User Tag List

Page 56 of 263 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It isn't, but it's only fair to take into account the fact he wasn't always first choice last season and still scored a good number of goals when he played.
    I've no idea what we're arguing about, I don't care what happened in 2013, we've been needing a really top striker for years, I don't think anyone would argue with that.
    I'm not even talking about getting rid of Ozil. This is about the 2013 transfer window specifically.
    You're being a dick. Put stuff in their proper context and we'll be able to have a proper conversation. If you can't follow how this is about transfer windows and how we mismanaged the 2013 window despite making a record signing for a star player than I can't help you. We're going back to 2013 because we've been looking for a striker for far too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Giroud's goals/minutes ratio was better than anyone bar Kane last season so I guess you'd have to say yes. I don't know how many of those were assisted by Ozil.
    But Giroud, as much as I like him and feel he gets an unnecessary amount of stick from Arsenal fans, isn't at the level who will win you a title.
    Get a striker in who can and we will challenge. Well, maybe we won't under Wenger but we will have a squad who can - I think we pretty much already do.
    It's Wenger's fault Giroud gets stick from the fans. Wenger insists on challenging for titles with second rate players. As we saw, Wenger doesn't have the guts to go out on the pitch during the bad times. So the players take the stick.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's Wenger's fault Giroud gets stick from the fans. Wenger insists on challenging for titles with second rate players. As we saw, Wenger doesn't have the guts to go out on the pitch during the bad times. So the players take the stick.
    Of course. Giroud isn’t a bad striker. Wenger just hasn’t got a plan. We can make use of Giroud’s strength if crossed the ball more and paired him with a striker. If the striker we require is too expensive and he’s reluctant to spend the money then he has to adopt a system that gets the best out of all of players. Instead, Wenger has stuck with the same and just hoped something clicks with these guys mentally instead of making a tactical change to help them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Of course. Giroud isn’t a bad striker. Wenger just hasn’t got a plan. We can make use of Giroud’s strength if crossed the ball more and paired him with a striker. If the striker we require is too expensive and he’s reluctant to spend the money then he has to adopt a system that gets the best out of all of players. Instead, Wenger has stuck with the same and just hoped something clicks with these guys mentally instead of making a tactical change to help them.
    I guess with all his other roles he's just too busy to pay much attention to the football thingie. Those constant phone calls talking dirty to Stan must eat up a lot of the time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I guess with all his other roles he's just too busy to pay much attention to the football thingie. Those constant phone calls talking dirty to Stan must eat up a lot of the time.
    "Would you like me to penetrate the Asian market? It'll make your share price rock solid. Get a load of those dividends"

And so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual Arsenal and Arsene continue to fiddle whilst potential targets opt for others and existing players are anxious to join other clubs with more ambition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally have no idea how that is a response to my post
    When do you judge how a game has gone?
    I assumed your post was a response to my post?

Judge how a game has gone? My post was aimed more at our inability in the market to complete deals or even shop around for players in positions we need to strengthen given our past history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Is Mbappe here yet?
    Almost signed.

Again.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Almost signed.

Again.
    Wenger was in his house, according to French police.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I assumed your post was a response to my post?

Judge how a game has gone? My post was aimed more at our inability in the market to complete deals or even shop around for players in positions we need to strengthen given our past history.
    Well, no-one is disputing that. But ultimately we'll only know how this window has gone at the end. Not exactly going brilliantly so far.