Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    3 clean sheets in a row

How the feck have we managed that
    Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realised that I had no idea how we got on last night and had forgotten we were playing.
    Looked up the score.

Yay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    A dodgy performance and probably should have been two goals in the first half with a penalty awarded to them. We looked so stretched in the first half. The defenders were playing so wide apart with Kos and Monreal practically taking up wingback positions. Our CM's weren't much better. Elneny pushing up field too early and Xhaka not being able to find the right pass or space. We were lucky not to concede early because we were reckless in possession. With Elneny pushing so far forward early, my guess is that he's been instructed to play that in order to give Xhaka more space. Elneny never usually plays that way so it was unusual to see. But whatever the case, Xhaka can't control the midfield. Seen plenty online say we're playing him wrong and he needs to be able to sit deep and spread play but he's been given that freedom a day still looks shocking. We looks worse in fact. His passing percentages are worse this season.

Overall, not a great performance but much better in the second half. We had more control of the game and got much tighter. Good to Lacazette on the score sheet. Besides the goals, he's showing his quality. Work rate and some nice touches, flicks and a cheeky nutmeg. Need to get him involved more. Totally different performance to Chelsea and it seems like we can't defend well and attack. It's like we have two modes when approaching games. The organisation went right out of the window last night.
    Yep this.

I thought we were horrible first half, a better side would have really punished us. Central Midfield is a real concern for me, with Elneny & Xhaka in there neither of them excel in anything or offer us that extra bit of quality offensively or defensively. I also thought we looked really disorganised in Central Defence in the first half, Mustafi had an absolute stinker, honestly I don't really rate him, he's way too rash. We definitely improved second half and took control of the game as we functioned better as a unit. Despite that I look at this team and think Meh, for all the money we have spent I don't actually think we have improved at all in like 3 seasons!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Once again we show we just cannot handle the high press, and our victory last night is largely attributable to West Brom running out of steam.

We all know they had a stonewall penalty, I respect the honesty of Jay Rodriguez to get up and take his chance but surely once the advantage has been played the referee has the option to bring it back for the spot kick? (That's a genuine question)

Mustafi what was he playing at?

Elneny seemed to want to be occupying the same part of the pitch as Ramsey

We tended only to look dangerous when Kolasinac bombed forward (high press don't bother him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kolasinac is a magnificent player.

Such a shame that he was free and therefore doesn't count.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free players

Awlful signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Kolasinac is a magnificent player.

Such a shame that he was free and therefore doesn't count.
    All joking aside he is a decent enough player but just one of a collection of decent enough players in a directionless team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not true
    Our direction is round and round in circles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That's not true
    Our direction is round and round in circles.
    Don't worry, things will change this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll judge that at the end of the season