User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match reaction - LGBT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It doesn't matter. The historical record is there to see. In 2015/16 we did well in that top 6 mini-league. And then compensated by losing to a string of pubbers. Other times we have come bottom of the mini-league but picked up points against the pubbers. But we NEVER do both. Surely by now you have seen that Wenger can always find a way to fuck things up. He's infallible in that respect. Which is why having a better squad won't matter either. Look at the way the idiot is managing Lacazette at the moment. What a fucking tool the bloke is.

There remains the possibility the players will step up DESPITE the arsehole in charge. But so far, no signs of that happening except in the chav match which I continue to believe was one of those instances (like matches against the Manchester teams a couple of seasons back) where Wenger was somehow sidelined. You notice we have gone back to his fucked up antics since we performed professionally against the chavs.
    Ramsey has reverted back to type since the Chelsea game. Compare the amount of touches in around the box compared to how he played against Chelsea. Back to the gung-ho runs forward. It's like they all have the memory of fish. We'll get caught out soon or later and repeat exactly what was said when thrashed to Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If we cant beat any of the top 5 teams either home or away, which is entirely possible for us, then realistically top 4 is improbable, if not impossible. If I were Bill Kenwright now. I would sack Koeman 2mrw and look to get Enrique in asap. Hes the only top manager currently unavailable. Ancellotti will probably feel the Toffees are beneath him.
    Yep, totally agree with this. A point against our rivals isn't enough, we will need to beat at least two of them to stand any chance of finishing top 4 IMO.

The top 4 at the moment are extremely consistent against the lesser teams and are blowing them away so I can't really see any of them dropping many points in those games, it's going to be the battle of the top 6 games that decides who finishes where.

We also need to sort out our away form which is now bordering on embarrassing, if we can't pick up solid wins away then top 4 is nothing but a pipe dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Ramsey has reverted back to type since the Chelsea game. Compare the amount of touches in around the box compared to how he played against Chelsea. Back to the gung-ho runs forward. It's like they all have the memory of fish. We'll get caught out soon or later and repeat exactly what was said when thrashed to Liverpool.
    Yep I have noticed. I think we'll get caught out in one of our upcoming away games unless we sort it out now. We are not a good enough team to be able to go gung ho in away games in the Prem.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that we need to get fourth in order for us to make incremental progress to the title - I think most folks now accept that that old goat doesn't have it in him to ever win the league title again in this modern football climate.

It's more that it's absolutely imperative for us to get CL football to protect our reputation, status & prestige for when Wenger does finally leave - to attract the best manager available (Allegiri, Jardim, Serri etc) and to help attract & retain the elite players needed to win a league campaign.

Not that they weren't necessarily going to leave anyway, but losing CL football was likely the final nail in the coffin for Alexis & Ozil staying. We aren't a marketing club like United or aren't state funded like Chelsea or Citeh so we can't simply plaster over non-CL football by throwing endless money as they've all done in the past. So we absolutely have to get back into the tournament ..... either by getting top four or winning the Europa cup .... as one year outside the CL can quickly turn into five and soon you become Liverpool. And instead of hunting for the likes of Ozil & Alexis we're instead getting in pub level filth.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Yeah this. It's absolutely ridiculous and I'm a mega Ramsey fan.

MoTM against Chelsea and also dominated them (Kante & Matic) in the Cup Final last season yet decides to his best Messi impression in the last two game, instead of continuing to put in those boss performances. Not to shift the blame (as he should know better and I think some of is his ego) but I suspect Wenger has given him licence to do what he wants in these type of games ....... it's going to cost us soon and tbh we were extremely lucky against WBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Yeah this. It's absolutely ridiculous and I'm a mega Ramsey fan.

MoTM against Chelsea and also dominated them (Kante & Matic) in the Cup Final last season yet decides to his best Messi impression in the last two game, instead of continuing to put in those boss performances. Not to shift the blame (as he should know better and I think some of is his ego) but I suspect Wenger has given him licence to do what he wants in these type of games ....... it's going to cost us soon and tbh we were extremely lucky against WBA.
    I suspect it's Wenger's instructions because we saw Elneny do the same thing when given a starting role and he's more reserved on attack when in midfield.

But saying that, I highly doubt Ramsey is reluctant to bomb forward all the time. The problem with Wenger is that he'll sometimes allow players to indulge in their worse impulses and not correct them.
    Last edited by Power n Glory; 02-10-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither the manager or the owner are capable of lifting the clubfrom the mediocrity we now are. In the case of the owner I suspect there is no desire either