Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    http://playbackmedia.co.uk/podcasts/...cally-arsenal/

GRRRRRRR! Veins are starting to pop.

Geoff Cunt - 'Erm, well, you know, erm, all those people saying he's playing players out of position, well, err, you know, err, who's to say that, err, if another manager came in, err, you know?"

And that's it. The last reason why Wenger should stay. Because we might get a worse manager in to replace him (even though that's completely impossible).
    This podcast is unbelievable. If this is what we're up against then we have no chance at all. These people need to be locked away for their own safety and everyone elses.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points about Gilberto. One of the most underrated players of all. I'll always remember Wenger snubbing him for the captaincy and then getting rid of him for absolutely no reason whatsoever. That alarm bells should have been deafening by that stage, but I guess most of us were still basking in the glory days. Gilberto fucking loved this club. I remember his flag at the world cup when he was bossing it for Brazil - "It's just like watching Arsenal" Great bloke, great player. Fuck you Wenger.
    The snub for the captaincy over William Gallas was a disgrace. Wenger doesn't reward loyalty but demands it from his players.

Wenger doesn't deserve to leave on a high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points about Gilberto. One of the most underrated players of all. I'll always remember Wenger snubbing him for the captaincy and then getting rid of him for absolutely no reason whatsoever. That alarm bells should have been deafening by that stage, but I guess most of us were still basking in the glory days. Gilberto fucking loved this club. I remember his flag at the world cup when he was bossing it for Brazil - "It's just like watching Arsenal" Great bloke, great player. Fuck you Wenger.
    Yes it was so tacky how he took the captaincy from him.

That 06/07 season Gilberto was the leader of that team. He was so impressive when Henry was out injured that season. He really stepped up as a leader.

I hope if he goes into coaching he's brought back to the club. That's if Arsene not around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I only really listen to Tuesday Club (when they make them) and the odd Arsecast or Le Grove one. Its definitely cathartic though.

Worth checking for Arsenal Vision Podcast. It's more on the tactical side and features Tim Stillman who often has a column over at Arseblog.

Will listen to the Arseblog podcast now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This podcast is unbelievable. If this is what we're up against then we have no chance at all. These people need to be locked away for their own safety and everyone elses.
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OMFG!

Poch is no good because he hasn't won anything. Therefore, he couldn't manage Arsenal, he couldn't challenge for a title (even though he did with a cheaper team). Because, of fucking course, we have a real challenger here. Don't we? Koeman the same. Hasn't won, hasn't challenged, he can't manage Arsenal.

BUT - top manager wouldn't come here because they'll go to the chavs and the gypos and Utd, because those clubs have a different business model and it's totally unreasonable for Arsenal to be expected to compete with them. EVEN THOUGH LEICESTER DID!

BUT, from time to time, teams like Leicester pop up. BUT ARSENAL DON'T FUCKING POP UP - DO THEY?

WTF?

You can't argue against this shit. It goes round and round, eating itself. All you can do when faced with a Wengerite is stare blankly, maybe make gurgling noises. It's impossible.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp is shite because, okay, he regularly beats his rivals BUT... he hasn't won a title.

The facht is - every manager other than Wenger is shit. So we already have the best manager and there's no point replacing him.

Indeed, isn't this what the club forced Gazidis to say?

If I agree with these cunts will they go away
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaking News: Lacazette asked Wenger not to play him last Sunday because the PL is too tough for him.

Well, that clears that up. All those interviews with Lacazette where he said he couldn't wait to play - all lies.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This podcast is great. Clearing up so much for me. Bellerin played on the left because Wenger has 1,000 games experience.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If I was Wenger I wouldn't do what he's doing so I wouldn't be in that situation.

But if you're responsible for a mess like this then you have a duty to face up to those concerned, as anyone would if they made an error at work.

If he believes in his methods so much then he should be brave enough to face people and reply to their questions/opinions, you don't get paid that kind of money a year ti hide behind the coat tails of the club, indeed if he cared at all about the fans he would, the club would have called a meeting many moons ago.

Filtering questions because you can't take the heat is cowardly IMO.
    I could be the manager and doing a fantastic job and wouldn't go on Arsenal fan TV

Whilst I think it's a good forum for fans to vent, it should be beneath a manager to appear on such things

Plus all managers have soft ball questions thrown at them in the main. Was Mourinho really put up under direct media scrutiny and questioning for his childish attitude at Chelsea in the autumn of 2015?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp is shite because, okay, he regularly beats his rivals BUT... he hasn't won a title.

The facht is - every manager other than Wenger is shit. So we already have the best manager and there's no point replacing him.

Indeed, isn't this what the club forced Gazidis to say?

If I agree with these cunts will they go away
    Brainwashed by Wenger, you'd think the club never existed before Wenger arrived.

Not being funny but he won 3 leagues and 7 FA Cups (3 in a time where it's been 2nd tier) and yes we played some amazing football and had some great players but he's been here for 20 years, on that basis it's not a great return. For 7 years it was great, for 13 it's been rubbish, that's 2/3 of his career here. In all that time not even a European trophy either. He's never reproduced those early days either, so you could question whether his success was in big part down to the leadership he inherited and his knowledge of the French market and nutrition back then.

Great managers remain great for most of their career, not for a fraction of it.