Page 240 of 263 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    There is an interview for Liverpool where he talks up Jurgen Klopp and especially goes out of his way to mention the personal relationship he cultivates with his players. Possibly reading between the lines but seems like a dig at Wenger. Le Grove posted the video yesterday.

Wenger is very aloof an individual so it's not that surprising
    That’s a surprise. Ox signed for us when he was 16. You would have thought Wenger would have had a close relationship with him. I guess it’s different for all players. I still remember Wenger telling a story of Theo having to knock on his door to find out why he wasn’t getting picked for games when constantly being placed on the bench. This is early in Theo’s career. I would have assumed back then that Wenger was a ‘father figure’ a mentor and coaching Theo every step of the way but that statement painted a picture of a more distant relationship.

Is he soft on discipline or too distant from his players to actually have control? Will check the Le Grove article. A lot of strange shit is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do you actually disagree with what he's saying?
    Wenger is right. But did this not cross his mind when he said we were in ideal situation and when he said it may cost us more to keep Sanchez?

It would help if more people challenged his opinion and thought about what he’s saying instead of just agreeing with it blindly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The point is that everything is a deflection. It's not my fault I can't get my shit together and make a decision. It's the transfer window that conspires against me
    OK, but is what he's saying wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you add context, yes I disagree, he talks about all this and does the opposite so in my view it's nonsense.

I don't think the January window should be scrapped at all personally, preferred it when you could sign a player any time you like like the old days.

I wouldn't want to have just one transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, but is what he's saying wrong?
    For a start if you keep players under contract it's a non issue, problem is we made a mess of it and didn't. A player will only want to move realistically if he's not happy or he has a better offer, if you keep your players happy and contracted it's really not a problem.

Most players don't move in the middle of the season anyway, January is usually quiet, I've not seen many players being unsettled by the window.

As usual the guy makes a mountain out of a molehill, always playing the victim when much of this is self inflicted (the contract situations)
    Last edited by Özim; 07-09-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Wenger is right. But did this not cross his mind when he said we were in ideal situation and when he said it may cost us more to keep Sanchez?

It would help if more people challenged his opinion and thought about what he’s saying instead of just agreeing with it blindly.
    The "ideal situation" comments were clearly bullshit, I think with this he has more of a point.
    I don't think anyone agrees with his comments blindly - no-one on here - but they do seem to disagree with his comments blindly, even if they actually agree with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    When you add context, yes I disagree, he talks about all this and does the opposite so in my view it's nonsense.

I don't think the January window should be scrapped at all personally, preferred it when you could sign a player any time you like like the old days.

I wouldn't want to have just one transfer window.
    I think there's a case that there's either a transfer window in the close season and then once the season is going the squad is settled, or a free for all like the old days.
    Don't have an objection to either really and I don't have a huge problem with the current system but it is a bit random we have a mid-season transfer window when we don't have a mid-season break.
    I don't care that much but Wenger's opinion about this isn't in the "ideal situation" category.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The "ideal situation" comments were clearly bullshit, I think with this he has more of a point.
    I don't think anyone agrees with his comments blindly - no-one on here - but they do seem to disagree with his comments blindly, even if they actually agree with them.
    I think the whole transfer window thing is bollocks and contributes to inflated prices. If a player doesn't want to be at a club he doesn't want to be. I think we were better off when you could within reason make any signing you liked between June and March the following year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people see through the bullshit. If he had command of his team and affairs, the January window wouldn’t be a problem. If he had planned for the Summer window and not waited until deadline day, he wouldn’t have to worry about players not being focussed.

This is a guy that talks as if leaving negotiations down to the last minute of the window is a poker strategy! He puts himself in these positions and then complains about the structure. He wouldn’t even have to worry about this stuff if he’d just delegate and get Director of Football in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. 100%

If he was saying it because he wants the transfer window reformed for the good of the game then fine. No objection.

But he's saying it because he's a complete fuck-up in the transfer window and doesn't want to handle the pressures that every other manager faces. So his intentions are devious, as usual.

If we were the only club who had to suffer this then he'd have cause for complaint. But we aren't. It may be a shitty playing field but everyone is required to play on it. Including him. So he should shut up and get on with it.

OF COURSE ALEXIS WILL BE LOOKING TO JANUARY FFS!

What does Wenger expect? He refused to meet the player's demands, he let the situation drag on and then he agreed to sell the player after stating that wouldn't happen. So he made his own bed and then shit in it. Tough luck.

He also refused to get the chequebook out and buy the players we need to signal to the squad and the fans we have an ounce of ambition. His fake bullshit bid for Lemar at the last minute isn't a sign of ambition, it's another indicator of deceit and and a piece in another fucked up transfer window. I mean, what a farce! The whole summer chasing a player he could have had for 30 million less than the final desperate bid? This Wenger guy is clueless. We know it, he knows it.

So what do clueless people prefer when faced with a challenge? They prefer the challenge to go away. And that's all he's doing here. Pretending he's fighting for the game but in reality trying to avoid the challenges.

Same as a politician who says he wants to help the poor or save the planet. Worthy goals, no doubt. Impossible to disagree with. Unless they are being proposed by a devious cunt who is surfing altruism with an ulterior motive.

I'll wait until somebody with credibility suggests these changes and then I'll get behind them.
    Für eure Sicherheit