User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Wenger see out his contract ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • No he walks

5 17.86%
  • No he's sacked

7 25.00%
  • Yes and he goes in 2019

6 21.43%
  • Yes and he stays on after 2019

10 35.71%
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger - In or out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    That argument makes sense. A central midfielder with half the talent should know that you can’t abandon your post like that.

This is what I don’t get about some of the players. Surely Ramsey knows that you can’t play that way as a midfielder. He can’t live in bubble. Regardless of Wenger’s tactics, he must know the very basics.

I was never a fan of Arteta but he arrived as a CM and more attack minded, not a defensive midfielder. From what I recall, it was Arteta that decided to play more reserved role and sit deep because he saw the need and how our players just bombed forward leaving us open. Wenger didn’t tell him to get forward, he embraced it and talked up Arteta’s defensive qualities and accepted that he was more of a DM. Even when Cazorla plays as a CM, he doesn’t bomb forward further than our damn strikers.

We have some selfish, brain dead players on the squad. Ramsey being one of them. But it doesn’t help when you have a manager that will help him indulge in his reckless play. It can’t just be down to the players to coach themselves, motivate themselves and organise themselves tactically. Not in today’s game and not when we have kids like Ramsey that have been taught the wrong way for far too long.
    Wenger won't bench Ramsey and he won't bench Ozil. Ramsey clearly wants to play in Ozil's role and does so on a weekly basis. Wenger tolerates this for whatever reason.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Oh I think the argument NQ made makes perfect sense, it's just not the argument my friend was making. As if somehow one or two players and Wengers faith in them has made all the difference down the years. Rather than a team mentality without leadership or even more damning desire to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger won't bench Ramsey and he won't bench Ozil. Ramsey clearly wants to play in Ozil's role and does so on a weekly basis. Wenger tolerates this for whatever reason.
    Ramsey has always been a selfish cunt of a player. He'd do the same when playing with Wilshere leaving Arteta to have to distribute the ball on his own. Wenger is spineless. He won't correct a player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arseblog podcast just touched on this. Even if Wenger tolerates it, there has to be something wrong with him if he can't see the mistakes and that he's making.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    I think he'll stay for the remainder of his contract at least. He loves it here, has no life outside Arsenal and has a boss that's given him a free ride.
    He's also divorced his wife and his only daughter has graduated from University and is likely off on her own living her own life.

Arsenal is basically his life & family these days, which is one of the reasons he finds it difficult to let go.

The only way he may not be offered a new contract is if we finish outside the top four both of the next two season, otherwise I see no reason why Kroenke won't just persist with him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    He's also divorced his wife
    Have you seen his wife?. I imagine spending his retirement with her is even more daunting

It explains his dalliances with exotic Fanny, well a black waitress who thought she could make it as a hip hop star ��

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exotic fanny

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Have you seen his wife?. I imagine spending his retirement with her is even more daunting

It explains his dalliances with exotic Fanny, well a black waitress who thought she could make it as a hip hop star ��
    tbh for her age she wasn't that bad looking.

Probably would have been quite attractive in her younger years. And it's not like that Wenger could do much better at his age if it wasn't for the money.

At any rate, I don't know why they broke up after nearly a couple of decades together (and 5 years officially married) but I don't think the situation has helped him at all - it's made him even more isolated & dogmatic in his ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She looks alright to me. Provided she was fine taking it up the shitter, I'd do her.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She looks alright to me. Provided she was fine taking it up the shitter, I'd do her.
    Square pegs in round holes?.
    Do the right thing, man.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day