User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Liverpool vs Arsenal Sun 27th Aug 16:00 Sky Sports Premier League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Xhaka has been a huge mistake. We already know that Ramsey just bombs forward with no common sense. Xhaka falls into that same bracket because he'll bomb forward to try and tackle instead of holding up the play. Ozil is just overrated but people aren't ready to hear that. Need a major shakeup with all three out of the line up.
    Xhaka has been a massive problem. A good manager would spot that and spend this week digging deep to find an alternative in the market. Wenger won't. If we do anything, we will panic buy another light weight, creative player like draxler or mahrez which won't solve the problem. Although I suspect Wenger, stubborn goat that he is, will dig in and stick to the line that his wonderful squad is perfect and doesn't need strengthening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger: "The result is a consequence of our performance which wasn't good enough."
    Wenger: "It was a very disappointing performance. Of course it was shocking but the performance on the day was disastrous."
    Wenger: "There are some reasons behind it [the defeat] which we have to analyse. The emotions are big and very negative."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Nobody said anything about him being the best player today, except you. But, in an absolute shambles that has absolutely nothing to do with him, he was far from the worst. You're expecting one player to somehow draw together a shambles like that and make something of it. It's so unreasonable and unrealistic it's crazy to be even talking about it.
    Just trying to sense what you felt about his performance early on before being accused of being influenced by the media. When those 15,000 chances created stats start floating around, all perspective is lost on Ozil's performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    4-1. Mane to get the first and Firminho the 2nd just before half time.

Salah and Mane again. Laca will get a consolation in the 81st minute.
    Told you so!

3 scorers out of 4 aint bad, although as Wenger says, no need to overreact after just one result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you so!

3 scorers out of 4 aint bad, although as Wenger says, no need to overreact after just one result.
    I knew Wenger would pick the wrong team and have players out of position and do nothing tactically to account for Liverpool's strengths. That much is a given. So we were always going to concede plenty of goals. I was tempted to go with 6 because I knew how bad we'd be set up, an ideal opponent for Liverpool like raw meat chucked into a shark tank. That's how Wenger likes to do it. So his incompetence and insanity was routinely predictable, although I admit he got me with the Lacazette and Kolasinac WUMming. You think of the worst possibility and then Wenger finds a way to top it. He's inventive that way, I give him that much.

What I couldn't predict was how toothless we'd be against Liverpool's notoriously leaky defence. We ended up with zero shots on target. I'd have been accused of being deliberately over-negative and hysterical if I'd predicated that. This is a team with Alexis, Ozil, and under any normal circumstances Lacazette firing the bullets. So Wenger defuses that by selecting Welbeck. Somebody said "sabotage" and it does seem like that. But in reality it's extreme incompetence and some sort of mental impairment. Wenger is not well, he has a major problem and somebody at the club should be stepping up to help him and get him the help he needs. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy, even though he deserves no sympathy at all given his choice to sign that contract.

I don't blame Welbeck either. Last time we played Liverpool everyone was saying Welbeck had to play, because he looked our only bright spark at that particular time. All the players could do more, but look at the impossible odds they face with a manager who keeps on finding tried and tested as well as new and surprising ways to fuck things up. Alexis, Ozil, Ox, the club keeps raising the bribe for them to stay but they aren't stupid.

It's a mess. But it's not a surprise. We have been getting to this performance for a long time and the writing has been scrawled over every wall. Wenger can't take the blame alone. WTF are the dickheads supposedly in authority at this place doing? Raking in money, yes. But what else? They've even stopped feeding their golden goose. We're about to make a profit in a transfer window where it was so essential we showed some ambition. And they call this shit "sustainable"? Not for much longer. This ship is going under.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Boer set to be sacked after just 3 games.

Clubs showing ruthlessness and ambition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Xhaka has been a huge mistake. We already know that Ramsey just bombs forward with no common sense. Xhaka falls into that same bracket because he'll bomb forward to try and tackle instead of holding up the play. Ozil is just overrated but people aren't ready to hear that. Need a major shakeup with all three out of the line up.

It's stupid how often Xhaka dives into tackles he can't win. It's because he knows it's so easy to pass around him when our midfield is outnumbered but he gives them an even bigger advantage by doing it.

Honestly his passing isn't even that great and that's supposed to be his best asset! I was expecting a Xabi Alonso esque range of passing but technically Xhaka's nowhere near him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    It's stupid how often Xhaka dives into tackles he can't win. It's because he knows it's so easy to pass around him when our midfield is outnumbered but he gives them an even bigger advantage by doing it.

Honestly his passing isn't even that great and that's supposed to be his best asset! I was expecting a Xabi Alonso esque range of passing but technically Xhaka's nowhere near him.
    As with all our players, they'd be putting in much better performances under a competent manager. As you say, his total exposure in the midfield leads him to desperate measures on too many occasions. Wenger is setting him, and every other player, up to fail. Of course these players should have a bit more about them, but there really is a huge amount to deal with when Wenger is calling the misfires. I still think back to a couple of games where it was hinted the players themselves ignored Wenger and set their own game plan. We destroyed good opposition on both occasions. But none of that can be confirmed, although even Wenger himself did hint it was true on one occasion. And maybe that's all we can hope for now. Wenger stays on, that's happening anyway, he gets his money and he gets to parade around the place being in charge. But the players themselves find a way to set up on match day. Something has to happen and it won't be Wenger who pulls this back together. He's entirely incapable.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    De Boer set to be sacked after just 3 games.

Clubs showing ruthlessness and ambition!
    Is it?. Or is it just panicking

Their start to the season has been horrific but you'd think after three games there's more to it than just the results