User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ozil out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • Fuck yes

3 16.67%
  • Why did you even create a poll for this no-brainer?

6 33.33%
  • My name is N_Q and I love Ozil and I absolve him of his shitness because I am his bitch

7 38.89%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozil OUT. Yes or yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I would never say anyone is irreplaceable, a better question is can we replace him with anyone who is as effective.
    I know there's a perception that he isn't effective but statistically, he is:
    https://talksport.com/football/arsen...s-180131270735

Not this season. But it would be crazy to get rid of a player of that quality when a new manager is just coming in.
    I don't believe any new manager would come in and think that Ozil is one of our big problems and we need to sell him.
    Mkhitaryan looked fine yesterday from what I heard.

Also, you forget about how we got Ozil in the first place. It's happened to him before. I'm not sure what's going to happen this summer but Ozil will have to work harder and impress if he wants to keep his place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkhitaryan is looking very good but wouldn't having him AND Ozil be the ideal?
    If we're going to seriously compete we need some real depth in our squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkhitaryan is looking very good but wouldn't having him AND Ozil be the ideal?
    If we're going to seriously compete we need some real depth in our squad.
    No. The ideal would be to have a good squad all willing to put in the performances and not check out for the big games or call in sick when they feel like a break.

If we're serious about competing, we can't accommodate that sort of attitude from anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, and I've already agreed Ozil has missed too many games this year.
    But selling a player of his quality before a new manager has had a chance to work with him is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, and I've already agreed Ozil has missed too many games this year.
    But selling a player of his quality before a new manager has had a chance to work with him is crazy.
    I haven't said that he should be sold before a new manager arrives. The point I'm making is that he may find himself in the same situation that happened at Madrid when Ancelotti arrived where he finds himself out of favour rather quickly. A new manager may look at him as a type of player they can't use and won't want to indulge especially if they don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I haven't said that he should be sold before a new manager arrives. The point I'm making is that he may find himself in the same situation that happened at Madrid when Ancelotti arrived where he finds himself out of favour rather quickly. A new manager may look at him as a type of player they can't use and won't want to indulge especially if they don't have to.
    I do agree with your stance on him. I think Ozil should be treated and judged as a first team player like everybody else and not as some kind of "teacher's pet" which was clearly the treatment he was getting from Wenger.

I would go as far as to say if he keeps on pulling these phantom sickies then he should be dropped from the team. He is one of our best players...but he certainly isn't irreplaceable.

I like him as a player...but I truly hope the new boss pushes him like every other first team player should be pushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wondered if Ozil had some specific clauses inserted into his contract when he first signed for us.

At the time it was a major coup so perhaps they insisted on some things before he signed such as his unofficial winter break and also these 'sick' leaves.

He pretty much always gets 90 minutes as well (injury aside), even if he was completely stinking out the place Wenger would still keep him on for the duration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can we get rid of him though. £300k a week is a lot of money and any sensible club wouldn't pay that. So only really leaves China

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth would we want to get rid of him? As fans, I mean. He's been our best player by a mile. That's maybe not saying much considering none of the players have shown any sort of consistency at the top level. But all this media nonsense that many fans have bought into is just that, bullshit. We are a much better team when Ozil plays. We've seen in the past the beginnings of a partnership with Alexis, but the idiot Wenger ruined that. Now we have seen glimpses of the beginnings of a partnership with Mkhitaryan, though the idiot Wenger churned that around too.

The idiot Wenger may be the cause of these Ozil "sickies". It's not an admirable quality either way in terms of the player's attitude, but if Wenger had reached the low point where he was such an undesirable factor for any prospective top tier player and the club had to bribe Ozil to stay then Wenger's idiocy has to be taken into account too. I suppose Ozil stayed on the basis his participation in the World Cup would be protected at all costs. A despicable clause in any contract if true, but it's the most likely explanation given the idiot Wenger's apparent willingness to go along with the sickness/ slight injury/ tired bullshit that has been used to explain the player's absence.

The next manager won't be an idiot like the idiot Wenger. And it will be down to the new guy to decide what he can get from the player. As fans we should be excited to see what can be achieved, not just with Ozil but with the whole squad once they are managed by somebody who isn't an idiot. And I assume the new guy will act if players can't pull their weight. I assume his goals will be focused on winning rather than ensuring maximum transfer sell on value or the other types of nonsense the idiot Wenger agonised over.

Ozil won't spend the last 3 years of his career stuck on a bench. So if nobody wants him at 300k per week his only option will be to muck in and give it 100%. He'll still want that last big pay day in China or the States I'm guessing. And he'll still want to play at International level. So he'll need to satisfy the new Arsenal manager to achieve any of that. Of course, under the idiot Wenger he could take the piss. Does anyone think that's likely to continue under a manager who isn't a complete idiot?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, under the idiot Wenger he could take the piss. Does anyone think that's likely to continue under a manager who isn't a complete idiot?
    I can't respect a professional footballer that would rather sit games out and take the piss because he has a weak manager. It's no excuse.

Also, I don't think the next manager will tolerate it. Or I hope not. This is where we have a problem. If Ozil doesn't stop his game up under new management, we're going to be stuck with him.

This is why people say he's not fit to where the shirt. If you're saying he's taking the piss because he can, he's not fit to wear the shirt. I don't care how shit Wenger has been. It's the same sort of shit I won't accept from players like Xhaka and Mustafi. Certain things there is just no excuse for.