User Tag List

Page 41 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is growing increasingly frustrated at Arsenal's lack of activity over his new contract - opening up the prospect of him leaving this summer.
    The England international is eager to resolve his future and was expecting Arsenal to begin talks quickly — however the Gunners are yet to formally offer him a new deal.
    If true, just one more of the many, many reasons why Wenger should be sacked.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If true, just one more of the many, many reasons why Wenger should be sacked.
    Until the season just gone, his performances were never anything to write home about and I wouldn't have had any problems with selling him last year, frankly he looked shit.

However he's one of the few to come out of this season with any credit, he somehow managed to up his game at a time where the majority of the team lost their bollocks. Fair play, hope he signs an extension kicks on from here. Would I blame him if he left though? Probably not. He's been here for 5 years and is only marginally better than the day he signed. The manager has never known what to do with him and I think he would benefit from playing under a better coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Chamberlain owes it to Arsenal to stay. 1-2 good seasons and only in parts. It would be pretty poor form if he went to Liverpool at this stage. I think it's a case of a substantial pay rise he's after rather than Arsenal delaying. You know he's been tapped up and offered silly money from somewhere else.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Wenger should re-sign Henry in a coaching capacity - that might swing a deal for Mbappe - they seem quite similar in many ways.
    What is Thomas Lemar valued at?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergkampwonderland10 View Post
    I think Chamberlain owes it to Arsenal to stay. 1-2 good seasons and only in parts. It would be pretty poor form if he went to Liverpool at this stage. I think it's a case of a substantial pay rise he's after rather than Arsenal delaying. You know he's been tapped up and offered silly money from somewhere else.
    I think it's mostly because Wenger is a stupid cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Wenger should re-sign Henry in a coaching capacity - that might swing a deal for Mbappe - they seem quite similar in many ways.
    What is Thomas Lemar valued at?
    More likely to sign up one of those nodding heads you stick on car dashboards. Henry might not be able to nod fast enough.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I think it's mostly because Wenger is a stupid cunt.
    Wenger has lost his touch when it comes to developing young players. He really has. If you look at his record over the past 10 years and it's pretty poor. I wouldn't blame Ox for for moving on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Wenger should re-sign Henry in a coaching capacity
    Well, he tried. He turned it down to work at Sky.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing could have been said about a number of past players. Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie all went through a golden patch after some poor seasons (injuries/bad form) and they all fucked off with little care for the club. Loyalty is a dying commodity in the football business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ever reliable Sky Sources are claiming West Ham are trying to sign Giroud.