Page 1 of 263 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

So it begins...

Arsenal blow as Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette agrees to join Atletico Madrid
    Should have signed him back when we had the chance then, eh? Not enough change down the back of the sofa, I suppose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So it begins...

Should have signed him back when we had the chance then, eh? Not enough change down the back of the sofa, I suppose.
    Not particularly taken with this guy. He would join or replace any one of our motley crue of strikers, Welbz, Iwobi, Giroud, Walcott. All are pretty dire.

We need to shoot a little higher especially with you-know-who still at the helm.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Not particularly taken with this guy. He would join or replace any one of our motley crue of strikers, Welbz, Iwobi, Giroud, Walcott. All are pretty dire.

We need to shoot a little higher especially with you-know-who still at the helm.
    I'll quote you on that at the end of the window, when we've signed nobody but there's a rumour Andy Carroll might be on his way for a medical.

Carroll He'll do. Sign da ting!

You know how it goes.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have signed Lacazette ages ago but instead we went for Welbeck. Had another opportunity last summer and we went for Lucas. Kill this thread. It doesn't matter who we sign. Wenger is a complete idiot. 16 goals from Giroud, 19 from Walcott and he's still playing Danny Welbeck. Even when having to scrape the quality barrel he makes the wrong decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welbeck has not instincts needed for a striker. He stands there in the box, 1 yard out and is totally unprepared for the ball to come to him. How many outrageous swings and misses yesterday?. He is a good athlete and at least can run with the ball a bit. But hit a cross in to him from wide and 5 times out of 6 he will not get a hit on it. there are reflex trainings where people stand in front of lights and you are required to touch the light that comes on in front of you. racing drivers do this all the time. Danny should spend the next 3 months on this machine.
    I really think we should go for Balotelli. There is a good striker in there, however the good striker is locked in a life or death battle with a raging psycho.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was with you up until the Balotelli part, then it was just mental.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balotelli? There's only one conceivable reason for bringing him in. He'd drive Wenger into a mental ward.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Welbeck has not instincts needed for a striker. He stands there in the box, 1 yard out and is totally unprepared for the ball to come to him. How many outrageous swings and misses yesterday?. He is a good athlete and at least can run with the ball a bit. But hit a cross in to him from wide and 5 times out of 6 he will not get a hit on it. there are reflex trainings where people stand in front of lights and you are required to touch the light that comes on in front of you. racing drivers do this all the time. Danny should spend the next 3 months on this machine.
    I really think we should go for Balotelli. There is a good striker in there, however the good striker is locked in a life or death battle with a raging psycho.
    Lacks the instinct along with the technique. When in the box he reminds me of Gervinho and Sanogo. Bambi like. Very clumsy. In fact, I'd actually have more patience for Sanogo and Gervinho up front because their movement creates chances and helps link play with the other forwards and attacking midfielders. Welbeck moves more like Giroud up front. Very static and stays central but he's worse than Giroud because he'll cock up the rare opportunity he has on goal. Not only will he miss, he'll swing and miss the ball completely. Giroud isn't the most clinical but he won't screw up a simple tap in.

Balotelli is talented and seems to be dong ok in Italy but there is no way he could step into this sort of environment and have a positive impact. I once thought Arsenal had the right sort of environment for him this season has shown otherwise. It's been a car wreck. We don't have the characters or staff. But all this doesn't matter. Wenger can have the right players and stats staring him right in the face and he'll fuck it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is anyone surprised about Wellbeck not being a good goalscorer, he was hopeless at Man U and yet Wenger goes out and gets him because he's relatively cheap, sick of his cheap buys like Giroud, Wellbeck etc rather than spend it on someone top notch he goes for these nobodies who clearly don't have what it takes, if you do that it eventually comes back to bit you.

Lacazette is 10 times as good as any of our strikers out then Sanchez and we should have snapped him up a long time ago instead of going for cheap nobodies, let's be honest Mbappe and co is pure fantasy, if it wasn't before it will be now, I mean why would he sign for a club on it's way down like ours when he can have his pick of the best clubs in the world?

Yeah we're well and truly screwed thanks to Mr Wenger, he doesn't know the meaning of love for the club, the way he treats the fans is a disgrace and it frankly amazes me people still stick up for this chump and say he deserves respect for what he's done. He deserves zero respect now, he had respect but flushed it down the toilet with his behaviour, if he gets hounded out of the club few will be sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger saying we're only a couple signings away:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/pre...d-to-challenge

Does the guy do it on purpose, he knows the fans aren't happy and as if to laugh in the face hints that he's staying and that we're not going to be very active this summer. Someone please tell the guy some home truths about what's wrong with this club, noone seems to ever say what the fans are thinking!

This is Wenger all over, half a dozen wins at the end of the season and he thinks we're good enough, embarrassing.