Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Mourinho is a cunt.
    I called him just that the other day!

Spooky.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Who comes, who goes, who stays?

Who cares until Wenger goes?
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You don't think it's possible? It would be naive to assume Ozil and Mourinho have no contact or admire each other from afar whilst in England.

I look at that Man Utd team and could definitely see a staring place for Ozil. Mourinho can find a place for him.
    I think it's 100% plausible and I think he'll go there. Ozil better get use to working hard for his team because despite Mourinho being an utter cunt of a man he won't put up with Ozil's antics at Man Utd, honestly...he would have been sold already if he put in performances like he has done here at Man Utd.

I have given up caring about Ozil, if he goes which he will then fine, I don't care where he goes either because all of these players jumping ship say as much about Wenger as they do about the ambition of Arsenal football club, they both go hand in hand.
    Last edited by selassie; 25-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Whatever you feel about Mourinho is your opinion and not what I'm picking out. It's this idea that Wenger is being picked on and it's Mourinho that's obsessed with Wenger is what I disagree with.

Football aside, I can’t stand anyone with that sort of character. If you can't handle the consequences, keep your mouth shut. Wenger just needs to mind his own business if he can't handle the response. It comes back to throwing rocks and then hiding your hands.
    I think he is obsessed with Wenger he has mentioned him unprompted more than once. He does have a personal issue with Wenger because as I say Wenger hasn't been prepared to kiss his backside. And like with all narcassistic individuals they crave complimentary things said about them and react with great vitriol to anything perceived as criticism.

Of course I appreciate if you don't like it, don't give it. But you don't respond to soneone throwing stones by lobbing a grenade unless you're psychotic

I think if people can't stand criticism without behaving like a cunt than I'd say it's their problem not the problem of the person who has criticised them.

There was absolutely no need to react to the fear of failure comment the way he did.

Telling him to mind his own business and concentrate on his own problems is one thing, this is well above and beyond that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Knowing how petty & narcissistic he is and combining that with his weird voyeurism for Wenger, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho gets Ozil purely for the sole purpose of trying to show up Wenger by getting better performances out of him.

The similarities have already been made but it's like how Trump loves doing things that Obama couldn't.
    Yep, part of me thinks this too. The fact that Ozil is on a freebie will have Mourinho rubbing his hands and licking his lips in glee.

I do think there is a place for Ozil at United though, they will fit him in somewhere.

Wenger has handled the Ozil and Sanchez contract situation so poorly, all of this should have been sorted out last season, "you don't sign then you are sold" should have been the message to both of them.

The whole thing is one big mess and Wenger has his hands all over it, he goes on about finances and all that kind of stuff yet is about to lose just under 80million pounds worth of investment for nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil is going to Bayern, imo.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree Delusions - Mourinho's just a plain cunt. Note that no other manager seems to have to bear the same longstanding grudge against Wenger to the extent of constantly making unprovoked childish attacks against him. Most realise that often journos ask loaded questions in conferences and occasionally someone can say something that you may not like but given Wenger's personality, it's not out of any ulterior or malicious motives so most just ignore it.

It all likely comes to the fact that he's simply envious of the respect and admiration Wenger has in the global footballing community. He's talked about as a guy who revolutionised English football and built a dynasty at a club (hence why Mourinho always goes on about how Wenger should be fired) ..... whereas any mention of Mourinho's success is usually attached with a comment about his corrosive personality and the downfalls of that.

Again with the Trump comparison (because they are so similar!) but it's like how wound up Trump gets when Obama's achievements are mentioned .... "But I did this which ais so much better"

I'm as exasperated by Wenger as much as the next Arsenal fan but he's done nothing to warrant the level of abuse from Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, part of me thinks this too. The fact that Ozil is on a freebie will have Mourinho rubbing his hands and licking his lips in glee.

I do think there is a place for Ozil at United though, they will fit him in somewhere.

Wenger has handled the Ozil and Sanchez contract situation so poorly, all of this should have been sorted out last season, "you don't sign then you are sold" should have been the message to both of them.

The whole thing is one big mess and Wenger has his hands all over it, he goes on about finances and all that kind of stuff yet is about to lose just under 80million pounds worth of investment for nothing!
    I would have given Alexis a lot more leeway because you simply can't replace a player like that (there are only a handful of them in the world) but Ozil should have been shown the door two summers ago when he didn't sign a new contract.

