User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Mehaction: Watford 2 Arsenal 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Getting left behind? That's an understatement. Wenger has us running in the opposite direction to everyone else. We're leaving everyone ahead just as fast as they are leaving us behind. Only Wenger could achieve this. All the stupid bastard needs to do is the basics to stabilise things. Get a coach in to help set up the defence properly. Pick a starting eleven and stick with it where possible, give the poor sods a chance to build team understanding. Pick our best players, like every other manager does. Sort out the Ozil and Alexis shit, make clear statements and start lining up the replacements. No fucking around. These are all things the arsehole could be doing. But he sits there grinning and tells us to wait for his book. That'll be the first book I'll burn. I don't want to hear another word from the shit.

Why doesn't he just fuck off?

On a serious note we both know that Wenger won't do any of this even though he should do, his ego won't allow it. Wenger would rather amble on and rot this team to the core before he goes out there to seek assistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we go a new manager this is what I think we should be bringing in and getting rid of:

Out:
    Sanchez (gone)
    Ozil (gone)
    Ospina
    Mustafi
    Mertersacker (already gone at the end of the season as a player)
    Chambers
    Wilshere
    Elneny
    Coquelin
    Wellbeck
    Walcott

In:
    Goalkeeper
    2 x Centre back
    Left Back
    Right Back (cover)
    Defensive Midfielder (maybe a utility player who can cover there too)
    Creative Midfielder
    Winger
    Striker (possibly 2 as you need 4 decent ones to challenge on all fronts)

If Cazorla is done then maybe another creator as well. On top of that we need proper coaches to get the players playing together and the defence playing as a unit and to ditch the zonal marking which is a waste of time, oh and to switch back to a faster style of player so I'd suggest bringing in some quick players.

This squad will definitely improve under a new manager but will still need a fair few changes IMO, this squad is going nowhere, it was built by Wenger and he's entirely incompetent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Incompetent manager, average squad...5th and the FA Cup
    OK.

I don't think our squad is that too far away. With Wenger we'll never challenge but with a better manager this squad would be challenging IMO.
    Yup, like I said 5th is nowhere given our resources and the amount of time we've had to build a team, our squad size allowed us to get 5th, it wasn't really down to quality, we scraped through a whol host of games which could have easily ended up draws.

Our squad is miles away IMO, a new manager might be able to get top 4 but that's it, we need some major surgery as well, especially as we're losing two of our best players. People can delude themselves it's not far away if they like, just like they do about some of our players, but it's not reality, bad signings and the wrong signings have brought us to where we are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Yup, like I said 5th is nowhere given our resources
    Actually that I pretty much agree with. We have the resources to compete with anyone.
    But our squad is certainly not average compared with the PL, you talk about squad size but that is part of assessing how strong a squad is.
    And I'm sure we did win some games which could have been draws but the reverse will have been the case too. There are often fine lines in football and you more or less end up where you deserve to.
    If our squad is average AND our manager is incompetent then there's no way we'd finish where we usually do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we go a new manager this is what I think we should be bringing in and getting rid of:

Out:
    Sanchez (gone)
    Ozil (gone)
    Ospina
    Mustafi
    Mertersacker (already gone at the end of the season as a player)
    Chambers
    Wilshere
    Elneny
    Coquelin
    Wellbeck
    Walcott

In:
    Goalkeeper
    2 x Centre back
    Left Back
    Right Back (cover)
    Defensive Midfielder (maybe a utility player who can cover there too)
    Creative Midfielder
    Winger
    Striker (possibly 2 as you need 4 decent ones to challenge on all fronts)

If Cazorla is done then maybe another creator as well. On top of that we need proper coaches to get the players playing together and the defence playing as a unit and to ditch the zonal marking which is a waste of time, oh and to switch back to a faster style of player so I'd suggest bringing in some quick players.

This squad will definitely improve under a new manager but will still need a fair few changes IMO, this squad is going nowhere, it was built by Wenger and he's entirely incompetent.
    I pretty much agree with this. I do think Wilshere & Welbeck could offer decent enough squad cover under a competent manager but the rest I would bin, I would add Xhaka to the list too.

Any manager worth his salt would need to come in and build a proper spine to this team because we basically don't have one as it stands. We do have some very good players even outside of Ozil and Sanchez and I think some could form part of the spine assuming they were under proper instructions/tactics.

Another thing is removing the "winning comes secondary" culture, this is ingrained in the club, the standards are so low that competing is seen as enough now, any decent manager would not accept this as the status quo given our resources, potential and past achievements.

