User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His point was that we shouldn't be celebrating playing for a draw against them as if we were Huddersfield or Burnley. We should be going there to get a result every time instead of bending over to any half decent team.

Realistically that wont happen unless we get a new manager.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we are celebrating like that. I'm pleased we got a draw, it was more than I expected and it does say something about the state of things that we don't expect to get anything in these games right now.
    But most people's attitude, on here at least, seems to be that it was a good result and performance and we should be expecting that all the time, not every so often in one offs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    His point was that we shouldn't be celebrating playing for a draw against them as if we were Huddersfield or Burnley. We should be going there to get a result every time instead of bending over to any half decent team.

Realistically that wont happen unless we get a new manager.
    I agree with that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    That City win and the manner of the performance was an anomaly, it's very difficult to draw conclusions from anything we do that's out of character because it happens so rarely.

Though in fairness I don't think anyone genuinely believes this Chelsea performance will set a precedent, we've all been around the block one too many times for that. I just don't really like the performance being spoken about as though we've gone above and beyond. For a start we didn't even win. It's small time and reserved for the cannon fodder of the league when they take points off the big teams. Chelsea are certainly not our superiors and we should always look to take them on in this manner.

I'm sure we will see our annual go nuts and hammer a decent team match soon as well. Another seasonal anomaly.
    This post nailed it.

I don't think we can be considered alongside the big clubs of the EPL if we're pleasantly surprised we got the basics right, earning a draw and just relieved it wasn't all over within the first half hour.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.