User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ozil out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • Fuck yes

3 16.67%
  • Why did you even create a poll for this no-brainer?

6 33.33%
  • My name is N_Q and I love Ozil and I absolve him of his shitness because I am his bitch

7 38.89%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozil OUT. Yes or yes?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we've got him signed up so we'll get a decent fee we could reinvest I wouldn't be too opposed to it provide there's a genuine footballing reason for it, not the BS reason they gave for RVP leaving.

It would depend on the new manager and the style of football we want to play.

The biggest problem is that it would diminish our commercial power at a time we can ill afford to lose it (deals coming up). The guy has more twitter followers than the club. It's probably for the best if we could establish ourselves in the top four and then flog him tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very appropriate injury. Spineless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replace him ffs. We sold Sanchez but still managed to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

We're in advanced negotiations for our new kit deal and that should be signed soon and announced by the end of next season. Once that's done, he can't dimminsh our commercial power. The real danger is that if he continues to stink out the joint we'll have a player on £350k that we can't shift. That's probably the case already because he failed to attract much interest the last time round. On that contract and looking at his recent performances, we're going to have a serious problem moving him on.

If he can't make an impact during the World Cup or under our new manager, we're going to be stuck with him. How long is his contract?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The days of Ozil making an impact are over. He is the ultimate luxury player now, picks and chooses when he turns up. I hope the new manager doesn’t give him an easy ride like Wenger did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are nuts

He needs better management but he's one of our few properly world class players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You guys are nuts

He needs better management but he's one of our few properly world class players.
    Key questions.

Can he be replaced?

Are the amount of games he misses through 'sickness' acceptable?

I'm not debating this whole 'world class' tag that's open to interpretation or him needing better management. We'll soon see if it's down to better management because I also remember it being said that he needed faster strikers in front of him. We've ditched Giroud and still no change with Lacazette and Aubameyang in front of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace him BEFORE the new manager comes in?

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Replace him BEFORE the new manager comes in?

It's obvious that won't happen. But if he can't up his game with a new manager, we have to try and get rid of him. I'm disagree with what TEG said about waiting until we're back in the Top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the point of him and it galls me that he has so much time off when he gets so much money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Can he be replaced?
    I would never say anyone is irreplaceable, a better question is can we replace him with anyone who is as effective.
    I know there's a perception that he isn't effective but statistically, he is:
    https://talksport.com/football/arsen...s-180131270735

Are the amount of games he misses through 'sickness' acceptable?
    Not this season. But it would be crazy to get rid of a player of that quality when a new manager is just coming in.
    I don't believe any new manager would come in and think that Ozil is one of our big problems and we need to sell him.