Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid table mediocrity?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mid table mediocrity?

With this side, I can't see Arsenal achieving better than 8th. I've seen bad Arsenal sides before, especially in the mid Seventies (that is, before Liam Brady), but this side is leaderless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you are aiming too high. I can see this side being relegated under the current regime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closer to the drop zone in terms of points than the Top 4 is my level of expectation this season.

Somewhere in the middle of 8th and 14th.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure. This isn't the first time we've had a bad start and we have always pulled ourselves together in the past.
    It does feel a bit different this time but it is very early days. Still expect top 6 right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will know a lot more on Friday.

At the moment it is bottom half for certain but on Friday it could be worse.

I expect Ox, Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi and Perez to go and I expect no replacements for any of them.

How low would Arsenal have to finish for Wenger to leave, that is the big question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    At the moment it is bottom half for certain.
    No, it won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impossible to confidently predict where we'll finish this year other than to say we have precisely 0 chance of finishing top. It will depend on how other teams perform and will have almost nothing to do with us because we all know what will be happening over the coming months. We'll go on some good runs against weak opponents and we'll be absolutely shit against our supposed rivals and we'll collapse at the key moment. This is already scripted.

If the manc clubs perform to at least a competent standard, if Liverpool keeps the pace, the spuds dig in, the chavs avoid implosion, if none of these clubs have nightmare seasons then we are below all of them for sure. We can't get within a mile of any of these clubs unless they allow us to. That makes 6th the highest we can realistically finish. That puts us competing with your Evertons and Stokes and Southamptons plus maybe one dark horse that over-performs. And that's clearly our level. These are our main rivals. So somewhere between 6th and 11th seems likely, I'll take the middle and say 8th, maybe 7th if the majority of our real rivals have mares. We may even go through most of the season looking like we're fighting for a top 4 spot. But we'll collapse and drop down the table at the most crucial moment.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No, it won't.
    Are you Wenger or are you just sucking his cock ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That expression looks like you have just taken a big juicy Wenger torpedo right up the gay hatch.
    Für eure Sicherheit