User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid table mediocrity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    After the infamous 8-2 at Old Trafford people were saying we'd finish mid-table or worse and that top 4 was not possible.
    I said it was too early to say that for sure as it was so early in the season and got shouted down.
    #LettersWozRight
    You also wanted Wenger to get 'another season' for many years. #LettersWozWrong
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends what we define as mid table - I wouldn't say top 6/7 is mid table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    We didn't look that bad against United as we did against Pool.
    That's true. 8-2 did actually flatter Man U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketsi View Post
    That's true. 8-2 did actually flatter Man U.
    And the ref was pure slime.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    You also wanted Wenger to get 'another season' for many years. #LettersWozWrong

I've probably been a bit too patient with him although I have flirted with the Wenger Out camp for quite a while. As far back as 2010/11, the season before the Old Trafford debacle, I was of the opinion that he should have been sacked for the end of that season when we won only 2 of our last 11 league games, ruining any chance we had of the title that year. I have been a bit too quick to forgive though. What I have never done though is over-react to results. Didn't see the Liverpool game. I tell you, my new method of looking up results afterwards and tutting saves you hours, you should try it.. By all accounts we were horrible, but it's not been the first time. A few weeks ago we beat Chelsea at Wembley for the 2nd time in a few months. We aren't suddenly a bad squad. We do seem to have problems with Wenger "losing" them but it's not the first time I've thought that either before they've somehow got it together. Things aren't looking good right now but it's too early to write us off as mid-table candidates. Let's see where we are at Christmas. Predictably, you were one of the people over-reacting to the Old Trafford debacle:

Looks like DW stadium, Craven cottage and the likes will be our main rivals.
    #FYWozWrongToo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    depends what we define as mid table - I wouldn't say top 6/7 is mid table.
    Kind of is. There's the Euro bit, the one who missed out, a narrow band of clubs that will avoid the drop and then a big relegation battle.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I've probably been a bit too patient with him although I have flirted with the Wenger Out camp for quite a while. As far back as 2010/11, the season before the Old Trafford debacle, I was of the opinion that he should have been sacked for the end of that season when we won only 2 of our last 11 league games, ruining any chance we had of the title that year. I have been a bit too quick to forgive though. What I have never done though is over-react to results. Didn't see the Liverpool game. I tell you, my new method of looking up results afterwards and tutting saves you hours, you should try it.. By all accounts we were horrible, but it's not been the first time. A few weeks ago we beat Chelsea at Wembley for the 2nd time in a few months. We aren't suddenly a bad squad. We do seem to have problems with Wenger "losing" them but it's not the first time I've thought that either before they've somehow got it together. Things aren't looking good right now but it's too early to write us off as mid-table candidates. Let's see where we are at Christmas. Predictably, you were one of the people over-reacting to the Old Trafford debacle:

#FYWozWrongToo

I think a lot of our problems stem from the fact Wenger is an incompetent fucking idiot. If he could stop being that then we'd improve.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Kind of is. There's the Euro bit, the one who missed out, a narrow band of clubs that will avoid the drop and then a big relegation battle.
    I would say top 6 is ok if you make Europe in the league then it isn't mid table.... mid table would be maybe 7-12 then bottom 13-20

actually think we will finish above spuds.... they wont cope with playing at Wembley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say top 6 is ok if you make Europe in the league then it isn't mid table.... mid table would be maybe 7-12 then bottom 13-20

actually think we will finish above spuds.... they wont cope with playing at Wembley.
    If we finish above the spuds they should shoot themselves.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As good as they were on Sunday I actually expect Liverpool to eventually falter as well - you can't cope with playing at that intensity all season especially with CL football and no winter break. They don't have the same depth as the others do either and their defence is almost as comically inept as ours is.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us somehow scrape 4th ala past seasons where we've started of horrendously which will mask the usual problems at the club and cause some fans to return to the "Wenger knows" camp.