User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Mehaction: Watford 2 Arsenal 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Rosicky and Cazorla are amongst the most dynamic midfielder's we've ever had at the club IMO. Hate that we no longer have this kind of quality at our regular disposal.
    Dynamic is the word. A joy to watch. Loved watching Rosicky play and despite being an injury risk, we should have kept him to the avoid the sort of situation we face now. Could have stepped in for Cazorla with ease.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I've heard some people say this is our best squad for a long time, I can't disagree more to be honest, it's absolute rubbish. NQ highlighted that if we lose Sanchez and Ozil and you then look at our squad it's really very very average, other than Lacazette up front we have nothing decent, Wellbeck is hopeless and 2nd rate, Walcott the less said the better, 10 years of failure, Giroud a sub at best...the midfield is again pretty rubbish, who is there who is decent other than Cazorla? Don't get me started about the defence, very little real qualty in there, on top of that Cech is well past his best as well.

This squad needs a massive overhaul, we need a new owner, a director of football, a new manager, a new squad and a whole new coaching and medical setup, can't remember this club ever being in such a mess.
    So you think we have a rubbish squad and a terrible manager and we finished 5th and won the FA Cup last year.

We have some problems right now but no need to go overboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So you think we have a rubbish squad and a terrible manager and we finished 5th and won the FA Cup last year.

We have some problems right now but no need to go overboard.
    Yes I do, we basically have a handful of players that drag us to victories but as a whole the squad is average, probably amongst the worst Wenger has ever put together, it's inbalanced and lacks quality in key areas. Yes we win games but 99% of the time they're unconvincing victories and average displays. As NQ point out if you take out Sanchez and Ozil (which we'll need to as they won't be hear come next summer (or even come February) where is the quality, Lacazette, Cazorla (thought he's always injured), who else is actually world class and performs week in week out?

We got 5th as we've got such a big squad and can rotate more and cope with inuries better which is why we probably cope better than most, but in terms of quality and winning things, this squad together with this manager have got zero chance.

As for Wenger you know my view I think he's incompetent.
    Last edited by Özim; 18-10-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incompetent manager, average squad...5th and the FA Cup
    OK.

I don't think our squad is that too far away. With Wenger we'll never challenge but with a better manager this squad would be challenging IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK.

I don't think our squad is that too far away. With Wenger we'll never challenge but with a better manager this squad would be challenging IMO.
    This is the crux of it.

There's no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

New manager first and foremost.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK.

Do you hand on heart think we'd challenge with another manager? Wenger is a major problem but we have built up quite a few issues in the squad now. We geniunely lack real quality in quite a few areas IMO.

Don't get me wrong I think any half decent manager would improve us but I think we need to recruit regardless, proper recruitment too. There are 3, maybe 4 teams that have better first XI and squads than us now in PL IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroenke is a long-term cancer but we desperately need a change of manager if we want to at least see a short-term turnaround. I don't believe this squad of players should be as bad as they appear, they just really need to hear a new voice and some fresh ideas. They need proper and modern coaching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Do you hand on heart think we'd challenge with another manager? Wenger is a major problem but we have built up quite a few issues in the squad now. We geniunely lack real quality in quite a few areas IMO.

Don't get me wrong I think any half decent manager would improve us but I think we need to recruit regardless, proper recruitment too. There are 3, maybe 4 teams that have better first XI and squads than us now in PL IMO.
    We would have challenged over the last couple of years with a better manager. This year there are more better sides but we'd be closer.
    The squad is far from perfect but it isn't "average" either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would have challenged over the last couple of years with a better manager. This year there are more better sides but we'd be closer.
    The squad is far from perfect but it isn't "average" either.
    Fair play. I think this season is a real wakeup call to be honest, seeing how our rivals are doing...well Spurs in CL..has really hit home for me. We can improve and should improve but as it stands I feel we are getting left behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Fair play. I think this season is a real wakeup call to be honest, seeing how our rivals are doing...well Spurs in CL..has really hit home for me. We can improve and should improve but as it stands I feel we are getting left behind.
    Getting left behind? That's an understatement. Wenger has us running in the opposite direction to everyone else. We're leaving everyone ahead just as fast as they are leaving us behind. Only Wenger could achieve this. All the stupid bastard needs to do is the basics to stabilise things. Get a coach in to help set up the defence properly. Pick a starting eleven and stick with it where possible, give the poor sods a chance to build team understanding. Pick our best players, like every other manager does. Sort out the Ozil and Alexis shit, make clear statements and start lining up the replacements. No fucking around. These are all things the arsehole could be doing. But he sits there grinning and tells us to wait for his book. That'll be the first book I'll burn. I don't want to hear another word from the shit.

Why doesn't he just fuck off?
    Für eure Sicherheit