User Tag List

Page 49 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree with a lot of this post NQ and I don't for one minute think signing Lacazette is a sign of ambition, he's going to be a replacement for Sanchez and make no mistake he's a significant downgrade on Sanchez.

I agree we are in this mess because of Wenger, a lot of this was avoidable too. If we had shown more ambition and been more proactive over the past few seasons by genuinely improving the team/squad with the quality it has been lacking then I think we would have been in a much stronger position. Our lack of ambition makes us a less attractive option when purchasing players, what can we honestly offer a player above any of our rivals?

I think Wenger's hand will be forced with signing Lacazette, I don't think we have any other real options TBH, we aren't going to sign Mbappe and the likes of Lukaku, Belotti are beyond us.
    Maybe they will throw cash at Lacazette just to shut the majority of fans up. But, considering Wenger doesn't give a shit what the fans think, and considering he'll run off and cry to Kroenke if Gazidis tries to intervene, I don't think we'll even do that. Not unless Alexis leaves.

Not signing Lacazette might be the best option long term. Who wants to see Giroud up top with Lacazette shoved wide? Wenger will probably do this. He had Alexis tearing it up in the striker's role last season but he still shoved him wide to accommodate Giroud. So don't rule any form of insanity out.

Might be best to hope we sign nobody, endure the coming season and hope, finally, finally, Wenger gets the push. And anyway, if Wenger sticks around, it doesn't matter who we sign because the decent players will be off after a season or two once they realise there's nothing for them here.

Every way you look at it, we can't move on until Wenger is gone. This lunacy about us seriously chasing Mbappe, all hot air to get the fans excited. That's never, ever, ever, ever happening. NEVER. It's totally insane to imagine it's serious. Same goes for any other genuine star the big clubs are chasing. We are not in that league. You can tell Wenger is up to his old tricks by the very fact this Mbappe fantasy has gained so much ground over the past weeks. Martial, another story about an unobtainable player.

Then there's the bullshit about our wage bill being too high so we can't bring in top talent without first getting rid of somebody. Another leak from Pravda I bet, so there's an excuse when Bellerin and Ox walk out the door.

We could end up with Lacazette in (for three seasons max before he pisses off) and Ozil, Alexis, Bellerin and Ox out. Right now that's a far more likely outcome than hanging on to what we have and then adding strength. Wenger's not in control of this. The players have him by his diminutive balls. They are all bigger than this club, because Wenger has made this club so small compared to what it used to be. All for the sake of a few quid spent at the right time in any of the ten seasons past. Suarez, Vidal, Draxler, they were all gettable. Shame we are Barca Lite on the pitch but not Barca proper in the transfer window. Everyone hates them for it but they know how to get the players they want and they don't take no for an answer.

Wenger's only ambition is to be here forever.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having made a conscious decision to stop giving a fuck after Wenger signed his new deal, I'm finding this all rather cathartic.

Give it a go guys, you'll feel pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I’m not dead against Martial. I just don’t see it happening and wouldn’t be fully convinced that he solves our striker problem. After a few games I’m sure Wenger would shift him wide if he’s not tearing it up there. Wenger said he saw him more as a winger and Utd have also played him there for a lot of games. We just don’t need that sort of problem again. Buy a striker that has the numbers and games to back up that his best position is central striker and I can’t see Wenger trying to play them wide.

We’re really in a ridiculous situation. We should have bought Lacazette years ago or at least committed to playing Walcott or Sanchez up front for a whole season. It’s taken us an age to get this right and it’s becoming more costly. Wenger doesn’t have the answers to solve this.
    Aye, no chance of Martial happening. I remember years ago Mourinho wouldn't even loan us Demba Ba from Chelsea when we were desperate on deadline day scraping around the basement, no chance of Mourinho selling us an out of favour albeit talented Martial.

Yep, Wenger has really messed up when it comes to the centre forward position, window after window he has mismanaged this position.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Having made a conscious decision to stop giving a fuck after Wenger signed his new deal, I'm finding this all rather cathartic.

Give it a go guys, you'll feel pretty good.
    Aye I find myself coming here far less, don't even feel angry or despairing. Just feel I don't care enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to Lacazette

No to Martial.

The former seems to be a regular scorer, good enough for me.

As for Mbapp and co - hot air, we have zero chance of signing players like that and this nonsense we hear in the press is just that nonsense, talk of these 87 million/100 million+ bids from us are BS, it's more likely to be £8.70.

As for Lacazette, I agree if we sign him it'll be as a replacement for Sanchez who is almost certainly gone, why wouldn't we have signed him up buy now otherwise, as usual everything is done painfully slowly, we're just waiting for the earth to be flat or for the waiting period to end! Allegedly we're after Lacazette, if we're serious we should just stump up and get him, thing is is this just another delaying tactic to try and keep fans happy, seems to suit the club.

Aulas wants 57 million or so, either pay it or move onto somebody else, the fact we seem to be dithering concerns me, typical of this club though, a joke in all areas.

Anyways it's not like we're going to suddenly become world beaters, after all Wenger is still in charge, our best hope is to have some entertaining new players we can be excited about.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aguero swap for Sanchez somebody mentioned to me at work; which filth rag paper came up with that idea?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Yes to Lacazette

No to Martial.

The former seems to be a regular scorer, good enough for me.

As for Mbapp and co - hot air, we have zero chance of signing players like that and this nonsense we hear in the press is just that nonsense, talk of these 87 million/100 million+ bids from us are BS, it's more likely to be £8.70.

As for Lacazette, I agree if we sign him it'll be as a replacement for Sanchez who is almost certainly gone, why wouldn't we have signed him up buy now otherwise, as usual everything is done painfully slowly, we're just waiting for the earth to be flat or for the waiting period to end! Allegedly we're after Lacazette, if we're serious we should just stump up and get him, thing is is this just another delaying tactic to try and keep fans happy, seems to suit the club.

Aulas wants 57 million or so, either pay it or move onto somebody else, the fact we seem to be dithering concerns me, typical of this club though, a joke in all areas.

Anyways it's not like we're going to suddenly become world beaters, after all Wenger is still in charge, our best hope is to have some entertaining new players we can be excited about.
    Aulas says one thing one day, another thing another day.

About as trustworthy as Bernard Tapie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Aulas says one thing one day, another thing another day.

About as trustworthy as Bernard Tapie
    True but he also dislikes Wenger and is known as a very tough negotiator, he tends to get good prices for players he sells, he doesn't roll over and let players go cut price.

If we want him we'll have to stump up the cash, he's not doing Wenger any favours, who knows if this will happen though, we've been linked with this guy since 2010 and never managed to land him, don't have any confidence it will be any different this time round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfer fees were crazy last week. This week they are batshit berserk. They seem to be inflating on a minute by minute basis. There's talk of some defender signing for the chavs who will, with the fee and all the agent bungs and other handouts, cost the club some 70 mill. Every player who can kick a ball without scuffing it is valued at at least 50 mill. In reality there are a handful of world class players in the PL who can turn a game. The rest are glorified pubbers who wouldn't have got anywhere near Arenal and Utd teams of the recent past. What would Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Pires be worth in today's loony market? And yet there's not a player out there fit to lace their boots.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF, the standard of skill and entertainment correlates with the rise in transfer fees.

Just not in the way you would hope.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.