User Tag List

Page 4 of 263 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    We'll be left behind if we keep Wenger. We stand still if we keep him and blow our resources if he's allowed to spend more money. There are plenty of managers out there that can get a lot more out of this squad.
    I agree about Wenger but any new manager will make quite a few changes, he'll look to build his own team, hopefully with a new style of play, many of these players won't survive the cull and rightly so, they're not that good.
    Last edited by Özim; 22-05-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I agree about Wenger but any new manager will make quite a few changes, he'll look to build his own team, hopefully with a new style of play, many of these players won't survive the cull and rightly so, they're not that good.
    We really don't know until that happens. Over the past couple of seasons we've seen new managers arrive and they're pretty much having to work with what it already there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really don't know until that happens. Over the past couple of seasons we've seen new managers arrive and they're pretty much having to work with what it already there.
    Most managers bring in a few players before their 1st season and don't often achieve success then, the following season they then add a few more and as the team takes the shape they want they become more successful. If we change manager I'm pretty sure changes in the team will be widespread in the next few years, no manager wants to inherit someone elses team and keep it that way.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I actually think most of the players we have, a better manager could be getting more out of them

Aside from left back which is a real weakness we have a good defence in personnel terms.

Both Ramsey and Xhaka have shown in the last few games they have more ability than they've shown most of the season. I actually think that would be a good midfield partnership (although both too slow to be used game in, game out).

I actually think the team doesn't need absolute route and branch change. Just doesn't need Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Most managers bring in a few players before their 1st season and don't often achieve success then, the following season they then add a few more and as the team takes the shape they want they become more successful. If we change manager I'm pretty sure changes in the team will be widespread in the next few years, no manager wants to inherit someone elses team and keep it that way.
    That's just it. We're talking 2 or 3 major signings other a few summers and not a massive overhaul in one season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Balotelli? There's only one conceivable reason for bringing him in. He'd drive Wenger into a mental ward.
    that would have been fantastic to watch
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll be left behind if we keep Wenger. We stand still if we keep him and blow our resources if he's allowed to spend more money. There are plenty of managers out there that can get a lot more out of this squad.
    I agree, I don't actually think we will get back into top 4 until he is gone.

When the likes of Chelsea fell out of the top 4 they sacked their manager, they do not and will not accept failure, they are in it to win it. They put things right by strategically spending to resolve the issues in their team. When Conte was struggling at the start of the season after a couple of defeats against their rivals he changed formation and now they are champions, he wouldn't accept a sub-standard season, he made the necessary changes ASAP.

Levy at the Scum wasn't happy with his managers until they achieved regular top 4 finishes, he sacked manager after manager until he found Poch, he wasn't happy finishing outside of the Top 4.

Last season they got a taste of a title challenge and all their talk in the summer was of challenging for the title, they got laughed at but I know which team's position I'd rather be in right now. They are dissapointed they haven't won the title, let this sink in guys, the Spuds are dissappointed they didn't win the title.

Meanwhile at Arsenal we have Wenger telling everybody we had a good season because we surpassed our points tally of last season, it wasn't disastrous he said...we would have gone through against Bayern in CL he said if the 2 legs were over after 45 minutes. We only need two new players he said yesterday, the squad is fine, we have the quality. We play in difficult conditions he said, difficult conditions? You created this mess you stupid idiot...you created this hostile atmosphere by refusing to strengthen the team over various windows, by refusing to adapt, by refusing to listen to anyone and creating a culture at the club where you rule the roost and are surrounded by puppets, by people that are not allowed a voice.

Wenger makes me sick, I actually despise him.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Mbappe's postman
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everton, Southampton and West Bromwich Albion were keen.
    We've found our level.
    Für eure Sicherheit