Thread: Match reaction - LGBT

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    So beat those fruity fun boys today.

Not exactly a classic performance but don't suppose it had to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we probably will finish top 4 but so what if we're not actually challenging for the league.

Good to get the win though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I think we probably will finish top 4 but so what if we're not actually challenging for the league.

Good to get the win though.
    The two Manc teams will finish above us as will the Spuds. Pool are just as woeful as us and Everton are shite.......Its possible but I wouldnt bet on it. Klopp knows he will be sacked if he fails to make top 4. Wenger already has his excuses so doesnt care.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City and Man U are way too good for us, Spurs are looking pretty good too at the moment so those 3 will definitely finish above us. After that Chelsea for me despite an mediocre start will have too much for us and will most likely get the other top 4 spot, they're suffering a bit of a title win hangover at the moment.

Liverpool blow hot and cold but as a team they're a better team than us on their day as they showed when they blew us away at Anfield, consistency is their only issue.

IMO top 4 is very unlikely for us, we've not really strenghtened much since last season, a season that was pretty poor and so far are looking very unconvincing, yes we're getting the odd win but it's pretty average stuff really, the usual stuff we've seen in recent years, a big defeat and a mini run of games where we pick up points, albeit unconvincingly to reduce the pressure on the manager, in the end though we get blown away by some other team and the cycle starts again.

We beat Brighton 2-0, but a really all of our results so far haven't been anything to get excited about, no real champagne football, no real convincing performances, we're now hailing a draw with Chelsea as some sort of glorious performance, personally, I find a draw underwhelming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs.....forget Liverpool. That's the top 4 teams we have to focus on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs.....forget Liverpool. That's the top 4 teams we have to focus on.
    Liverpool have as much chance as us of stringing together a run of results that bring them into contention, not for a title but to grab the last CL spot. Liverpool are our closest rivals this season. It's between us and them for a probable 5th. We've just put together a run of results against a stream of pubbers, ranging from relegation candidates in the PL to minnows in the Europa. It's the classic false dawn being lapped up by fans on AFTV who are suddenly calling this a 7/10 season so far.

The one notable result is the 0-0 win against the chavs. Boy oh boy, plenty of people are patting the team on the back for avoiding annihilation. This is taken as a sign of progress, a 0-0. Of course the gypos went and took all 3 points.

But in reality we're where we always are. A hapless manager who is nowhere near figuring his starting eleven. A shambolic midfield and a defence that swings from almost competent to all at sea. There's nothing I have seen to suggest we are on the way back up. We'll see what happens when we face the next credible challenge. Another 0-0 won't cut it. Somewhere along the line we're going to have to take points from our supposed rivals if we want to take their place in the top 4. Can anyone really see it happening? We're the team that comes bottom of the top 6 round robin now the spuds have found their way out of our shadow.

There's nothing happening at this club, it continues to be in stagnating limbo while we wait for the idiot to relinquish his grip. Klopp is struggling but he's at least sane and will find a way to patch up his crappy defence. Wenger will never, ever, ever find a way to patch up ours. On the contrary, he's likely to make it worse at every turn. If we ever do get settled he'll tinker and ruin it, maybe start playing Jack as a CB - don't put anything beyond possibility with this guy. So 6th is where I see it unless Klopp mortally embarrasses himself by failing to do better than Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City I think were near the bottom if not dead last, Liverpool came top of that round robin. I wish Statto.com was still around. We beat Chelsea and Man Utd at home last season.

Beating the pub teams consistently is generally how you make Top 4 (by that I mean 4th) so not beating Burnley and Swansea at home, plus for added measure losing at home to Chelsea doesn't strike me as a ringing endorsement.

I think if we do finish Top 4, it will have a lot to do with barely playing the first XI (which clearly is obvious) in the Europa League whereas all the others have Champions League to contend with.

For me I don't see our squad at least not in a worse state then last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we cant beat any of the top 5 teams either home or away, which is entirely possible for us, then realistically top 4 is improbable, if not impossible. If I were Bill Kenwright now. I would sack Koeman 2mrw and look to get Enrique in asap. Hes the only top manager currently unavailable. Ancellotti will probably feel the Toffees are beneath him.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 02-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Man City I think were near the bottom if not dead last, Liverpool came top of that round robin. I wish Statto.com was still around. We beat Chelsea and Man Utd at home last season.

Beating the pub teams consistently is generally how you make Top 4 (by that I mean 4th) so not beating Burnley and Swansea at home, plus for added measure losing at home to Chelsea doesn't strike me as a ringing endorsement.

I think if we do finish Top 4, it will have a lot to do with barely playing the first XI (which clearly is obvious) in the Europa League whereas all the others have Champions League to contend with.

For me I don't see our squad at least not in a worse state then last season.
    It doesn't matter. The historical record is there to see. In 2015/16 we did well in that top 6 mini-league. And then compensated by losing to a string of pubbers. Other times we have come bottom of the mini-league but picked up points against the pubbers. But we NEVER do both. Surely by now you have seen that Wenger can always find a way to fuck things up. He's infallible in that respect. Which is why having a better squad won't matter either. Look at the way the idiot is managing Lacazette at the moment. What a fucking tool the bloke is.

There remains the possibility the players will step up DESPITE the arsehole in charge. But so far, no signs of that happening except in the chav match which I continue to believe was one of those instances (like matches against the Manchester teams a couple of seasons back) where Wenger was somehow sidelined. You notice we have gone back to his fucked up antics since we performed professionally against the chavs.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure we'll reach the promise land of 4th again this season. It will be hailed as progress, the Emirates ultras will crow about how he's proven us all wrong and deserves another 2 years.