User Tag List

Page 99 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Alexis is not on that list. So he can't be any good then.
    A player's absence from that list doesn't mean they are shit, but a player's presence on it means they probably aren't.
    But yes, it remains to be seen how he will fare in our team.
    But him not being the "new Henry" doesn't make him shit either, chances are we'll never, or very rarely, see the likes of him again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    French manager prefers Giroud to laca
    [B]Check out my friends stand up Comedy channel :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I thought everyone already understood that he's not a Henry type? He's closer to being a Wright or Anelka in terms of style of play. He'll be more dependent on team play and service. That doesn't make him second tier. Now that we have a striker that can make the runs and has the strength and pace, it's down to midfield to pull it together and get him assists.
    He's clearly second tier. You can tell from his control, his passing, the general technique to his game. But he makes some good runs and he has a bit of pace. If he has a cooler head than Theo or Welbz and is prepared to put in more effort than Giroud (which is guaranteed provided he remains alive) then he's an upgrade. Wright or Anelka though? I don't think so. Think Defoe. Not bad and he'll get a few goals. But you don't mention the name when you talk about the world's great strikers. And that's what I mean by second tier. Not that he's a bad player, but he's not up at that top level. Then again, nor are a lot of the hype merchants commanding the big fees.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a creative and guile laden midfield he needs to excel, then he's in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He's clearly second tier. You can tell from his control, his passing, the general technique to his game. But he makes some good runs and he has a bit of pace. If he has a cooler head than Theo or Welbz and is prepared to put in more effort than Giroud (which is guaranteed provided he remains alive) then he's an upgrade. Wright or Anelka though? I don't think so. Think Defoe. Not bad and he'll get a few goals. But you don't mention the name when you talk about the world's great strikers. And that's what I mean by second tier. Not that he's a bad player, but he's not up at that top level. Then again, nor are a lot of the hype merchants commanding the big fees.
    As long as he's clinical in front of goal and his touch isn't so bad it fucks him up in front of goal, we'll be ok. Also, Wenger has to play him up front and not on the wing.

Been saying this for ages, but Lacazette is the type of striker we should have developed Theo into. But saying that, I don't think Wenger is a fan of that type of player up front. He's avoided playing Theo there for ages and it took an age for him to buy Lacazette.

I think was screwed over when West Ham wouldn't allow him to move to Man Utd. I wouldn't call him second rate at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If it's a creative and guile laden midfield he needs to excel, then he's in trouble.
    Özil and Xhaka have to really step their game up this year. We have the sort of striker they should be able to supply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I thought everyone already understood that he's not a Henry type? He's closer to being a Wright or Anelka in terms of style of play. He'll be more dependent on team play and service. That doesn't make him second tier. Now that we have a striker that can make the runs and has the strength and pace, it's down to midfield to pull it together and get him assists.
    The most important thing it is down to is Wenger not playing him on the wing.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    The most important thing it is down to is Wenger not playing him on the wing.
    That too. We have to hope Lacazette hits the ground running. Last season, poor Perez started the opening game up front, got no service despite having Ozil and Cazorla behind him and never started up front again. We ended up having to sub on Sanchez and Giroud.

I have a feeling Wenger will do something similar and bring Giroud in to play up front with Lacazette playing on the left and Ozil on the right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicks and chicks View Post
    French manager prefers Giroud to laca
    Ok. That also doesn't make him "shit". His scoring record is excellent, he could be exactly what he needs. Whether he'll be able to fit into our team and do it in the PL remains to be seen.
    He hasn't even played a competitive game for us yet, stop being ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The French manager has been playing Giroud over Mbappe, Martial, Benzema and Griezmann. I wouldn't pay any attention to Tranny.