coaching in Mongolia, I think we’d be ok. As long as the owner gives the new manager access to the funds we generate, we might end up ok. I hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From GeoffArsenal who's a legitimate ITK

https://twitter.com/GeoffArsenal/sta...56164314644480

There was a meeting yesterday. There are players that'l be sold. He only wants to keep the players that 100% want to play for The Arsenal. >
    There are players that clearly don't appreciate what it is to play or have not met the standards to play for The Arsenal. Busy week?
    Told he has replacements shortlisted for the outgoing players. It has been coming. I think we all know what players. I'm 100% behind it.
    The attitude & performance at Lpool was the last straw for some players.