User Tag List

Page 51 of 263 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    No, we've underspent, but what we have spent we've waste on rubbish.
    Our net spend has been the 3rd highest over the last 5 seasons

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/prem...t-five-seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's been in pretty much every paper and news source, I picked a broadsheet to demonstrate this is not simply red-top tittle tattle. It's been widely reported.
    What evidence do you have for thinking the story false?
    So we bid 87mill when another bid of 100mill had already been rejected. Anyone can do that without risk. If I see a guy buying a Rolls Royce and rush in and offer to pay 50K less, does that make me a big spender or a fantasist? The whole Mbappe thing is beyond ridiculous. We're fucking around again instead of identifying realistic targets and getting the deals done. We haven't even sat down with Alexis and Ozil yet. We're ignoring Ox. And we're putting out stupid sob stories about wage regulations as a huge come-and-get-me flag for Barca and Bellerin. In other words, we're fucking it up. Again. We'll go into the next season unprepared, as usual.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Operation Desperation. We had no choice but to patch the ship for fear it would sink faster. It must have burned their souls to waste so much cash on silly old football related stuff. Fortunately it all came out of extra TV revenues so never fear, they still have their millions stashed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, whether it was a sensible or realistic bid is a different argument, but Zim was questioning whether it happened at all when it clearly did.
    I'm not sure what other bids have happened and the order of events.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes, Operation Desperation. We had no choice but to patch the ship for fear it would sink faster. It must have burned their souls to waste so much cash on silly old football related stuff. Fortunately it all came out of extra TV revenues so never fear, they still have their millions stashed.
    Again, fine but a different argument from Zim's which is that we haven't spent enough. I do agree with him partially in that we have wasted a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been in pretty much every paper and news source, I picked a broadsheet to demonstrate this is not simply red-top tittle tattle. It's been widely reported.
    What evidence do you have for thinking the story false?
    No official sources have confirmed it (either club), papers will tend to re-hash information form other places to fill their pages, this article actually says according to the telegraph which is what you posted a link for:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/02/monaco...bappe-6679367/

Looks like nonsense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've overspent on players like Xhaka(£35m), Mustafi (£35m) and Chambers (17m) but haven't spent enough on bringing in a top class striker. The striker position is the one position where you're unlikely to unearth some hidden talent on the cheap. You need to sp

We've probably spent around £40m on strikers in total anyway. Welbeck and Perez cost around £20m each, we wasted around £4m for that Japanese kid. Factor in the wages we’ve blown….we should have just coughed up the asking price for Lacazette years ago. We’ve spent £40 to £50m on garbage and it’s cost us over the years and prices have kept on going up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the last 10-12 years we've underspent, maybe it's been better in the last few seasons, but it's largely been wasted on rubbish to be honest, last summer was a shamble with us overpaying for players who aren't good enough and aren't worth half that, Mustafi for example we had to overpay for because we left he deal so late and Perez was just a panic buy to try and keep fans happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, whether it was a sensible or realistic bid is a different argument, but Zim was questioning whether it happened at all when it clearly did.
    I'm not sure what other bids have happened and the order of events.
    Point is, it makes no difference whether it happened or not. It was an entirely irrelevant bid. Typical Wenger. How much is this Mars bar? A pound. I'll give you 50p. If we have 87mill to spend, then why not put in a big bid for Aubergine? Get him here, get him integrated, get him and the team ready for pre-season.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    We've overspent on players like Xhaka(£35m), Mustafi (£35m) and Chambers (17m) but haven't spent enough on bringing in a top class striker. The striker position is the one position where you're unlikely to unearth some hidden talent on the cheap. You need to sp

We've probably spent around £40m on strikers in total anyway. Welbeck and Perez cost around £20m each, we wasted around £4m for that Japanese kid. Factor in the wages we’ve blown….we should have just coughed up the asking price for Lacazette years ago. We’ve spent £40 to £50m on garbage and it’s cost us over the years and prices have kept on going up.
    Spot on, in the past we hardly spent, in the last few seasons we have, but in an attempt to not buy quality we've spent on 2nd tier players and ironically massively overpaid!

We could have spent that money on maybe buying less players but better ones.