User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mid table mediocrity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

But maybe we expect too much it's only the 17th time in ten years we've lost by a margin of three or more goals. People need to put things in perspective
    "I must say that it is not the optimal result but I believe yes, we will see many scores like this in the future. When everybody buys top players we cannot say one team is better than the other anymore. We have now many top, top teams. There are no favourites as you will see. There are now maybe fourteen favourites. Can teams like Stoke, West Brom and West Ham challenge for the title? Yes, why not? It is our job to now compete with these new teams and show we have the quality. It is not ideal to lose by three, four, five, six, seven, eight goals. But as well you see if clubs are paying exceptional money for Lukaku, Andre Gray and Chris Wood, you must accept little bit that we are not completely in technical control of the results."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/630748/Arsenal-Wenger-reaction-dnf
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 29-08-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had worse teams before and finished in the top four. Hard to say right now where we'll end up but I still expect us to be in the top 6 purely because we have a top 6 squad. We always have a spell in the season somewhere where we go on a bit of a run.