User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Clear that Ozil not playing in a pressurised away game made all the difference. The midfield and front three all pressed Chelsea and kept them on edge. Ozil would have been fairying around, losing 50-50s, making sloppy passes and eventually disappearing into the ether where he often dwells.

Lacashite should have scored but I think once he has a big game and gets a few +1s, he'll be fine. He's not really getting more than one or two chances per game. Start him against Doncaster tbh so he can bang in about seven.

Shame Welbz is out for another two years.

Kolasinac is awlsome.

Wenger .
    Agree 100% on Ozil. He is your guy if you're playing Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom etc at home where he doesnt need to chase and harry but in the big away games, i dont think he should start. I think we should always have 2 DCMs + Ramsay and two wide attackers. This gives us a nice ballance.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I kind of agree with NQ that Chelsea did seem there for the taking but then again how much of that was due to the careful & disciplined way we played? You're never going to create a shedload of chances against Chelsea at the Bridge and we created enough to really win that match. Can't really blame Wenger here for that one.

The Welbeck injury is definitely worrying though because our current style of play is heavily dependent on the energy & legs he brings up front - Wenger will have to adapt things until he returns.

Ramsey .... why couldn't he have been that saavy against Pool?
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 17-09-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A honest man accepts when he is wrong. Everyone was predicting Chelsea victory but it didn't happen. Credit where's due . Wenger got his tactics right. Mustafi nearly won it .
    A point at Stamford bridge against the current champions is not a bad result at all.
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing 3 central midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good professional performance.

More of this, especially in big games please.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    A honest man accepts when he is wrong. Everyone was predicting Chelsea victory but it didn't happen. Credit where's due . Wenger got his tactics right. Mustafi nearly won it .
    A point at Stamford bridge against the current champions is not a bad result at all.
    An honest man knows that one instance of Wenger not doing something crazy with the team selection, positions and tactics doesn't mean a corner has been turned. I don't think Wenger had anything to do with the defensive performance today, it was far too organised and we weren't leaving those huge gaps. The idea Wenger has changed and spent the week drilling the defence is far fetched. Perhaps he has finally relinquished his grip and let his coaches do some coaching. I hope so. It was also strange seeing the midfield play in a disciplined manner. Again, most un-Wenger like. And the passing was crisp and generally aimed towards the opposition half of the pitch. Hardly a Wenger hallmark.

I wonder if he had any part in today's performance. I'm not prepared to give him an ounce of credit until we see sane performances on a more regular basis. He's had far too many fuck-ups to be getting a pat on the back after a solid, if uninspiring, 0-0 against a top 4 opponent. We should be expecting, as a starting point, we can go to places like that and at least compete and it's embarrassing to be coming away from the match relieved we didn't get a pasting. There's no cause to celebrate avoiding humiliation.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    Playing 3 central midfielders.
    I prefer it to our usual zero midfielders. Seems to work better.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All he has to do now is get Sanchez and lacazette on the field together up front.

We might be an it more potent then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we put in a really professional and disciplined performance today, I'm kind of gutted we didn't take all 3 points as I felt we were the stronger team.

Some stand out displays out there today, Ramsey was superb, as was the back 3 and wing backs.

I just hope we can keep up this decent form and start picking up 3 points regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have some very straight forward games now until the start of November when we play City and Spurs back to back. Should be enough to build up some false hope once again before the rude awakening.