User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Leicester City (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Enteraining game, awful in defence but some good performances going forward, Lacazette looked great! Giroud is a great sub to bring on late on, just don't start him.
    Pretty much.
    Always feel Giroud gets a lot of unfair stick from Arsenal fans.
    He's no Aguerro and he won't win you the league but he's a great option to have.
    Scored a lot of goals last season.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you were just as critical of Xhaka when he lighting it up at latter part of the season last year or bossed Chelsea last Sunday, Zim.

He's a quality player who plays an integral role to our current shape but he had a stinker today no doubt, but still was able to pull out two assists. Probably didn't help that his regular partner (Ramsey) was out - wasn't much of a surprise that he improved as soon as he came on.

Epic win tbh and one of those games that'll leave any Arsenal fan feeling giddy irrespective of what else is going on. We really could have had double figures in terms of goals - some silky attacking play only tempered by some bad finishes (*glares at Welbeck*) and great saves from Schemichal.

No doubt that the defence had a complete horror show but it was predicted based on shoehorning in two makeshift LB's there. I'd like to think that this was a one-off rather than a sign of things to come - generally we've been quite defensively solid ever since we went to three at the back. Personally I'd move the Bosnian beast to LWB next game and put Mustafi in the three.

Also surely for the love of god it's time to abandon the zonal marking system at corners? Completely dominated in the air by attacking players with a running start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see it, apart from the last few minutes when I popped in to win it for us.

Few seconds I saw from Lacazette looked very worrying. On several occasions he failed to panic when in possession and he had a tendency to turn towards the opposition goal. Early days, Wenger has plenty of time to work with him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Pretty much.
    Always feel Giroud gets a lot of unfair stick from Arsenal fans.
    He's no Aguerro and he won't win you the league but he's a great option to have.
    Scored a lot of goals last season.
    He got a lot of stick because of Wenger. As you say, he's a squad player, but Wenger used him as the starting striker and then claimed we were challenging for titles.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Xhaka was very good today. I thought Holding had a nightmare and Elneny just isn't progressive enough much as I like his reliability. Bellerin was poor, the back line as a unit was a complete shambles and Cech had a mixed bag.

Delighted we managed to snatch a win though and send Vardy home unhappy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He got a lot of stick because of Wenger. As you say, he's a squad player, but Wenger used him as the starting striker and then claimed we were challenging for titles.
    Fine, but then your ire should be directed at Wenger, not Giroud. You direct it at both as do many, seems harsh on Giroud who actually had a very good record for us last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I hope you were just as critical of Xhaka when he lighting it up at latter part of the season last year or bossed Chelsea last Sunday, Zim.

He's a quality player who plays an integral role to our current shape but he had a stinker today no doubt, but still was able to pull out two assists. Probably didn't help that his regular partner (Ramsey) was out - wasn't much of a surprise that he improved as soon as he came on.

Epic win tbh and one of those games that'll leave any Arsenal fan feeling giddy irrespective of what else is going on. We really could have had double figures in terms of goals - some silky attacking play only tempered by some bad finishes (*glares at Welbeck*) and great saves from Schemichal.

No doubt that the defence had a complete horror show but it was predicted based on shoehorning in two makeshift LB's there. I'd like to think that this was a one-off rather than a sign of things to come - generally we've been quite defensively solid ever since we went to three at the back. Personally I'd move the Bosnian beast to LWB next game and put Mustafi in the three.

Also surely for the love of god it's time to abandon the zonal marking system at corners? Completely dominated in the air by attacking players with a running start.
    Don't rate the guy sorry, every player has one match where he bosses the game, just look at Wilshere against Barca and look where he is now and Eboue when he had Real in his pocket, the argument that a player once played this amazing match once upon a time is lame and has been shown to be irrelevant over the years.

Xhaka, is a poor tackler, slow and his passing really isn't all that, today it was abysmal and definitely caused one of the goals against us. he's another one of these very very overrated Arsenal players and there have been plenty of those, who sit around doing very little but for some reason are hailed as quality, the proof is in consistent performances throughout a season not one off games every 6 months.

we could have done so much better with that 35 million, I wouldn't have waste 35 million on a DM who can't tackle (something his own manager admits), it's ridiculous.

I've always preferred players who have consistently delivered, season after season hence the reason I was pleased with Lacazette who has shown he can score goals and lots of them, trouble is Wenger rarely ever goes for players like these, instead preferring to go for relative unknowns like Xhaka, no other top club does this, maybe that's why they are much more successful though.

As for the poor defensive performance being a one one, have you not seen us play in the last 10 years, our defence is and has been awful, you can discount the run at the end of the season where there's nothing major to play for as that's when we put a meaningless mini unbeaten run together every season, this is what Wenger uses to judge a whole season but this proves nothing because the following season when the real business comes up again we don't then get the same results.

Our defence isn't good enough end off, Mertesacker is slow and too old now as well, Gabriel is average, Koscielny is decent but error and injury prone, Chambers isn't up to it and Holding whilst talented needs to be eased in gradually as he's very young.

We'll be conceding left right and center again in the near future no doubt about it as the defenders aren't good enough, the tactics are wrong and the coaching is sub standard as well, that's even before you start talking about how the midfielders like Xhaka completely fail to protect the defence behind them and if anything making it more difficult for them with shocking misplaced passes!
    Last edited by Özim; 12-08-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fine, but then your ire should be directed at Wenger, not Giroud. You direct it at both as do many, seems harsh on Giroud who actually had a very good record for us last year.
    That's not how it works though, if a player isn't performing then he gets the blame, in the grand scheme of things yes the manager is to blame though, but everyone knows that Wenger i to blame for all the problems in the team and the personnel, but the player will always get some blame.

Giroud is and always has been a squad striker, what I will say is he's was looking for a move this summer as he wasn't playing enough (in the end he didn't go though), which suggests he see's himself as good enough to be a starter, if that's the case though he needs to deliver on the pitch when he does start and more often than not he doesn't.