It also would have set a precedent & example to other wantaways that the club wouldn't tolerate perpetual contract stalling - instead now the complete opposite is happening - other players have seen the example that Ozil & Alexis have set are replicating it themselves. That's how any other top club would have operated .... Matic was sold by Chelsea this window because he had two years left and refused to commit to a new contract ..... that level of ruthlessness is needed.

The problem as we all know is born from Wenger getting too emotionally attached to the players, viewing them as his "sons" instead of what most of them really are: employees who are predominantly motivated by their own personal goals.

Though tbh I blame the fans somewhat as well .... granted it's slightly understandable in the Ozil case as he was our first proper "big name" signing but we make cult heroes out of some of these guys wayyyy too easily ..... giving them extra leverage in negotiations and making it harder for the club to get rid of them if need be (assuming that they wanted to). Heck I saw fans in the Koln game still singing the Ozil song despite his current contractual situation ...... fucking madness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I think he is obsessed with Wenger he has mentioned him unprompted more than once. He does have a personal issue with Wenger because as I say Wenger hasn't been prepared to kiss his backside. And like with all narcassistic individuals they crave complimentary things said about them and react with great vitriol to anything perceived as criticism.

Of course I appreciate if you don't like it, don't give it. But you don't respond to soneone throwing stones by lobbing a grenade unless you're psychotic

I think if people can't stand criticism without behaving like a cunt than I'd say it's their problem not the problem of the person who has criticised them.

There was absolutely no need to react to the fear of failure comment the way he did.

Telling him to mind his own business and concentrate on his own problems is one thing, this is well above and beyond that.
    Google how the 'voyeur' comment started and the history between Wenger and Jose.

I’ve always had a problem with Wenger’s press conferences when he makes excuses for his record. The constant whining about teams parking the bus, ‘financial doping’ arguments, foreign owners, etc. Most people feel the same way. With that in mind, I’m not going to see him as the victim or agree with you on Mourhino being obsessed with Wenger when I’ve seen Wenger constantly present these sort of arguments which were jabs directed at Chelsea and Mourinho who were champions at the time. It’s nothing to do with Mourinho not wanting to kiss ass. I believe Wenger is a petty man that holds a grudge and can go too far but it’s not built up from nothing.

Again, Google the history.
    Throw insults then be prepared for the consequence. Who says you have to be reasonable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

I would have given Alexis a lot more leeway because you simply can't replace a player like that (there are only a handful of them in the world) but Ozil should have been shown the door two summers ago when he didn't sign a new contract.

It also would have set a precedent & example to other wantaways that the club wouldn't tolerate perpetual contract stalling - instead now the complete opposite is happening - other players have seen the example that Ozil & Alexis have set are replicating it themselves. That's how any other top club would have operated .... Matic was sold by Chelsea this window because he had two years left and refused to commit to a new contract ..... that level of ruthlessness is needed.

The problem as we all know is born from Wenger getting too emotionally attached to the players, viewing them as his "sons" instead of what most of them really are: employees who are predominantly motivated by their own personal goals.

Though tbh I blame the fans somewhat as well .... granted it's slightly understandable in the Ozil case as he was our first proper "big name" signing but we make cult heroes out of some of these guys wayyyy too easily ..... giving them extra leverage in negotiations and making it harder for the club to get rid of them if need be (assuming that they wanted to). Heck I saw fans in the Koln game still singing the Ozil song despite his current contractual situation ...... fucking madness.
    I agree with a lot of this, I am not so sure I agree with the point of giving Alexis more leeway, we have given both of them leeway and look where we are now. I read somewhere that Ozil hasn't sat down to renegotiate since January last year when the talks broke down.

Last season was an abomination, we had the Wenger "will he won't he" saga that dragged on when nobody apart from Kroenke actually wanted him to sign, and we made little to no progress on talks with Ozil and Sanchez.

What you said regarding us needing to implement a policy to stop perpetual contract stalling is something I totally agree with. Like you stated Chelsea did it, they were ruthless with Matic and we should have been the same with Ozil and Sanchez and any other contract stallers, we did it with Ox...well kind of....why not the others?

Everything we do is half baked...we have hired some new contract negotiating guy who will no doubt take the flak for the next set of perpetual contract stallers.
    Last edited by selassie; 25-09-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    Ozil is going to Bayern, imo.
    Maybe. I think he'll have the pick of a fair few clubs. Whilst his stock isn't that high right now Ozil on a free is attractive to a lot of top clubs IMO.