There is a lot of work to be done regardless of whether Wenger stays or goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sensible thing, not that I'm suggesting for a split nanosecond we should contemplate considering it, is to get rid of Wenger and then give all these players a chance to prove themselves. I bet we'd be very surprised and pleased with the outcome.

The incredibly stupid and self destructive thing to do is keep Wenger beyond close of business today.

That's why I love football, you never know which way it's going to go.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. I do think Wilshere & Welbeck could offer decent enough squad cover under a competent manager but the rest I would bin, I would add Xhaka to the list too.

Any manager worth his salt would need to come in and build a proper spine to this team because we basically don't have one as it stands. We do have some very good players even outside of Ozil and Sanchez and I think some could form part of the spine assuming they were under proper instructions/tactics.

Another thing is removing the "winning comes secondary" culture, this is ingrained in the club, the standards are so low that competing is seen as enough now, any decent manager would not accept this as the status quo given our resources, potential and past achievements.

There is a lot of work to be done regardless of whether Wenger stays or goes.
    Sorry yes, I meant to include Xhaka in that. As for Wilshere IMO he's too injury prone and Wellbeck has had years to improve his finishing to no effect so I'm not convinced with him either in terms of being a goal threat (if Ferguson couldn't get goals out of him noone will IMO).

I agree about the mentality, people said Wenger will leave us in a good state for the next manager, I don't agree at all, there will be so much to change with this club, a lot of which is deeply ingrained in it's culture like the losers mentality, Wilshere piped up responding to the comments Deeney made disagreeing of course, our own players can't accept the facts this is why we need a massive overhaul IMO, that and the fact none of the players mentioned were much kop when we signed them tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sensible thing, not that I'm suggesting for a split nanosecond we should contemplate considering it, is to get rid of Wenger and then give all these players a chance to prove themselves. I bet we'd be very surprised and pleased with the outcome.

The incredibly stupid and self destructive thing to do is keep Wenger beyond close of business today.

That's why I love football, you never know which way it's going to go.
    A new manager will definitely improve them, probelm is, they were never the right players in the 1st place, we signed them like we always do for the sake of it, because Wenger liked the look of them. In addition many of htem were nothing special before they arrived so can't see a monumental change in them going forward.

This squad has been put together by a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, wrong players, in the wrong positions, with the wrong skills no manager can fix that without a sizeable cull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new manager will definitely improve them, probelm is, they were never the right players in the 1st place, we signed them like we always do for the sake of it, because Wenger liked the look of them. In addition many of htem were nothing special before they arrived so can't see a monumental change in them going forward.

This squad has been put together by a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, wrong players, in the wrong positions, with the wrong skills no manager can fix that without a sizeable cull.
    Chesney's recent comments are damning. He was never going to be a world class keeper sticking around at Arsenal. But now, who knows? His career path has opened up for him again now he's with a club that values coaching. We don't really know what we have with this squad, not fully. We know there's a gem of a player locked inside Ramsey, we've glimpsed it. We know Lacazette is a goal scorer. We even know Merts can put in a world class performance, once unfortunately. We have young talent that desperately needs guidance. Older heads who haven't progressed in years. This is all down to one idiot. Who knows what a determined coach could do with these players and I'm sure all of them would soon be enjoying things as much as Ches seems to be, if only somebody would wake the fuck up at this club and get rid of the stinking great elephant shitting mountains in the living room.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chesney's recent comments are damning. He was never going to be a world class keeper sticking around at Arsenal. But now, who knows? His career path has opened up for him again now he's with a club that values coaching. We don't really know what we have with this squad, not fully. We know there's a gem of a player locked inside Ramsey, we've glimpsed it. We know Lacazette is a goal scorer. We even know Merts can put in a world class performance, once unfortunately. We have young talent that desperately needs guidance. Older heads who haven't progressed in years. This is all down to one idiot. Who knows what a determined coach could do with these players and I'm sure all of them would soon be enjoying things as much as Ches seems to be, if only somebody would wake the fuck up at this club and get rid of the stinking great elephant shitting mountains in the living room.
    Aye, Chesney isn't the only one who has voiced concerns about the coaching at Arsenal, Cesc did too when he went to Barca, he basically said that the coaching at Arsenal wasn't up to scratch, it isn't comprehensive enough, too much work on the ball and not enough work off it/tactics/studying your opponents. That was quite damning considering he joined Barca who at the time were famed for their tiki taka and were basically the best team in the world, if they work on the tactics, off the ball type stuff why don't we?!