User Tag List

Page 50 of 263 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Transfer fees were crazy last week. This week they are batshit berserk. They seem to be inflating on a minute by minute basis. There's talk of some defender signing for the chavs who will, with the fee and all the agent bungs and other handouts, cost the club some 70 mill. Every player who can kick a ball without scuffing it is valued at at least 50 mill. In reality there are a handful of world class players in the PL who can turn a game. The rest are glorified pubbers who wouldn't have got anywhere near Arenal and Utd teams of the recent past. What would Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Pires be worth in today's loony market? And yet there's not a player out there fit to lace their boots.
    Yeah totally crazy I agree, but in the end we're now paying the price for our chronic under investment when prices were more reasonable, we've had opportunities to sign players for decent amounts in the past and scoffed at the prices, now it's coming back to bite us (or maybe it won't if we once again pay for some nobody like Xhaka and Mustafi....although they cost us a packet as well).

Trouble with us now is clubs know we're in desperate need, so they can sit there quite happy knowing they can hike the price up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say under-investment, I don't think many clubs have spent more than us over the last few years.
    I'm not sure we are in desperate need. We really do need a top striker, other than that I don't think we need a complete overhaul are in desperate need.
    IMO a better manager last year would have challenged for the title with the squad we already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You say under-investment, I don't think many clubs have spent more than us over the last few years.
    I'm not sure we are in desperate need. We really do need a top striker, other than that I don't think we need a complete overhaul are in desperate need.
    IMO a better manager last year would have challenged for the title with the squad we already have.
    Agreed. And we've already bid over 100m for a player. We might not get him but it certainly doesn't point to a lack of desire to spend.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say under investment because you only need to look a the spending in the last decade, as for the players we've spent money on frankly it's also compounded by bad business, overspending on players who aren't worth the money.

Overall we've not invested anywhere near enough and waste a lot of money on players and their wages, players like Walcott, Welbeck, Gibbs, Diaby, Rosicky and the list goes on, we could have spent that money so much more wisely.

As for bidding 100 million, that's media speculation and most likely nonsense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you think we've under-invested and overspent. I see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    As for bidding 100 million, that's media speculation and most likely nonsense.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...an-mbappe-bid/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True but he also dislikes Wenger and is known as a very tough negotiator, he tends to get good prices for players he sells, he doesn't roll over and let players go cut price.

If we want him we'll have to stump up the cash, he's not doing Wenger any favours, who knows if this will happen though, we've been linked with this guy since 2010 and never managed to land him, don't have any confidence it will be any different this time round.
    Yep, Aulas is a nightmare to deal with, he'll have Wenger dancing to his tune if he knows we are really keen on landing Lacazette.

It will be a difficult purchase, no doubt about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you think we've under-invested and overspent. I see.
    No, we've underspent, but what we have spent we've waste on rubbish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see seniour sources confirmed it, must be true then, especially if it's in the paper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see seniour sources confirmed it, must be true then, especially if it's in the paper.
    It's been in pretty much every paper and news source, I picked a broadsheet to demonstrate this is not simply red-top tittle tattle. It's been widely reported.
    What evidence do you have for thinking the story false?