Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK, but is what he's saying wrong?
    ??????

Seriously?

Is this how it works? Are you really incapable of seeing through bullshit like this? Judge people by their actions, not their words. And when their words match their actions then you have an honest man. Is that Wenger? No.

So the question becomes, WHY is Wenger saying this? Whatever it is he's saying, because anyone can pick out a bunch of words and string them together into any kind of Kumbaya sentiment, what are his intentions? Ten years on - what do you think his intentions are?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    There is an interview for Liverpool where he talks up Jurgen Klopp and especially goes out of his way to mention the personal relationship he cultivates with his players. Possibly reading between the lines but seems like a dig at Wenger. Le Grove posted the video yesterday.

Wenger is very aloof an individual so it's not that surprising
    Not surprised by that at all. There are loads of examples, like the Theo one that Delusions mentioned. You get players like Perez and Joel Campbell who have no idea why they aren't playing or why a CM is playing on the wing instead of them. Wenger doesn't bother to talk to them.

Why can't he have a brief chat with them to explain what they're doing wrong? Even if a player is playing well you would expect the manager to be giving them advice on how to improve. Baffling man management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    When you add context, yes I disagree, he talks about all this and does the opposite so in my view it's nonsense.

I don't think the January window should be scrapped at all personally, preferred it when you could sign a player any time you like like the old days.

I wouldn't want to have just one transfer window.
    Yeah. Odd, isn't it? We have all the Euro laws in connection with Bosman that freed the "slaves", but they are only free at certain times of the year. A contract is a contract. Where's the law that states job offers can't be made all year around?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So the question becomes, WHY is Wenger saying this?
    That is one question.
    The other question is "does he have a point?". And that could lead to a potentially interesting debate, one you immediately shut down by your default position of violently shouting down anything he says or does, even if at some level you agree with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That is one question.
    The other question is "does he have a point?". And that could lead to a potentially interesting debate, one you immediately shut down by your default position of violently shouting down anything he says or does, even if at some level you agree with it.
    You used ONE sentence from my TWO responses and then claimed I violently shouted him down.

Well done.

Yes, Wenger is correct as always. The fans are against him, the media is against him, the rules of the game are against him, the big money clubs are against him, the economy is against him. Well done to him too for pointing all this out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah. Odd, isn't it? We have all the Euro laws in connection with Bosman that freed the "slaves", but they are only free at certain times of the year. A contract is a contract. Where's the law that states job offers can't be made all year around?
    Yes I agree it is odd, like I said being able to buy players whenever you want makes more sense to me, would probably bring prices down a bit as well as clubs wouldn't have a limited time to get all players they need (knowing us we'd probably not sign anyone until December probably Christmas Eve!).

Got no problem with the window though, like I said not many clubs buy then anyway and it doesn't disrupt much. Of course it's an issue for us with the way we handled contract but it's entirely self inflicted, we should have planned and taken appropriate actions. I'd have sold Sanchez last summer for big money if he wasn't willing to sign then and then at least replaced him with someone to notch.

A player is entitled to leave if he wants but I wouldn't let them run down their contracts I'd sell them and replace them when they still have a high market value as most clubs do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one that got away :sigh: ah well let's add him to the "almost signed" team, it's a great team, apparently only 2% away from domination!

Let's be honest if we really wanted last year we would have got him, he was unknown, on low money and we were in the CL, the reason we didn't is because we weren't seriously in for him, this is typical AW nonsense. There's actually no need to even say something like this, it serves no purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    There is an interview for Liverpool where he talks up Jurgen Klopp and especially goes out of his way to mention the personal relationship he cultivates with his players. Possibly reading between the lines but seems like a dig at Wenger. Le Grove posted the video yesterday.

Wenger is very aloof an individual so it's not that surprising
    I can see that to be honest, Klopp looks like the kind of manager players would love to play under, Charismatic, open, honest and entertaining, to me he just seems a normal guy trying to enjoy himself managing, must be refreshing for Ox, he probably instills belief and inspires players too.

Can't see what Wenger brings these days, repetitive tactics, teamtalks (if there are any) and basically everything must be tiresome for those playing under him. What you want is a manager with a vision and who believes success is round the corner and is a genuine possibility, not a guy who hails 4th plays as a major success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing about Wenger is, considering everything that's happened you'd think he'd keep his head down concentrate on the task ahead and not get talk about things that just make him look bitter, things that suit his agenda, he's his own worst enemy, never knows when to not say something or not engage with something, he's always very vocal about the great things about the team and the bad things about football and how it hinders success.

Guess what, other clubs manage fine so why is it a problem for him?