User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Mehaction: Watford 2 Arsenal 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I'm going to throw Ozil into that category as well. The introduction of both Xhaka and Ozil has created more problems than actually solving. The tall has been on how best to get more from them and forget about what the team actually needed.

Buying a CM that can't tackle or dictate our flow of passes from the midfield was a mistake. Buying an attacking midfielder who has done little to increase the potency of our attack was also a mistake. We needed a tough tackling DM and striker that can score 30 a season. Now we're having to find ways to bed in players that we didn't need in the first place and don't compliment the other players around them.
    We needed a decent CM, a striker who can score 30, but most importantly, far, far, far more important than any player on the pitch, a manager who wants to play a game fit for a title challenge. As we've seen now the striker has arrived, Wenger doesn't have the first clue how to use him. Turns out the 30 goal striker is also surplus to requirements because he too doesn't fit into Wenger's crackpot style of tapping the ball around aimlessly.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    That summer we made a big mistake going for a xhaka instead of a kante.
    Wenger was looking at Mahrez, not Kante. Kante wasn't a player who fit into his plan. Neither was Vidal, the player who could have finally replaced Vieira. It's almost as if the old fart now views these types as vulgar.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger was looking at Mahrez, not Kante. Kante wasn't a player who fit into his plan. Neither was Vidal, the player who could have finally replaced Vieira. It's almost as if the old fart now views these types as vulgar.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...eveals-chelsea

We tried to sign Kante NQ, predictably we bulked at his wage demands. I read an article with direct quotes from Kante last season stating that we were his first choice but we refused to meet his wage demands and off he went to Chelsea.

Kante is a world class player, he was brilliant for Leicester and France that season so why we felt the need to start messing about with the financials is beyond me. He would have massively improved our team. This kind of shit will continue to happen with Wenger in charge because he prioritises his own principles above the needs of improving the team.

Oh and FWIW I have read in various places Kante earns 120k per week.
    Last edited by selassie; 17-10-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...eveals-chelsea

We tried to sign Kante NQ, predictably we bulked at his wage demands. I read an article with direct quotes from Kante last season stating that we were his first choice but we refused to meet his wage demands and off he went to Chelsea.

Kante is a world class player, he was brilliant for Leicester and France that season so why we felt the need to start messing about with the financials is beyond me. He would have massively improved our team. This kind of shit will continue to happen with Wenger in charge because he prioritises his own principles above the needs of improving the team.

Oh and FWIW I have read in various places Kante earns 120k per week.
    That's Wenger moaning about money again, after the event. Nobody believes the bloke. He's almost signed everyone in world football. I can't recall us being linked at all with Kante, it was Vardy (cheap striker option) and Mahrez (because you can never have to many attacking midfielders). But if we were after him but wouldn't pay him, well that's the reason our stars are heading out and wasters like Walcott are bedded in for life. We'll pay second tier players second tier wages. All three players who wanted the going rate will be gone by the summer, Alexis, Ozil and Ox. As soon as Lacazette's contract comes up for negotiation there will be problems with that too. Only one guy gets the big payday.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    This is why Santi is Wenger's biggest loss. Cazorla can not only do all the fucking idiotic stuff Wenger demands, but he's two footed, super composed, ultra technical and can still create chances even from Wenger's joy sapping tactics.
    Totall agree, Cazorla is a big miss, more direct, will have a shot at goal and very creative, sadly he's now a bit older and injuries are taking their toll so we can no longer really rely on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Totall agree, Cazorla is a big miss, more direct, will have a shot at goal and very creative, sadly he's now a bit older and injuries are taking their toll so we can no longer really rely on him.
    The funny thing is, we also had Rosicky who could provide the same sort of quality to our midfield play. We experienced the same problems we see now when we were playing Jack, Ramsey and Arteta. We had to stumble upon a midfield that included Rosicky playing as CM to find that fluidity and get back to winning ways. I have no idea why Wenger hasn't caught on to what sort of combination we need in the midfield. He has seen the effect Rosicky and Cazorla have on the midfield but decided to buy Xhaka!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is, we also had Rosicky who could provide the same sort of quality to our midfield play. We experienced the same problems we see now when we were playing Jack, Ramsey and Arteta. We had to stumble upon a midfield that included Rosicky playing as CM to find that fluidity and get back to winning ways. I have no idea why Wenger hasn't caught on to what sort of combination we need in the midfield. He has seen the effect Rosicky and Cazorla have on the midfield but decided to buy Xhaka!
    Nothing he ever does makes much sense to be honest, more often than not he stumbles across a solution through luck and when there's a clear logical choice he veers away from it and does something completely different. Some of the mistakes he makes wouldn't even be made by managers of amateur teams, there's just no explanation for some of these things.

Right now IMO there aren't many worse managers than Wenger when you consider everything he comes with, sure under some managers we might end up lower in the league, but at least things would be less predictable and they'd try something different when things weren't working. At the same time a decent manager could do so much more and bring back hope and excitement, this man sucks all the joy and fun out of the game, he turned a once exciting team into one of he dullest around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger's had some sort of a mental breakdown. He's become obsessive with certain elements of the game while ignoring others entirely. Everything he does is unbalanced. He's completely out of his depth in terms of competing at the top and it's probably only muscle memory that keeps him from dropping things entirely. Kroenke is such a cunt. It's not actually decent in any way to keep dumping responsibility on a guy who is struggling so badly. If Greedystan genuinely had respect for Wenger he'd tell him to retire. But he's using him like he uses everyone and everything that crosses his path.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard some people say this is our best squad for a long time, I can't disagree more to be honest, it's absolute rubbish. NQ highlighted that if we lose Sanchez and Ozil and you then look at our squad it's really very very average, other than Lacazette up front we have nothing decent, Wellbeck is hopeless and 2nd rate, Walcott the less said the better, 10 years of failure, Giroud a sub at best...the midfield is again pretty rubbish, who is there who is decent other than Cazorla? Don't get me started about the defence, very little real qualty in there, on top of that Cech is well past his best as well.

This squad needs a massive overhaul, we need a new owner, a director of football, a new manager, a new squad and a whole new coaching and medical setup, can't remember this club ever being in such a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosicky and Cazorla are amongst the most dynamic midfielder's we've ever had at the club IMO. Hate that we no longer have this kind of quality at our regular disposal.