User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Wenger see out his contract ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he walks

5 17.86%
  • No he's sacked

7 25.00%
  • Yes and he goes in 2019

6 21.43%
  • Yes and he stays on after 2019

10 35.71%
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger - In or out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Genuine question.

We're split between fans who go to as many games as they can (basically, the away fans), fans who go to whatever games they can (maybe 3 or 4 a season), and fans who have been totally priced out of the whole circus (me, and others).

But we still all have a bizarre affinity to this club, else why the fuck would we be taking time to post to a fan forum? Whatever we say, we might say we don't care any more or we couldn't give a fuck, we still care enough to comment. And I suspect we all care a whole lot more than just that.

So here's the question.

What can genuine fans (I don't mean the home fans, I mean real fans) do about Kroenke, Wenger and (let's face it) the home fans?

There MUST be something that can be done about this shit. If it escapes me, maybe it doesn't escape you. Give me a fucking clue please. There must be a way to get these cunts out of our club.
    Boycott.

We've protested, we've kicked up a fuss, we've flown banners... the only way they'll learn is by boycotting games and merchandise. Only then will these money grabbing pricks learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd have to be an away match boycott because the home fans would never spoil their holiday by missing a big photo op at the Emirates.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mass boycott is probably the only thing that would bring about forced change but that’s extremely unlikely to ever happen. I don’t think Arsenal fans care enough to make a difference and I include myself in that, the culture at the club is very different to that of other top clubs. So what if the selfish old cunt signed a new deal, that doesn’t mean the reset button should be pushed, if anything it means the campaign to get him out should have intensified. Instead we are all mindfucked into thinking, well he’s here for 2 years so what can you do eh?

It’s astonishing how different the mentality is at this club and how on the pitch success and excellence is not strived for. It starts at the top and filters all the way down through the team and on to the fans who are rapidly falling out of love with the club.

Maybe things will change when he’s gone but right now we’re all so conditioned to think in a certain way because of the constant disappointment and Groundhog Day nature of the past decade.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-10-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It'd have to be an away match boycott because the home fans would never spoil their holiday by missing a big photo op at the Emirates.
    Have you ever sat in the top tier? It’s the worst place in the league to watch football. Almost like going to the theatre.

At least the lower tier retains some kind of soul from years gone by but even that is dwindling by the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way things are going, I don't think we'll see a mass boycott. The fans would have to be fired up and angry in order for that to happen. I think that stage had passed and people will just decide to stop going. The slow kill. That's more dangerous because when you lose fans that way, it is hard to get them back. Wenger has done some serious damage to this club and will continue to the longer he stays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boycott will never happen, a few wins and half the fans who go to matches start believing we're in with a shout of winning something, I don't get it, Wenger and co are never getring close to a title ever again, doesn't matter if we go ona 20 match unbeaten run smuttered with draws and average performances like we have in the past, there's just zero chance.

These meaningless wins which we offer labour to against nobodies really shouldn't even be papering over the cracks anymore, but somehow they still seem to for some.

As someone said, at other top clubs they don't take things lying down, at Arsenal though it seems to be at best muted demonstrations which in turn become there's no point doing this anymore as he's signed a new contract, so let the guy get on with it even if the club do point the finger at us for lack of success.

Bored of everything at this club, the lack of convinction at every level sums up why we're a bunch of losers and will probably never win another major honour for many many years. 2nd rate club, with a 2nd rate manager, 2nd rate players....if you needed to write a book on what not to do at a football club you really only need to point at Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while we are in the Europa league, nothing will change. that is the only way we are going to get back into the Champions League. as I cant see us finishing above City, United, Spurs or Chelsea. So we really should be aiming for Europa league "glory". And the way Wenger always finds a way to pull a result out of nowhere to save his bacon. I would not be surprised if we finish 7th and win the Europa and everything will appear rosy.

Separately, I wonder if there is any top flight manager around who could do a worse job than Wenger. Alladyce, Pullis, Frank De Boer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG!

Turns out keeping Wenger was the right thing to do, turns out Wenger is doing a good job, and turns out we are lucky to have him and he's done us a right favour by staying.

The exact opposite to what I thought, which just goes to show - check your facts before sounding off

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ne-Wenger.html
    Für eure Sicherheit