Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Stoke 1-0 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Corrected your typo
    Well no, the FA Cup is generally seen at a 2nd tier trophy and therefore not a major trophy. Perhaps 10 years ago you might have had a point, but not anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Well no, the FA Cup is generally seen at a 2nd tier trophy and therefore not a major trophy. Perhaps 10 years ago you might have had a point, but not anymore.
    I see. That explains your muted, indifferent response.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...t=2857&page=63

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I've gotten to the stage now where I hope we crash and burn if it means Wenger leaving. I'd happily take a mid table finish and the contract rebels amongst others walking out on free transfers if it meant Wenger walking.

Cant take another season of this and I honestly don't think we'll do much anyway this season so I'd rather we fail spectacularly if it meant change.
    I can't agree with this.

We finished outside of the top four last year, fan unrest was at it highest and it was the final year of Wenger's contract .............. things would have been ripe for bidding farewell to Wenger and offering it to a new person and yet Kroneke (from what is rumoured Gazidis was happy for someone else to take over out but Kroneke was insistent) wanted him to stay and didn't exactly hide his eagerness for that. I mean the majority of the fanbase (of course there are a few Wenger or nothing fans but they are an extreme minority) would have accepted and it still didn't happen.

Hence why I categorically don't support the "let's lose so Wenger goes" arguments - he's literally not going anywhere even if we finish mid table. It'll only take a relegation and even then I wouldn't be at all surprise if Kroneke thought he was the right man to steer us back into the PL.

That atmosphere and mood around the club is already poisonous and depressing as it is - let's not make it worse by accumulating pointless losses just for zero gain (I speak as if I have the actual option to chose one or the other lol). As long as we win things I don't care who's in charge.

As long as the American parasite is hear nothing is going to change I'm afraid. After Wenger we'll probably get another "yes man" appointed who'll care more about financial security and keeping the club stable rather than winning trophies. So I direct 90% of my anger and fury at our mess to Kroenke - he needs to fuck off and the it's about time the fans started holding up banners for his exit instead of Wengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because I was happy we won a cup, doesn't mean it's a major trophy. Generally fans are happy about winning something, whether it be a 2nd tier trophy or not.

Doesn't change the facts the FA cup isn't a major trophy anymore though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I can't agree with this.

We finished outside of the top four last year, fan unrest was at it highest and it was the final year of Wenger's contract .............. things would have been ripe for bidding farewell to Wenger and offering it to a new person and yet Kroneke (from what is rumoured Gazidis was happy for someone else to take over out but Kroneke was insistent) wanted him to stay and didn't exactly hide his eagerness for that. I mean the majority of the fanbase (of course there are a few Wenger or nothing fans but they are an extreme minority) would have accepted and it still didn't happen.

Hence why I categorically don't support the "let's lose so Wenger goes" arguments - he's literally not going anywhere even if we finish mid table. It'll only take a relegation and even then I wouldn't be at all surprise if Kroneke thought he was the right man to steer us back into the PL.

That atmosphere and mood around the club is already poisonous and depressing as it is - let's not make it worse by accumulating pointless losses just for zero gain (I speak as if I have the actual option to chose one or the other lol). As long as we win things I don't care who's in charge.

As long as the American parasite is hear nothing is going to change I'm afraid. After Wenger we'll probably get another "yes man" appointed who'll care more about financial security and keeping the club stable rather than winning trophies. So I direct 90% of my anger and fury at our mess to Kroenke - he needs to fuck off and the it's about time the fans started holding up banners for his exit instead of Wengers.
    That's about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well well well, how the turn tables...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    That is fucking ridiculous. At almost every match we are talked about as being disrespectful no matter the scale of discontent, we have a shareholder group that refuse to cash in and are haranguing the Board at every opportunity.

We're hiring aircraft FFS!

The problem is an owner that lives thousands of miles away, who turns all his franchises to shit and if you don't like it, he moves the team. And he now has a team that doesn't even need fans to turn up to make money.
    Our discontent seems big because of Arsenal Fan TV. If there was discontent that led to actions at the fan level, we'd have seen massive protests and empty seats at the stadium. We still see 80-90% full games and we still have fans who are not yet ready to be vocal or take action on the parasites at the club- board and wenger.

Our protests are frankly a big joke with all the morons carrying 8x8 piece of papers with Wenger out. Is that the most organized we can get?!

I remember the gold/green scarf movement at Utd, and that was something that was well organized.. unlike what we see at our club.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction Stoke 1-0 Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Our discontent seems big because of Arsenal Fan TV. If there was discontent that led to actions at the fan level, we'd have seen massive protests and empty seats at the stadium. We still see 80-90% full games and we still have fans who are not yet ready to be vocal or take action on the parasites at the club- board and wenger.

Our protests are frankly a big joke with all the morons carrying 8x8 piece of papers with Wenger out. Is that the most organized we can get?!

I remember the gold/green scarf movement at Utd, and that was something that was well organized.. unlike what we see at our club.
    I remember that too.

Vaguely.

And nothing changed.

I also remember Old Trafford full.

All the time.

Then they extended Old Trafford.

And it was full.

All the time.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were protests and empty seats. It got the attention of the right people. There is no way the higher ups didn't notice. Wenger is old but not deaf and blind. Despite the discontent, he still signed a contract.

Ivan and Sir Chips, the men that report to Stan must have told him about the environment. There is no way Stan didn't hear about Ivan's 'catalyst of change' speil. But even with that in mind, Stan still offered Wenger a new contract.

The way they've acted all summer suggest they really don't care what fans have to say. Also, I'm not even sure short term revenue loss is even taken into consideration. How much money have we dropped because we're no longer in the Champions League? It's a significant amount of money and one directly linked to Wenger underperforming. Yet he was still offered a new contract. I suspect it would have to take more than one season of attendance figures dropping for anyone to question Wenger. I'm sure the piece of shit will worm his way out of the blame by taking about an economic downturn or Brexit as the reason why fans aren't turning up. Unless Wenger decides to fuck off on his own terms in the near future, I'm pessimistic about things changing. That's not to say the fans shouldn't try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you organising a protest then?