Page 249 of 263 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Not that fickle. I highly doubt clubs will back off making a bid for someone like Alexis that will be available on a free transfer. He's free to speak to whoever he wants when he has less than 6 months on his contract. Memories aren't that short. Plus, it's a World Cup year. If Chile qualify, he has another chance to show his worth. We're at a disadvantage and just have to hope he gives his all for every game he plays.
    I mean in his own interests not in the interests of the clubs chasing.....it would be better if he was playing out on of his world but I don't suppose that will be motivation enough after we have seemingly beaten the spirit out of him and exasperated him with the City move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I actually thought you were OTT with what you suggested we should be offering for Lemar....hen we go and offer 92 ,Illinois for him on the last day! If you think he's worth that just offer more than you did sooner FFS!
    Senseless. Lack of planning. Lack of execution. Leading to blind panic. Typical transfer window for us really. Kid will go for at least 80 mill in the summer provided his season doesn't collapse. Which it won't because he's pure class. 50 mill, even 60, will look like a steal in the current market. Another one we can stick on the almost list.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I mean in his own interests not in the interests of the clubs chasing.....it would be better if he was playing out on of his world but I don't suppose that will be motivation enough after we have seemingly beaten the spirit out of him and exasperated him with the City move.
    But does he need to play out of skin to attract attention? I don't think he does. Ozil on the other hand? I dunno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It does yes, but on the evidence so far they are improving and looking like an excellent team, they do need to sort out the defence.
    You can say that again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ivan Gazidis is expected to take a more direct role in Arsenal’s transfer negotiations now that Dick Law, the club’s negotiator, is leaving – but it seems inevitable Arsenal will eventually appoint a Director of Football.

The Arsenal chief executive, who bore the brunt of criticism for what was viewed a chaotic and unsatisfactory transfer window, has moved his office to the London Colney training ground and is working there regularly for the first time since he joined the club in 2008, a further sign of the transition promised as the Arsene Wenger years draw to an end.

With Wenger’s time at the club likely to be in its final years the club appears to be moving to a model less dominated by the manager – though it may not be fully implemented until Wenger leaves.
    How can you have a transition if nothing changes until Wenger leaves?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger reports that contracts talks with Ozil have "slowed" but are still in progress. I'm beginning to think Ozil may go on a free at the end of the season.

Meanwhile Wenger reports Wilshere is a fighter and will never give up. Good news.

You can see what's going to happen, can't you?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger reports that contracts talks with Ozil have "slowed" but are still in progress. I'm beginning to think Ozil may go on a free at the end of the season.

Meanwhile Wenger reports Wilshere is a fighter and will never give up. Good news.

both are left footed though. so like for like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

No idea how fans are booing Sanchez for not signing a new deal but nothing for Ozil. Ridiculous.

Just wait when he ends up at Man Utd.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/44608...enal-contract/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    No idea how fans are booing Sanchez for not signing a new deal but nothing for Ozil. Ridiculous.
    Why do you hate Ozil so much?!

And it's obvious why. Sanchez is the one who was agitating more vocally to leave, or that's how the media presented it.