User Tag List

Page 3 of 263 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Again wrong, two signings won't be enough to challenge the big boys, we don't have enough quality, it's been demonstrated year after year. Take Sanchez out of the mix this year and we'd probably be in real trouble, we need more players who have the quality to win you matches.
    Who are the "big boys". Leicester? Spurs?
    We have plenty enough quality to be challenging them without any new signings. Bayern and Barca fine, we're nowhere near that quality, but let's address the immediate problem which is we're not competing in our own league.
    We don't need more than a couple of signings, and a new manager, to put that right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Liar, liar. Check your pants.
    You said we needed 2 signings. I think that was in January.
    I can't be bothered trying to find that post now but I pointed it out to you not long ago when you were suddenly going on about the squad needing an overhaul, which it doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Agreed, but with the right manager the squad as it is should be challenging. We only need a couple of top signings to push us on. The big issue right now is with the manager, not with the squad.
    You know I thought this at the start of the season but right now I find it hard to judge the performance level of a lot of our players. Not only do I question the quality, but I question the mentality of a lot of the group. It will take a real hard lined manager to implement a winning mentality into a lot of our players, we're in a big mess right now IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree about mentality but I think a change of manager can bring about a change of mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Exactly. How long has it taken him to switch to switch formation? But even when he does switch formation he plays the wrong combination of players or when he finally stumbled upon something that works, one injury to a key component sets us backwards. Over the past 4 or 5 seasons we've been heavily dependent on individual talent to get us over the line.
    I know, too little too late and as you rightly said I'm not even fully convinced this switch is the right way to go long term. It certainly won't be if he spends this summer buying the wrong type of player like he usually does!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the "big boys". Leicester? Spurs?
    We have plenty enough quality to be challenging them without any new signings. Bayern and Barca fine, we're nowhere near that quality, but let's address the immediate problem which is we're not competing in our own league.
    We don't need more than a couple of signings, and a new manager, to put that right.
    I agree. I look at Chelsea, Liverpool and Liverpool's squads and there aren't many players there that i feel really outclass us. It's just a case of those teams being well organised and well drilled. If Wenger had Spurs squad he wouldn't come close to 86 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree about mentality but I think a change of manager can bring about a change of mentality.
    Can but many of these players have been brought up with a losers mentailty, hard to change. Anyway I don't agree, this team isn't much cop for me, there's plenty that needs changing, the point is we're not just trying to win the league we're trying to build a team who can win the CL as well.

I'd personally change quite a lot, the style of play has to change to a pacier style as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I agree. I look at Chelsea, Liverpool and Liverpool's squads and there aren't many players there that i feel really outclass us. It's just a case of those teams being well organised and well drilled. If Wenger had Spurs squad he wouldn't come close to 86 points.
    Chelsea and the other big boys aren't going to stand still, they're going to go out there and sign top quality players to strengthen their position, two players definitely won't be enough, we'll get left behind like we have been in the past.

Knowing us we'll end up with dogshite 2nd rate players and watch the quality players move to other clubs, happens every season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Straight back into the routine without missing a beat

2% away

Ultimate wind up merchant. Has t be. Not even he can believe the same old shit year after year after year.
    Keep 90% of the team eh?

We can wave goodbye to Alexis.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Chelsea and the other big boys aren't going to stand still, they're going to go out there and sign top quality players to strengthen their position, two players definitely won't be enough, we'll get left behind like we have been in the past.

Knowing us we'll end up with dogshite 2nd rate players and watch the quality players move to other clubs, happens every season.
    We'll be left behind if we keep Wenger. We stand still if we keep him and blow our resources if he's allowed to spend more money. There are plenty of managers out there that can get a lot more out of this squad.