Page 83 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    £50m for Kyle Walker.

I hate saying this but I actually respect Levy. He's such a shrewd business man. 50m for Walker is absolutely ridiculous and what makes it worse they buy a lot of their players on the cheap too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Trippier is just as good Walker, so that's a brilliant piece of business as far as Spurs are concerned. 50m for Walker FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Why have they sold him to Man City? Where is the progress in that? Oh well. Good news for us.

The fees being paid out have nothing to do with the quality of player these days. It’s becoming increasingly difficult for smaller clubs to actually build a winning side. You’d be foolish to set a reasonable price for a player you don’t want to sell. Why heck would you set a fair price? Clubs can’t rely on the player to show loyalty when the bigger clubs start to circle. Best way to ward off potential suitors is to set a price so ridiculous you’d be more than happy to sell if anyone coughs up the money.

The price doesn’t match player quality. Too many of us link this stuff back to normal life, like when selling a used car. You set fair price when you want to sell the damn thing. In football, most clubs don’t want to sell and that’s why prices have gone crazy. We’ve now got plenty of clubs prepared to pay up the money.
    Of course the price doesn't match the quality - this has been true for years. But because the money is now flowing like a waterfall we have agents and media hacks hyping up what would have been dog standard into world beating. How many "wonderkids" are there in the game now? A new one emerges every week. It's all bullshit. A moneygoround using the fans' money. It was alway true the fans funded this shit, but the levels of greed have become piss in your face insulting.

Old thieves used to play the game, pretend at least there were standards. And they'd tip their hat to dignity. It's embarrassing now. Like watching pigs fornicating in the muck.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think Trippier is just as good Walker, so that's a brilliant piece of business as far as Spurs are concerned. 50m for Walker FFS.
    Yep, Levy is in a position now where he knows he has a manager who can unearth or develop gems, Poch is like Wenger was when he first came here.

Trippier will replace Walker easily...in fact I wouldn't even be surprised if he replaced him for England. City are mugs, they have been shafted here. Everton took them to the cleaners last season with the John Stones deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Why have they sold him to Man City? Where is the progress in that? Oh well. Good news for us.

The fees being paid out have nothing to do with the quality of player these days. It’s becoming increasingly difficult for smaller clubs to actually build a winning side. You’d be foolish to set a reasonable price for a player you don’t want to sell. Why heck would you set a fair price? Clubs can’t rely on the player to show loyalty when the bigger clubs start to circle. Best way to ward off potential suitors is to set a price so ridiculous you’d be more than happy to sell if anyone coughs up the money.

The price doesn’t match player quality. Too many of us link this stuff back to normal life, like when selling a used car. You set fair price when you want to sell the damn thing. In football, most clubs don’t want to sell and that’s why prices have gone crazy. We’ve now got plenty of clubs prepared to pay up the money.

Yep, I read this morning Swansea rejected a 40million bid from Leicester for Sigurdsson, yep 40million for Sigurdsson, let that one sink in

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Well I'm going to add to the parroting

50 million for Walker???

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, Levy is in a position now where he knows he has a manager who can unearth or develop gems, Poch is like Wenger was when he first came here.

Trippier will replace Walker easily...in fact I wouldn't even be surprised if he replaced him for England. City are mugs, they have been shafted here. Everton took them to the cleaners last season with the John Stones deal.
    Does Pochetinno even make signings for Spurs, I thought that was all the director of football. I thought he was a head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Of course the price doesn't match the quality - this has been true for years. But because the money is now flowing like a waterfall we have agents and media hacks hyping up what would have been dog standard into world beating. How many "wonderkids" are there in the game now? A new one emerges every week. It's all bullshit. A moneygoround using the fans' money. It was alway true the fans funded this shit, but the levels of greed have become piss in your face insulting.

Old thieves used to play the game, pretend at least there were standards. And they'd tip their hat to dignity. It's embarrassing now. Like watching pigs fornicating in the muck.
    Not even worth paying attention to the media hype. I seriously doubt the writers of the bullshit are watching who does what in football. Especially if they don't play in the Prem. That's why I have to question what the heck 'high profile' means. What are we getting swept up by? Has anyone actually watched these players before the ridiculous price tag was slapped on them? Especially when it's a player that's popped up overnight in a foreign league. Hence why it's good to hear you and Selassie speak on what you've seen from a player and actually describe their style of play.

Not even worth getting upset about the fees. It goes back to people willing to pay it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Yep, I read this morning Swansea rejected a 40million bid from Leicester for Sigurdsson, yep 40million for Sigurdsson, let that one sink in
    Damn right. Why set a fair price for your star man when you don't want to sell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle Walker??

I'd rather have Roy Walker.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.