Thread: Match reaction - LGBT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match reaction - LGBT

3 points

Clean sheet

I thought cech had a good game today.. commanded his box well and took control of situations.

Monreal

Sanchez :bow

Ramsey was useless

Mustafi was pretty useless

Walcott getting jeered when he came on

A word on lacazette.. he's quite frustrating at times isn't he. Seems to have that ozil lackadaisical approach which is the last thing I wanna see on the pitch tbh. Sometimes his link up play is really good then he goes through spells in the game where it's crap and the ball constantly bounces off him. He does miss a fair few. Certainly isn't in that costa aguero bracket yet but hopefully that improves as the season progresses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger .

Monreal .

Iwobit .

Hughton .

Lacashite is fine. He should have scored one today, but he's not a lazy fuck like Ozil. He was constantly harrying their keeper and defenders. His link-up play is 50/50 at the moment but then Alexis' is even worse. Once he settles into the team more and we start creating more chances as a team and maybe he doesn't get hauled off by WUMger on 60 minutes, I think he'll start racking up the +1s.

Also the ref and the linesmen were woeful. As ever.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Job done albeit I think we really needed a battering to raise our spirits. Had the opportunities to do so as well.

Ramsey had a shocker and really needs proper coaching - I know he's disliked by many on here but I think he'd be beastly for us if he stuck to what he excels at.

Actually though Mustafi looked good in the sweeper role, mopping up anything that got past the others. Needed to do better against Murray though he's a beast in the air.

I think I've made my views on Ozil clear already but like Jack he shouldn't get back into the team unless they pledge their commitment to the team in the form of signing a new contract - I'm sick of us building around or rewarding uncommitted players ... let them live by their decisions. Alexis is the only exception because of how fucking good he is.

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal who scored their opening goal, speaking to BT: "I was lucky to score today. We knew it would be a difficult game. They defended with a lot of players. I was lucky to be there and get my second goal for Arsenal.

"After Liverpool we talked because we can't play as we did. We lost 4-0 and the team was really poor. From there the team reacted we are playing more compact, we defend with all players and have a clean sheet.

"We have top players up front. They will score goals if we defend and can help with a clean sheet it is much better."
    Looks like there was another player meeting after the Liverpool debacle.

Monreal though

Now he's a player I'd love for us to keep forever, if anything like the BFG because of he's an adult and because of his professionalism.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Routine stuff. We miss some quality in midfield.

I wouldn't mind Ramsey getting involved on the end of attacks if the didn't ruin them every single time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important thing first - Wenger out.

After that, very easy game today. Brighton aren't sufficient quality to be in this league. They gave us heaps of time and that meant our passing game worked. Scored a couple, should have been many more. No real stand-out performances bar a second half spell from Alexis where he looked different class. Ramsey woeful. He overplays everything, always picking complexity when simplicity will do. Xhaka woeful too, the amount of simple mistakes he makes is crazy. We have real problems with the midfield. Defence looked disorganised on the few occasions when Brighton managed to get up our end and we were fortunate not to concede at least 1.

An easy game but an average performance when you consider we'll face much tougher challenges. Enough to get the points and a few good passages of play, particularly at the start of the game and in the second half up to the point where that bizarre cunt Wenger decided to wreck things.

Don't think we learned much we didn't already know.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Most important thing first - Wenger out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Ramsey had a shocker and really needs proper coaching - I know he's disliked by many on here but I think he'd be beastly for us if he stuck to what he excels at.
    He could be a good midfielder if he stuck to his task but his only interest is in getting up the pitch and scoring goals. Wenger has indulged him for too long and its probably too late for him to change his mentality at this stage.

It's not just a matter of coaching him. You could get someone to coach Ozil on defending and covering for his team mates but he still wouldn't do it because he doesn't fancy that side of the game and thinks he's too good for it. It's the same with Ramsey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Routine stuff, a mixed performance, thought we could and should have scored a few more. The back to back away games against Watford & Everton after the International break will tell us a bit more about where this team is, I'm still far from convinced we are anything better than a 6th place team at best and I kind of expect us to drop points in both of these upcoming away games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super win, I really feel we’re on the cusp of something special.