Page 253 of 263 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Clearly Mourinho is working his players his hard to be getting back in position all game long, particularly with Mata and Rashford. I don't think Ozil fits in to that ethos and in truth I think the supporters would be dead against it too.
    Mourninho has always worked his players hard to defend. If he could get something out of Ozil at Madrid, I don't doubt he'd be able to get something out of him at Man Utd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Who comes, who goes, who stays?

Who cares until Wenger goes?
    This is the reality. It really is a dreadful thing that nothing much matters at this club except Arsene Wenger. Nobody is bigger than the club, indeed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Deli Alli is going there too. And they are also spending 155 mill on Dybala. That's a lot of activity outside the transfer window. The chav game demonstrated we can pub a result against a title contender and if that's the limit of our ambitions then I agree, we already have a squad full of journeymen and don't need Ozil or quality signings. It's hard to underestimate the damage that will be done next summer when our two best players walk out the door, not just in terms of our options on the pitch but also our ability to attract quality in the transfer window. When you see people jumping off a ship you don't buy a ticket.
    Give it a rest NQ.

We constantly admonish our team for playing like fucking morons at tough away grounds and yet you're going to take away from last Sunday's result? Do you think the likes of Real Madrid or Bayern would go to Stamford Bridge and try and play open & expansive football to thrash them by several goals? No they'd have respect for their opponent and at best try and nick a goal or two for a narrow victory or failing that, be satisfied with a 0 - 0 draw ...... essentially what we did.

Also if he's one of the reasons why the ship's sinking in the first place (we all know who the number one culprit is) then he's got no one else to look at but himself. Ozil's the definition of a fairweather player - only turns up when he wants to & the first to down tools when things go wrong .... though he has a good PR team to post messages on instragram/twitter so that makes it all better. Give me a player with 90% of the talent Ozil has but twice the work ethic & motivation tbh.

I say all this as a guy who actually bought an Arsenal jersey with Ozil's name on the back when he first joined so this is not out of personal spite or a longstanding grudge.

I do agree that losing both him and Alexis is going to kill our reputation and status, however this is why I personally feel that we should have sold him two seasons ago when it seemed clear that both him and Alexis weren't going to commit that summer. He's far more easily replaceable than Alexis tbh - we could have got in a Draxler or an alternative back when our stock was higher ...... however as we all know, we're run by a bunch of fucking morons with no long term strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He's obviously not desperate to stay and probably does want to leave but so did Mustafi, Bellerin, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Ospina and Wilshere. Had better clubs been in for Giroud like Manure, PSG Bayern etc etc, perhaps he might have departed already too.
    The reason I have a particular dislike of Ozil compared to them is Ozil given his talent, his status and also his extortionate demands (both salary & role) ... he should be doing a lot better than he has for us.

The others aside of Alexis aren't going to do better than us and as I've said before I don't have a problem with Alexis because aside from that Liverpool horror game, he's always consistently given us 100% on the pitch and strived every sinew in order to win games for us .... I don't honestly begrudge him wanting to seek better pastures tbh.

Ozil hasn't. As said above he's been the definition of fairweather.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Mourninho has always worked his players hard to defend. If he could get something out of Ozil at Madrid, I don't doubt he'd be able to get something out of him at Man Utd.
    Knowing how petty & narcissistic he is and combining that with his weird voyeurism for Wenger, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho gets Ozil purely for the sole purpose of trying to show up Wenger by getting better performances out of him.

The similarities have already been made but it's like how Trump loves doing things that Obama couldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We constantly admonish our team for playing like fucking morons at tough away grounds and yet you're going to take away from last Sunday's result? Do you think the likes of Real Madrid or Bayern would go to Stamford Bridge and try and play open & expansive football to thrash them by several goals? No they'd have respect for their opponent and at best try and nick a goal or two for a narrow victory or failing that, be satisfied with a 0 - 0 draw ...... essentially what we did.
    I'm taking nothing away from that performance because I gave nothing in the first place. I refuse to give credit for a team that finally decides to do the absolute basics. Leaving aside the probability it's one of the few high points of our coming season, it was rapidly followed up with a game so inept it stunned the senses. Nothing has changed here. I suppose being an Arsenal fan has become an exercise in picking out the half digested lumps from a shit heap to ward off starvation. Yes, agreed,. This is down to one man. The longer he stays, the more talent will walk out the door. And good luck with your hopes for Wenger getting the chequebook out to sign 90% Ozils with 100% commitment. When did we last go head to head with serious clubs for the top talent? In the real world I mean, not in Wenger's "almost signed" fantasy land. When we lose Ozil and Alexis, they won't be replaced. The quality of the side will fall further and the job for the next manager will get bigger. If there ever is a next manager.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Knowing how petty & narcissistic he is and combining that with his weird voyeurism for Wenger, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho gets Ozil purely for the sole purpose of trying to show up Wenger by getting better performances out of him.

The similarities have already been made but it's like how Trump loves doing things that Obama couldn't.
    The thought crossed my mind. I get the argument that top clubs may not want him because of his form with Arsenal but Mourinho has worked with Ozi, knows he's a 'unique' player and knows he needs motivating. He doesn't rate Wenger as a manager as it is so I wouldn't be surpised if he's thinking Wenger has no idea how to use such a player.

Mourinho is one of the few managers that would probably give him the benefit of the doubt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Mourinho has rather unpleasant obsession with Wenger, I think he hates the fact that Wenger won't get in line with the rest to kiss his arse which is one of the things I like about Wenger.

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to see Ozil opt to go to man united he knows Mourinho rates him highly as a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mourinho is a cunt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Mourinho has rather unpleasant obsession with Wenger, I think he hates the fact that Wenger won't get in line with the rest to kiss his arse which is one of the things I like about Wenger.

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to see Ozil opt to go to man united he knows Mourinho rates him highly as a player.
    Wenger doesn't help himself. When it comes to Mourinho and transfers, he always has something to say. Still can't work out why he had to speak on the Mata transfer. That's where the whole 'voyeur' spat came from because Wenger would constantly speak about Chelsea's transfer policy. Stuff that had zero to do with him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Wenger doesn't help himself. When it comes to Mourinho and transfers, he always has something to say. Still can't work out why he had to speak on the Mata transfer. That's where the whole 'voyeur' spat came from because Wenger would constantly speak about Chelsea's transfer policy. Stuff that had zero to do with him.
    Usually he's asked the question in interviews. The Mata one he definitely was because we'd shown interest in him ourselves back in 2011

There's no excuse for Mourinhos behaviour, it's that of a narcassistic bully