User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 2-0 West Brom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    That midfield was silky as hell but the team lacked end product, sometimes it was just bizarre watching us create 10 chances a game but fluffing our lines. Remember that CSKA Moscow game?

They were much better the year after though and for me that team up until 2010 produced the best football we’ve had since the glory days. They suffered in other ways but I feel the football was worth the entrance fee, it’s just a shame we never had the money at the time to add the type of player we can get now, someone who could have edged us closer to the title.

Our progress in the CL at the time was good during this period as well.
    I think I remember the CSKA Moscow game. Even if we missed a shit load of chances, I enjoyed watching the games. Certain games you just knew we were going to score but had no clue how many. Some the chances we created were better than the actual goals and contenders for goal of the season if they went in.

Most enjoyable game I've seen lately was that 2-0 victory over Basel. The football was free flowing and a sight to behold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember many specific games in that era but I DO remember how we used to completely batter teams but then too often not put them to the sword.
    Was good to watch but at times incredibly frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 07/08 season was the last worthwhile season for me. Even that was messed up with the Eduardo leg break and the shit fest we produced after that game. Not to forget Gallas crying in the center of the field at Birmingham!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Capi.