User Tag List

Page 260 of 263 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil has less around him making use of his qualities than those before him did and so his absence will be less felt. This team without him and Sanchez is a horrible prospect....make no mistake. Forget the Chelsea game. That wouldn't keep up for a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Ozil has less around him making use of his qualities than those before him did and so his absence will be less felt. This team without him and Sanchez is a horrible prospect....make no mistake. Forget the Chelsea game. That wouldn't keep up for a season.
    Van Persie had far less to work with. In his best seasons he was getting assists from Song and Walcott.

I really disagree with Ozil not having enough to work with. Cesc had to play games with Denilson sitting behind him as our DM! Toure and Gallas behind in defence or maybe Senderos and Djourou along with Almunia in goal.

Reagrdless of how bad the team is, nothing has me questioning Sanchez's ability as a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is backwards thinking surely? We won't "miss" a player as much if he goes? We should be asking who else we need to add in order to get the best team possible on the pitch and competing.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Van Persie had far less to work with. In his best seasons he was getting assists from Song and Walcott.

I really disagree with Ozil not having enough to work with. Cesc had to play games with Denilson sitting behind him as our DM! Toure and Gallas behind in defence or maybe Senderos and Djourou along with Almunia in goal.

Reagrdless of how bad the team is, nothing has me questioning Sanchez's ability as a player.
    We produced better football with a squad of players most of us would deem inferior to what we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    This is backwards thinking surely? We won't "miss" a player as much if he goes? We should be asking who else we need to add in order to get the best team possible on the pitch and competing.
    That is the reality yes. I'm not saying we should get rid! But clearly he wants out and I don't totally blame him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

That's just it.....Song and Walcott were excellent assist providers in that season.

Cesc had Adebayor at his best and first came into it when we were still a great side. Ozil has been useful when other quality players have been there to capitalise like Sanchez but running around with the immobility of Giroud and blunt instrument of Welbeck and whoever else has not flatttered his talents to its utmost best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just it.....Song and Walcott were excellent assist providers in that season.

Cesc had Adebayor at his best and first came into it when we were still a great side. Ozil has been useful when other quality players have been there to capitalise like Sanchez but running around with the immobility of Giroud and blunt instrument of Welbeck and whoever else has not flatttered his talents to its utmost best.
    Ozil's best season was when Giroud was up front. Whether it be Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck or even Lacazette this season, we've never seen it make a remarkable difference on his game. We've had games where it's Sanchez, Welbeck, Ox, Walcott or Iwobi and that makes no difference to Ozil's game. Not to mention Ramsey constantly bombing forwards to get on the end of a pass.

Sanchez doesn't have that problem in terms of passing and creating chances. Last season he was one assist away from equaling Ozil's record here at Arsenal to go along with the 30 goals he scored.

Adebayor was just as wasteful as Welbeck but we created more clear cut chances for Ade. It's not as if Ozil has nobody to work with at all. Theo scored 19 last season, Sanchez is a goal scorer, Giroud has probably benefited more from an Ozil pass compared to the rest. Ramsey can score goals. There is no way this team man for man is worse than what we had to work with in the past. I haven't even mentioned Cazorla or takes the burden away from Ozil even having to worry about collecting the ball from defence and recycling possession from deep. He has a had a role where he can totally focus on being in the attacking third and creating chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the reality yes. I'm not saying we should get rid! But clearly he wants out and I don't totally blame him.
    Yes, I know. It's all quite bizarre. It's a reverse conversation where it has to be assumed the ideal position is the exact opposite of what is being advocated in order to account for the upside-down world of Kroenke and Wenger.

So yes, Ozil should go because we can't use his particular abilities to advantage in a squad that is in steady decline. And yes, we know it's bad for the top players to be heading out, but Wenger has made it all irrelevant anyway, first by allowing the "ideal" run down of contracts and, secondly, because he'll never build a coherent, stable and ambitious team anyway.

This is like a particularly complicated episode of that soap called Soap. Confused? You soon will be.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like we could cash in on Sanchez and/or Ozil in January. Too little too late, should have either signed them up or sold them in summer 2016, we'll get a pittance now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41592531
    Last edited by Özim; 12-10-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Sounds like we could cash in on Sanchez and/or Ozil in January. Too little too late, should have either signed them up or sold them in summer 2016, we'll get a pittance now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41592531
    You knew we'd strive to find the worst possible outcome, surely?
    Für eure Sicherheit