Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And plausible Man Utd would want him?

The fact there are two rumours for two different clubs in two days in a row suggest to me the papers are talking bollocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

So yeah Ozil's desperate to join Man United.

Fuck him and anyone who still supports him tbh. Stick him in the reserves till the end of the season - the Chelsea game demonstrated what I long suspected - that we don't really need him and we play better without the team having to bend to his individual needs.

Let that self-entitled wanker fear for his starting berth at the World Cup in the summer.
    Deli Alli is going there too. And they are also spending 155 mill on Dybala. That's a lot of activity outside the transfer window. The chav game demonstrated we can pub a result against a title contender and if that's the limit of our ambitions then I agree, we already have a squad full of journeymen and don't need Ozil or quality signings. It's hard to underestimate the damage that will be done next summer when our two best players walk out the door, not just in terms of our options on the pitch but also our ability to attract quality in the transfer window. When you see people jumping off a ship you don't buy a ticket.

It'll be interesting to see if Ramsey and Welbeck are eager to sign their contracts or prefer to take a wait and see approach. I'm sure they'll be subject to all the usual promises - big signings just around the corner, a big push for the title and the CL. But Wenger has already said he's focused on his coveted Top 4 Trophy, I think everybody knows the ambitions of this club by now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

So yeah Ozil's desperate to join Man United.

Fuck him and anyone who still supports him tbh. Stick him in the reserves till the end of the season - the Chelsea game demonstrated what I long suspected - that we don't really need him and we play better without the team having to bend to his individual needs.

Let that self-entitled wanker fear for his starting berth at the World Cup in the summer.
    He's obviously not desperate to stay and probably does want to leave but so did Mustafi, Bellerin, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Ospina and Wilshere. Had better clubs been in for Giroud like Manure, PSG Bayern etc etc, perhaps he might have departed already too.

I've seen a lot of people lauding Giroud for being loyal and staying to fight for his place. Maybe he just doesn't fancy playing for Everton or Marseille, two inferior teams for less money and even at Everton there's no 100% guarantee of starting.

Ozil in light of the Chelsea game is a matter of perspective. One view is that with him we would never have found what we needed to avoid losing there.......... The other is that were he to have played a part, perhaps he would have unlocked the door for the winner.

I'm not a hipster Ozil fanboy per se but I certainly think the general absence of preparation, structure and a plan is more significant in our overall failures against the big clubs than the fact we have Mesut Ozil.

No idea if he actually wants to go to Manure, but it wouldn't surprise me. He's not English or an Arsenal fan and he's at the end of his contract.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 24-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who comes, who goes, who stays?

Who cares until Wenger goes?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if that rumour's true (it sounds like tabloid BS), can we afford to bench Ozil? We might be a bit more robust defensively but at the other end I don't think we have enough creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The odds are he’s had interest from plenty of clubs behind the scenes anyway. No one cares about Ozil for 50m but Ozil on a free however is an asset to anyone, even if he is a fair weather.

I’m not bothered what he does anymore and I feel like that about Alexis too. If they don’t want to be here then fuck off - I know the club is to blame but I’m not supporting players who aren’t interested and so obviously want to leave.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 24-09-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    And plausible Man Utd would want him?

The fact there are two rumours for two different clubs in two days in a row suggest to me the papers are talking bollocks.
    You don't think it's possible? It would be naive to assume Ozil and Mourinho have no contact or admire each other from afar whilst in England.

I look at that Man Utd team and could definitely see a staring place for Ozil. Mourinho can find a place for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You don't think it's possible? It would be naive to assume Ozil and Mourinho have no contact or admire each other from afar whilst in England.

I look at that Man Utd team and could definitely see a staring place for Ozil. Mourinho can find a place for him.
    I don't think it's possible, not with what he wants now.

If it is naive, it doesn't really have much consequence for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I don't think it's possible, not with what he wants now.

If it is naive, it doesn't really have much consequence for me.
    What do you mean, with what he wants now?

It's a free transfer and to a manager who admires his talent and has played with him before. It doesn't make much sense as to why it can't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    What do you mean, with what he wants now?

It's a free transfer and to a manager who admires his talent and has played with him before. It doesn't make much sense as to why it can't happen.
    Clearly Mourinho is working his players his hard to be getting back in position all game long, particularly with Mata and Rashford. I don't think Ozil fits in to that ethos and in truth I think the supporters would be dead against it too.