User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Stoke v Arsenal 19/08/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I actually think we are quite far behind the likes of City, Spurs & United this season. We won't come close to top 4 IMO.
    Pick the manager form any of those teams and they'd transform our squad and our results. The squad is good enough but the stupid cunt in charge has no clue how to put out a coherent football team. He's a handicap that no squad could carry, not over a whole season.

There will be at least another 9 of these fuck-ups this season and that will be enough to relegate us to also-ran status, again. It's all on rails.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I actually think we are quite far behind the likes of City, Spurs & United this season. We won't come close to top 4 IMO.
    United and City I agree. Spurs are dodgy tbh and have zero depth.

Though they'll all struggle once Europe kicks in tbh. We at least can get away with playing more of our fringe players as our Europa games on paper won't be as tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    United and City I agree. Spurs are dodgy tbh and have zero depth.

Though they'll all struggle once Europe kicks in tbh. We at least can get away with playing more of our fringe players as our Europa games on paper will be tougher.
    Spurs have a great manager who will get the absolute maximum out of that squad, he's buying decent young talent too and still wants to strengthen his squad. Wenger said our squad just needs trimming, he's happy with what he has. Whilst I do agree with NQ in that we would fare better with one of the managers from our rivals with our current squad it absolutely needs strengthening under Wenger for us to achieve anything this season. Wenger is actually crazy if he thinks he can achieve anything with this squad if he continues with this scattergun approach.

I think the 3 teams I mentioned will all comfortably finish above us, we will duke it out with Chelsea, Liverpool & Everton for 4th place, are we really better than any of those teams?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The same protests and histrionics again

I find this result tedious but not in anyway did it make me angry. I expected it, I hoped for better of course.

However we don't have the excuse that we were bullied out of the game or that we looked vulnerable from set pieces. We just didn't seem to want to put ourselves out....the ball play was sloppy, half hearted. We gave this side confidence simply because we couldn't be bothered (look at how much we pressed, pressed and pressed when we wanted 4th last season)

Now we will see what Lehmann is getting paid for, if he's not making them eat their own faeces in training tomorrow he's not doing his job properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

I find this result tedious but not in anyway did it make me angry. I expected it, I hoped for better of course.

However we don't have the excuse that we were bullied out of the game or that we looked vulnerable from set pieces. We just didn't seem to want to put ourselves out....the ball play was sloppy, half hearted. We gave this side confidence simply because we couldn't be bothered (look at how much we pressed, pressed and pressed when we wanted 4th last season)

Now we will see what Lehmann is getting paid for, if he's not making them eat their own faeces in training tomorrow he's not doing his job properly.
    I'm not angry and certainly don't think I'm being dramatic. Frustrated yes, surprised no. Sitting through this nonsense every season is becoming tedious. We all know who and what the problem is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

Lehmann will be sacked if he upsets the little flowers.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Pick the manager form any of those teams and they'd transform our squad and our results. The squad is good enough

Few months ago I was saying the squad was pretty much good enough and would challenge with the right manager and you were saying we needed a mass clear-out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Few months ago I was saying the squad was pretty much good enough and would challenge with the right manager and you were saying we needed a mass clear-out.
    Good enough to challenge. And we do need a clear out. A decent manager could build a team out of what we have and maybe one or two additions (which a decent manager would have made). But they wouldn't need Gibbs. Wenger has no chance of challenging no matter how many players he signs, sells or divides by 2.
    Für eure Sicherheit