User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative

1 6.25%
  • Labour

10 62.50%
  • Lib Deb

2 12.50%
  • UKIP

1 6.25%
  • Green

1 6.25%
  • Other

0 0%
  • Sat in my tin hat all day hoping the voices would stop.

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GW Exit Poll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    For me the choice between May and Corbyn is the choice between Sepsis and a brain tumour..

I'm not sure how achievable Corbyn's plans are but the NHS is creaking under years of uninvestment, kids are coming out of university with £30k of debt and have zero chance of getting on the housing ladder without an inheritence. I at least think Corbyn wants to try and do the right things. I'm not confident he'll succeed, but isn't it better to have someone who actually wants to try than someone (May) who clearly doesn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked the tin hat option thing, which was quite a well thought out and mean and childishly spiteful option. I'd have liked to see something along the lines of, "Refuse to endorse individuals that I know very well to be criminals", or, "Guy Fawkes", but I'll have to settle for the only sane option offered.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Picked the tin hat option thing, which was quite a well thought out and mean and childishly spiteful option.
    Thanks.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I'm not sure how achievable Corbyn's plans are but the NHS is creaking under years of uninvestment, kids are coming out of university with £30k of debt and have zero chance of getting on the housing ladder without an inheritence. I at least think Corbyn wants to try and do the right things. I'm not confident he'll succeed, but isn't it better to have someone who actually wants to try than someone (May) who clearly doesn't?
    I reject the premise of your question

The NHS needs structural route and branch change, not just more money thrown at it which will again be woefully misspent by trust executives.

I have never voted Tory in my life, and that trend is still alive and running today. The difference is when a prime minister calls an election half way through their term it's because they expect to win, and I know Mays sheer awfulness has made things interesting....but if I can take solace in something I think will happen anyway (big Tory win) because it might rid Labour of Corbyn than it seems churlish of me not to see the silver lining in this cloud.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 08-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Picked the tin hat option thing, which was quite a well thought out and mean and childishly spiteful option. I'd have liked to see something along the lines of, "Refuse to endorse individuals that I know very well to be criminals", or, "Guy Fawkes", but I'll have to settle for the only sane option offered.
    If you mean you didn't vote, in this particular instance I wish I'd followed your example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority here will be voting for a party that literally wants to treat you like children? Why?

The big state. The theft, the handouts. The arrogance of human rights bestowed. The interest on un-payable debt. The tribute paid at every stage of the production process. And some people think they are going to end up with MORE, rather than LESS? They believe there will be justice because the victims of crime are handed back some extra pennies? I don't know how that thinking develops and takes such firm root. The Tories are exactly the same, of course. So there's your choice.

Get rid of government and even the worst monopolies couldn't fuck things up half as badly.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think "get rid of government" is on the ballot sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't think "get rid of government" is on the ballot sheet.
    Of course it isn't. Why would they offer that as an option? The whole point of government is to perpetuate itself. After that, what does it do? It steals. It bribes and it starts wars. Who would vote for that? So instead, they dress up their criminal activity as benevolence and they issue a set of promises every 5 years that everyone knows will be broken. It's like a silly game of, well, we're here and you can't do anything about it, versus, damn, I'm too busy dealing with the consequences of that shit to do anything about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    People tell me about the Labour manifesto, but I say to them if I promised you to redecorate your house to treble its value and that it would cost you nothing, but experience told you that I was at best a shoddy paint and decorator who would most likely make your house worse than it already is would you trust my assurances.
    No - it is like someone found where the thieves had buried the money and so we can use the money to paint the houses. We have to vote out the thieves though. There is £85bn in evaded and avoided taxes which would solve all the debt problems. There is about £2bn suspected benefit fraud. Looking at the effort the Tories made on benefits - even taking it from the sick and disabled - and practically no effort on tax evasion and avoidance I think it is clear that no-one with any moral conscience should vote for them. I would rather Labour spend money on infrastructure which will produce a return in the long run. Borrowing rates are the lowest since even I was born so if you wanted to get some money to invest in the future, now is the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of wrinklies at the polling station. Tory fucks are getting a landslide.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.