Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
I never would have thought Wenger would make a move to 3 at the back. It's definitely something we should continue with and I'd also like to see him alter the formation by playing 2 up front instead of one. My main gripe with Giroud up front is his lack of mobility. Combine his physical presence with a smaller player like Sanchez or Walcott and we get the best of both worlds. The three of them have scored a load of goals this season and we have a system that can accommodate a partnership. Also, we'd be able to play Ozil as a 10. The closer he plays to Sanchez, the better.

But even without the alterations, we should stick with this formation. Would prefer Sanchez up front and maybe get Iwobi back playing but in the wide attack position Sanchez would play. I think the kid deserves a second chance. He's not a winger and didn't suit playing there.
I've always favoured 2 up front for defensive reasons. Sounds bizarre at first but consider this. If you have one up front when the rest are defending, the one up front can be man marked meaning the other side can have more attacking. If you have 2 up front with the potential for interplay, then the other team need to consider having 3 in defence, 2 being a bit risk, thus reducing their attacking potential. Given the way having a back 3 seems to have worked really well, a 3-5-2 gets my vote.